A sneak peak of .. Leavu3

Couldn't agree more that the mod shouldn't function outside of the modern aircraft that employ similar systems.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

This is very doable - to limit it. However let's look at last time (Leavu2) when I actually did that.

1. People complained about the other way around - that I gave an advantage to only some of the planes.

2. The software (and I'd like to keep it that way) is open source - so anyone can just go in and remove the limitation. People actually did that last time too :(.

3. The only possible way (and unfortunately I doubt this could ever happen) would be if the server admins could have an ingame setting which would allow data exports based on what aircraft the client was flying - i.e. not just on/off like ED will add to server admins shortly, but a much more refined set of settings - and per data subset conditional per client aircraft.

These are the reasons why I have intentionally not added such an artificial limit yet to Leavu3. I'm definitely open to technical suggestions and solutions if you see a way around these problems!

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoda, do you think that limiting local data export will limit home cockpit builders? Because that would be a bit of an bummer to be fair since I love flying online!

The setting that ED is adding to the game for server admins cuts off all ownship data export (at least for dcs fc planes, but probably also at least partially for other planes). That means that no cockpit mods like leavu or helios will work on those servers. At least that's what I heard.

Most likely some servers will still allow it. I know at least ours will, and I know some admins out there are definitely considering it. Perhaps ED will find a better solution in the long run - And as always, I'm always open to suggestions for changes to Leavu3 to become more accepted.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I don't know what Id do without my Helios touchscreen setup! I spent so much time on it, I just love the simplicity of typing in data on the CDU, selections via OSB's etc,,,, what a bummer if that goes away, my pit is built for just that,,,, time will tell!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I don't know what Id do without my Helios touchscreen setup! I spent so much time on it, I just love the simplicity of typing in data on the CDU, selections via OSB's etc,,,, what a bummer if that goes away, my pit is built for just that,,,, time will tell!

Seems like Coff is working on a better solution already which is not just on/off. Let's hope for it. Looks promising so far. Maybe some servers will only block radar + rwr data, not ownship position & basic gauge data. Also this might not affect the high fidelity aircraft at all. Might only be a blocker for the old FC aircraft.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

Seems like Coff is working on a better solution already which is not just on/off. Let's hope for it. Looks promising so far. Maybe some servers will only block radar + rwr data, not ownship position & basic gauge data.

I have high hopes for this, the mod is very cool... but as I outlined in previous posts, the mod in its current state has some serious MP implications.

If ED could tailor the exported information so it is more specific to the aircraft in use, I'd probably reassess my position.

I have high hopes for this, the mod is very cool... but as I outlined in previous posts, the mod in its current state has some serious MP implications.

If ED could tailor the exported information so it is more specific to the aircraft in use, I'd probably reassess my position.

I have the same hopes - but I think it might be hard as - and this is just an educated suspicion - that the old FC planes basically share a lot of the same sensor code - they just have different numbers and cosmetics on top.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

I believe that a good comprise to all of this would be the following:

1. Allow only displays that can be exported thru a viewport so that they are the same as in-game.

2. Allow all gauges so Helios and Ikanus would still be useful for the gauges.

3. Allow all switches so Helios would still work.

4. Anything else would be an option for the server adm to allow or not.

Since only Leavu3 seems to able to export the RWR and Weapons Panel in the F15 and apparently other FC3 modules, this could be an issue without #4 above being allowed.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I've finally waded through this entire thread. I have to say some very childish comments and name calling and some well put arguments from both sides.

Also congratulations on what appears to be an excellent start of a mod to Yoda and others involved. I might actually build a pit someday soon!

I believe that a good comprise to all of this would be the following:

1. Allow only displays that can be exported thru a viewport so that they are the same as in-game.

2. Allow all gauges so Helios and Ikanus would still be useful for the gauges.

3. Allow all switches so Helios would still work.

4. Anything else would be an option for the server adm to allow or not.

Since only Leavu3 seems to able to export the RWR and Weapons Panel in the F15 and apparently other FC3 modules, this could be an issue without #4 above being allowed.

4. is solved in the next patch of dcs. In the meantime, due to public disagreements, RvE is only using leavu where explicitly stated as OK, such as our own server and events.

After the next ED patch admins will be able to control what data will be exported for tools like leavu. So after that we will see where we can use it again.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

It is too bad that DCS could at the very least have the RWR exported like they do for the radar. This would let pit builders display what is actually displayed on the screen so there would be no questions of cheating. They do it for A10 and partially for F15C and I can't believe it would take that much to add the RWR.

