A sneak peak of .. Leavu3

Fair game i thought id ask the question tho, Being newish to dcs and newer to mods like these, ED's F-18 will have datalink anyway wouldnt it that would be the same thing?

yeah but the F-18 will take WORK with a full clickable cockpit and not the easy mode F-15... face it FC3 is easy mode when compared to M2000 or MIG 21

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair game i thought id ask the question tho, Being newish to dcs and newer to mods like these, ED's F-18 will have datalink anyway wouldnt it that would be the same thing?

I expect it will, but based on different data sources no doubt. Whether its capability will be more or less than leavus, I cannot say. It will come down to what they think fits for their game I suppose.

Then again they might leave it out entirely - less systems to worry about implementing and balancing :).

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

yeah but the F-18 will take WORK with a full clickable cockpit and not the easy mode F-15... face it FC3 is easy mode when compared to M2000 or MIG 21

F15 should be easy mode compared to 21 ;).

The M2000 I dont know what. But I have experience with other fighters and once you set your systems and profiles up, the workload is actually less than what you see in the F15 ingame - Assuming we're talking purely about a2a.

The F15 in game is quite a lot of work in combat where in reality in a modern fighter you would not need so many manual controls. If you want an example yourself take BMS - The F16 is actually simpler to control in combat because it is not missing so many systems, integration and automation. They make it easier for the pilot if used correctly. But first of course - you need to actually learn them. Properly.

It is far easier to angle one's radar towards a given target, reacquire after defenses and so on in bms compared to dcs fc f15. Same goes for wvr.

Then again who knows, if you want to portrait an early 90s and 80s version of the 15, maybe it was quite manual to operate - I cannot say, I havent messed with its systems irl. But certainly it should be far more automated than a much older Mig21.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I expect it will, but based on different data sources no doubt. Whether its capability will be more or less than leavus, I cannot say. It will come down to what they think fits for their game I suppose.

Will be interesting to compare the two.

It would take work but they must be doing it, You can always key bind.

F15 pilots fighting mig 21's or m2k's in real life probably would be easy mode too, though.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

No, it won't. I'll all be on the HOTAS just like in the F-15.

Maybe it'll take 'work' to start it up, for whoever cares for that - but operating A2A isn't going to be any harder at all than the FC3 F-15C.

In fact, if the radar is modeled properly it'll be easier and much deadlier given how much automation is missing from the F-15's radar.

'My clickpit is better than your HOTAS' ignorance strikes again :)

The M2000, once the issues are ironed out won't be any different from the F-15 either given that the underlying radar code is the same. If you have a to click a button to select a different operating mode for a missile, well ... guess what - you don't have to in the real eagle which makes you wonder - is it 'easy mode' or just 'easy mode' in your head? ;)

Because really, I have PRF switches in the F-15, I have AZ/EL controls, I have radar silence, a designator and multiple designation modes (and if it was modeled like the real deal, you wouldn't need to designate anyway - the radar would do it by itself and then you step through the targets), as well as multiple search modes. Like it or not, the F-15 can have its radar run IFF on every contact out there automagically - yes, you have an interrogate switch, but you don't need to use it. All TWS modes (missing from the sim) are controllable with the HOTAS, as are all ACQ modes.

Just because an aircraft has worse usability than another doesn't make things 'easy mode' ... it makes the better aircraft er ... better.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No, it won't. I'll all be on the HOTAS just like in the F-15.

Maybe it'll take 'work' to start it up, for whoever cares for that - but operating A2A isn't going to be any harder at all than the FC3 F-15C.

In fact, if the radar is modeled properly it'll be easier and much deadlier given how much automation is missing from the F-15's radar.

'My clickpit is better than your HOTAS' ignorance strikes again :)

do the 3 of you even play MP? you smoke some good stuff i need some if it.

• Like 1

Id answer you but yesterday when we were debating, you decided making a point was too much effort and left. Kinda like you're doing in this discussion. To answer your question though, yes I play multiplayer. I dont find flying the full clickable cockpit airframe any more difficult than the fc3 "easy mode" planes. But then again, i use hot keys, have a hotas warthog, trackir, and 4 monitors.

Olde24, may I respectfully ask what server you typically fly on please? Thank you,,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

look apparently you guys are all for cheats so there's not much to discuss, your useing the export to abuse the game and give you features not even the SU has, it's clear it's not worth discussing just have to wait for ED to lock it down and fix there IC.

cheating/hacking to me is someone useing a program or modifying game files as to give a them an unfair advantage...

i cant say it any other way then this.

i fly in 104th and blue flag when it's around but mostly heli's in blueflag because of lag.

Again, you fail to make any point that its cheating. You just keep repeating yourself as though quantity of your statements equals quality. It doesnt modify or change any gamefiles. It doesnt access any information that isnt already available and displayed to you. Have you even used the mod man?

One of the few valid concerns ive seen regarding this mod thus far is does it simulate loss of communication between aircraft. Does L.o.s. affect its ability to communicate if youre in the mountains and what not.

look apparently you guys are all for cheats so there's not much to discuss,

Yeah, apparently yo uran out of arguments and you're back to the straw-man :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thanks for the response OldE24,, I was not sure if you were the same one or not? I kind of thought so.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Youve got to have one to begin with to run out of them.

cheating/hacking is someone useing a program or modifying game files as to give a them an unfair advantage...

this is my problem... but apparently you all don't see it this way.

yes fakum i'm the same one you enjoy so much.

Edited by OldE24

You idiot, by that definition, teamspeak, trackir, helios, tacview and a load of other programs are hacking. It doesnt give you any information you dont already have. How many times do we have to go through this? It doesn't reveal any info that isnt already obtained by the player.

and why do they block tacview so you have to get it from the replay on the 104th? It does give you info you dont have..you get type of aircraft on the SU27/MIG it gives you a better distance rading on the F-15, if you are on the dlink with someone and he locks them up it tells you where the guy is at..YOU DONT HAVE THIS INFO. on ts the guy MIGHT know where you at and be able to give you an IDEA not a direct he he is here going this direction he would have to be half way smart, unlike you.

to further there is no signal degradation in FC3 so you always have radio coms in the Mountians unlike the standalone modules like the mig 21 and m2000

Edited by OldE24

Jesus christ man, tacview exports info that you wouldn't have yet, such as enemy positions and locations. It gets the info from the server and makes it available. This program doesn't do that.

Tacview isnt restricted to data that is client side only. This program is. Do you realize it isn't showing you anything other than what your plane has already detected. Ffs. It doesnt reveal anything that would otherwise be unknown.