A sneak peak of .. Leavu3

Based on the latest word from ED, that ownship export will be a server enforced option that would stop any such mods from functioning in the upcoming patches, once disabled. :)

So everything has been documented and brought forth to the developers... Including the lack of IC at this point, leaving the sim completely defenseless from any sort of exploit.

Therefore, in the future, I'm sure any serious event or public server will make a decision whether such mods are allowed or not. Until that moment however, it is my beleif that such 3rd party 'enhancements' even if done in the name of realism or whatever, will always be used as an exploit in combat by some individuals.

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

c0ff said he will implement a switch to turn off local exports.

Of course it'll burn cockpit builders too, but them's the breaks. Alternatively they might turn off only some local exports (eg. sensorts), thus allowing gauges/switches to still be exported.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I must say, this is quite a debate! Personally, I fell in love with this as soon as I seen the graphics of the radar scan. I admit that I really had no idea about what this data link stuff was all about. I think I understand now. I have been trying to learn the f-15 for months now, but barely get in a couple hours a week,, I have not flown in about a month or so. I did start setting this Leavu3 up when the crap hit the fan, but I have not finalized that either, just haven't had time. I for one despise any cheating, based on what I have read so far, all I can conclude is that my head is spinning! I think I seen one demonstration of what this can do a few pages back, and I can see why some people would oppose this, but then again, I dont have my head wrapped around this at all. for the time being, I dont see much flight time anyway with the weather breaking, I will be holding off on its use. I might even go back toi the A-10 anyway since I did not fly the F-15 well enough to understand how to use it even to a noobs level. Anyway, I think alot of effort went into this and it is brilliant work indeed, I just hope this gets resolved one way or the other so all are satisfied. Most people do not want to be associated with any cheating programs, and Im confident that this was not the intent of the developers. I will be following this of course, but can only suggest to keep level heads, the bickering is a bit much,,, Im sure you can all express your opposition or support in a manner in which people will not get so hostile. With all due respect to all,,, Fakum

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Agree, Leavu3 is a cheat in MP.

It let no choice for MP players who don't want it.

I second that , LEAVU is a game destroyer for everyone , it gives the players a GOD like experience , i was on the online last night and one guy with LEAVU in F15 it made him very lethal. he had only one AMRAAM left and he could bring down 12 of us with one missile , this LEAVU must gives him a laser cannon with unlimited ammo.

Edited by simo1000rr

I second that , LEAVU is a game destroyer for everyone , it gives the players a GOD like experience , i was on the online last night and one guy with LEAVU in F15 it made him very lethal. he had only one AMRAAM left and he could bring down 12 of us with one missile , this LEAVU must gives him a laser cannon with unlimited ammo.

Read this post carefully, you will understand what I said much further, and much more ...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2440478&postcount=23

yeah, I should keep mouth shut:smilewink:

Edited by L0op8ack

Read this post carefully, you will understand what I said much further, and much more ...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2440478&postcount=23

yeah, I should keep mouth shut:smilewink:

Ok i read the chart and how it correlate the Emmiter power to the distance of the aircraft . thats is in the Berioza and that the RWR in the F15 doesnt give that . can you clarify more on your point and how is that related to LEAVU? i never used the RWR in LEAVU so can you explain .

Ok i read the chart and how it correlate the Emmiter power to the distance of the aircraft . thats is in the Berioza and that the RWR in the F15 doesnt give that . can you clarify more on your point and how is that related to LEAVU? i never used the RWR in LEAVU so can you explain .

According to the chart,

players with 'mods' like LEAVU will know your exact position if your radar triggered his RWR/TEWS, without doing anything.

If his radar paint your once, he need no IFF with radar and he know it's a blue/red guy just by RWR/TEWS, until server mission rotate.

Edited by L0op8ack
  • Like 1

According to the chart,

players with 'mods' like LEAVU will know your exact position if your radar triggered his RWR/TEWS, without doing anything.

you mean i will see your exact location on LEAVU's RWR and also apears on the HSD just because you are pinging my own ship?? if thats what you saying then no its not true .

The problem is that this issue had become like a witch hunt , poeple are attacking without even knowing or trying it. let me put a bottom line . LEAVU doesn't give you or show you something the F15 or the game in general cant show .

you mean i will see your exact location on LEAVU's RWR and also apears on the HSD just because you are pinging my own ship?? if thats what you saying then no its not true .

The problem is that this issue had become like a witch hunt , poeple are attacking without even knowing or trying it. let me put a bottom line . LEAVU doesn't give you or show you something the F15 or the game in general cant show .

Unfortunately, AFAIK, LEAVU is neither the only nor the 1st DLINK 'mod' for DCS.

:smilewink:

According to the chart,

If his radar paint your once, he need no IFF with radar and he know it's a blue/red guy just by RWR/TEWS, until server mission rotate.

No...Leavu does not do that. Leavu uses DCS lua ownship export API - which gives signal strength and signal type of a threat. Together with threat signal type you can guess the range - which both the game and leavu does. It doesnt give any position data, any IFF or anything like that.

Look at the documentation by ED in your installation folder of what exact data is exported. Basically:

signal strength

azimuth

signal type

Look in 'Export.lua'

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

According to the chart,

More idiocy from a person who clearly doesn't understand the mod.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OK, so how should I deal with a participant running Leavu on my hypothetical WW2 / Korea server? Just accept his/her being around? Or perhaps shut down the server indefinitely? Gotta think on that.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

More idiocy from a person who clearly doesn't understand the mod.

I think I understand much more than you about what export can do and can not,

that's why I keep mouth shut and bury what I tried.

:lol:

I think I understand much more than you about what export can do and can not,

that's why I keep mouth shut and bury what I tried.

:lol:

A field mouse thinks he's the master of the universe. You think you know what you're talking about. I know that you dont.

A field mouse thinks he's the master of the universe. You think you know what you're talking about. I know that you dont.

Keep showing your special skill, I'm watching

• Like 1

i guess people should be very precise about what they are talking or refering to. It is true that Export gives you Atimuth and Signal strength, BUT an F15, say with Strength 10 is not at the same distance as another rader with Strength 10. You can check that if you fly a russian plane. Place different Aircrafts at the same distance and let them Paint you, you will notice that the Indicator circly shows differen values. so its up to the Pilot to figure out what different ACs Rader strength are. Because the RwR has only a min and a max value (Strenth is acutualy a value between 1 close, and zero, very far). the further contacts are at the edge of the RwR the closer the Signal Strength is to Zero, same in cockpit and in export

a similar topic, leavu 2 was almost identical to l3, why is everybody so enraged now?

Edited by Nero.ger

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

i guess people should be very precise about what they are talking or refering to. It is true that Export gives you Atimuth and Signal strength, BUT an F15, say with Strength 10 is not at the same distance as another rader with Strength 10. You can check that if you fly a russian plane. Place different Aircrafts at the same distance and let them Paint you, you will notice that the Indicator circly shows differen values. so its up to the Pilot to figure out what different ACs Rader strength are. Because the RwR has only a min and a max value (Strenth is acutualy a value between 1 close, and zero, very far). the further contacts are at the edge of the RwR the closer the Signal Strength is to Zero, same in cockpit and in export

a similar topic, leavu 2 was almost identical to l3, why is everybody so enraged now?

because people are just against anything new that will shake or change the play style that they are used to . i honestly ask server admin and the guys who are against LEAVU just to give it a chance and more time and see how it improve team work as in real life . and then we can come back and have a more mature discussion where we can point out what needs to be there and what can be removed from LEAVU 3 . i think that would be fair enough

simo i had never installed a mod in DCS untill this came out and i only installed it to check it out with another player who told me about it and we went and played he was in a f15 high and i was in a Mig 29 low, so he is above me and painting targets for me as i am coming in to the mountains and it became clear very quick just how BS this mod was for use in a mainly non mod using MP server.

i get ripped on for using the VTB viewport on the mirage radar no less this.

Edited by OldE24

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2