This is a nice project but I figured it would cause an up roar with some online players.

Has this LEAVU3 mod been patched/solved by ED in the latest patch?

Doesn't look like ED has implemented their configuration patch yet.

Any ideas about keeping the window always on top but sharing with DCS always on top? Theres a config setting but it doesnt work how i thought it might. This is Windows 10, the app has is its own screen, when selecting it, it defocuses DCS, which is a hard thing to happen when you are inputting to that window.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

well bro, this mod was so wired today, no dlink today. hope it gonna be better tomorrow

Thanks for telling me. Seems like the dlink server had crashed. You can always run your own thouhg.. dont have to go through mine :)

EDIT: From the looks of the logs... looks like it might have been DDOSed

If you see this happening again (dlink down for more than 1 minute). PM me instantly if you got time!

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Running Leavu3 and Helios on a 2nd touch screen

The simplest way to run both Leavu3 and Helios on a second touch screen is the following:

• Make sure you have java 8 or greater installed
  • Download dcs-remote2.zip and leavu3.zip
  • Unzip both where you like
  • Copy the files inside the dcs-remote2/lua/ folder into your DCS/Scripts/ folder
    • e.g C:/Users/<username>/Saved Games/DCS/Scripts/
    • If you don't have a 'Scripts' folder - create one.
    • Change the name of the export file in dcs-remote2/lua folder and copy the only line in it to the export file made by CPT Z and paste the line at the end of CPT Z’s export file and put his export file (as modified) in the Scripts folder

[*]Launch dcs-remote2.jar on your game PC

• Verify a tray icon appears (black square with the text oo DCS inside it)

[*]Prepare 3 folders, one for each of the Radar, RWR and the SMS/HSD modules.

[*]In each folder put a copy of dcs-remote2.jar, leavu3.cfg, leavu3-debug-log and leavu3-log.

[*]Modify each of the 3 config (JSON) files to your liking. Here is the first part of my Radar module:

• "title" : "Leavu 3",
  • "x" : 2197,
  • "y" : 0,
  • "width" : 397,
  • "height" : 397,
  • "borderless" : true,
  • "noFocusOnClick" : true,
  • "alwaysOnTop" : false,
  • "forceExit" : false,
  • "vSyncEnabled" : true,
  • "gameDataFps" : 40,
  • "dcsRemoteAddress" : "127.0.0.1",
  • "dcsRemotePort" : 12340,
  • "aaSamples" : 4,
  • "instrument" : "se.gigurra.leavu3.mfd.Mfd",
  • "symbolScale" : 1.50,
  • "rwrSeparateSrTr" : false,
  • "units" : "imperial",
  • "initialQp" : 0,
  • "qps" : ["FCR"], <Note only the radar will appear in this module
  • "use3dBscope" : true,
  • "hsd-hsi" : true,
  • "hsd-modes" : true,
  • "hsd-heading" : true,
  • "osbs" : true,
  • "dclt" : false,
  • "keyInputEnabled" : true,
  • Launch leavu3.jar in each of the 3 folders and a module should appear for each one.
    • Click INF to get to the INFO page and verify Dcs Remote is connected
    • My modules keep the boarders so I can resize them in the game and move them around.

· Get CPT Z’s F15 Helios profile and in the Profile editor for the monitor properties, uncheck “Behavior-always on top”

In the monitor config file in the game, you only need to set up the monitor as a single monitor as you are not exporting any dials or the radar to your second screen. Just set up Helios to run on your second screen.

· Now you should have the Helios profile and the 3 Leavu3 modules on the second screen

Edited by sobe
new next to last sentence
  • Like 1

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for telling me. Seems like the dlink server had crashed. You can always run your own thouhg.. dont have to go through mine :)

If you see this happening again (dlink down for more than 1 minute). PM me instantly if you got time!

dcs-remote is not working in the new 1.5.4, or the server is down?

Hi Yoda, how can be changed the range of the HSD in leavu3? means not using the DCS keys.

Hi Yoda, how can be changed the range of the HSD in leavu3? means not using the DCS keys.

It is actually locked to the display range of the ingame sensor. For example if the F15C vsd/radar display is set to 80 nm scale, the leavu hsd will also be set to that scale.

Btw did you get your leavu working after the new patch? I think the server just has to enable player + sensor export. Maybe it will work with partial funcitonality running only on player export.

Hey guys looks like Leavu3 isn't working with the new 1.5.4? The HSD shows waypoints and the stores management is working but no RWR and no FCR. Was that taken out by the update? Thanks!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord