Gazelle Live Stream

Wags

Another question for Polychop:

Which countries in the ME will be able to use the Gazelle? Only the real operators or - like it is with some existing planes - all countries?

Wags the DLC that you speak of, are we gonna have to pay for the new 1.5 mesh or is it gonna come with the update?

Not a new mesh, Wags said texture update.

I am looking forward to hearing more of it, because those textures have to be stunningly better than the standard textures or Mods (like Mustang's or Barthek's) to make me pay more than a few dollars for it.

Edited by Aginor

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys/Gals/Pilots, Please keep questions related to the Gazelle,

more information about Starways Textures will be released during the stream.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Is it possible to use the Gazelle as a JTAC and share the laser with others modules as A10C with research mode?

The HOT missiles can launched on moving target like an Aircrafts or vehicules?

The gazelle only has a Ranging laser.

Its not able to guided laser guided munitions.

It can only measure the range.

And you dont lock onto targets with the HOT like you do with something like a Maverick.

It does not have an onboard seeker but is steered from the launching aircraft.

So you point it at a point in space / land and it will fly towards that spot.

Its not fire and forget.

So a hovering helicopter could be a possible target but a moving helicopter would be more difficult and a aircraft would be pretty much impossible.

And while hitting moving ground targets is very much possible it requires some training as its not as simple as lock onto the target and fire.

There was actually a video released the other day that shows the weapons usage.

[ame]

[/ame]
Edited by mattebubben

IIRC the wire on the HOT can be cut manually mid flight / after reaching it's limit on the spool or by contact with environment,

if the wire is cut does the missile continue on trajectory until it makes contact on it flight path or until it runs out of energy or does it go into an abort profile and turn skyward and explode safely?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Yes. EFM is the acronym for EXTERNAL Flight Model.

It´s up to the 3rd party the level of accuracy of their EFM. There is nothing that stops a 3rd party EFM to have the same level of accuracy that the PFM of ED/BST, only resources and program capabilities of their programmers.

Will it have wing-flex?

Oh wait, I'm on the wrong forums....

Actually, what munitions are planned for this? Have never heard of this HOT missile so that sounds intriguing.

Edited by Ripcord

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Another question for Polchop:

Are the possible pilots' head movements in the cockpit limited? So can we turn our head approximately as far as a real pilot would with the given equipment (seat, helmet, or other stuff that might prevent them from moving freely)?

I am also asking because in some modules in the past there were funny things possible that reminded me of the Exorcist :D

@Ripcord:

No you are right! Every helicopter has wings, they are called rotor blades. :D

And they do flex! The startup video showed it. :)

I am also asking because in some modules in the past there were funny things possible that reminded me of the Exorcist :D

Do you mean the 360 degree view in UH-1H?

Actually I think it is possible to watch your back (when moving your shoulders and body on the seat).

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

Do you mean the 360 degree view in UH-1H?

Actually I think it is possible to watch your back (when moving your shoulders and body on the seat).

They should make a 170 degrees limit or something. Because in reality you can't turn right 180 degrees, and keep going right untill you see yourl left side :))

They should make a 170 degrees limit or something. Because in reality you can't turn right 180 degrees, and keep going right untill you see yourl left side :))

To look behind you lean forward, twist your upper body/shoulders left or right as much as possible, then look back as much as your neck allows, now tilt your Eyeballs Mk I in that direction as much as possible.

This is called "Check-six", works in real life and in the Sim and ia used to look at the area behind your plane.

A pilot in full gear has to struggle to do this, it is much more difficult than in the Sim, but not unrealistic. In a Helicopter it may be similar to car and depends on the harness, seat layout etc.

A 170° limit at least is an artificial boundary, and not realistic... ;)

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Will it have wing-flex?

Oh wait, I'm on the wrong forums....

Actually, what munitions are planned for this? Have never heard of this HOT missile so that sounds intriguing.

Its the HOT missile Developed Jointly by France and West Germany in the 70s.

In particular we are getting the HOT-3.

Its a wire guided SACLOS and fills the same role / is comparable to the American TOW missile.

The HOT-3 is the latest variant and uses a Tandem warhead.

The HOT-1 entered service in 1978 The improved HOT-2 in 1986

and the HOT-3 in 1997.

Its confirmed that we are getting the HOT-3 and we might get the HOT-2 aswell.

It has a max range of 4,300 meters and a speed of 864 km/h.

You can google for HOT Missile if you want to find more info about it =P.

I think more weapons are planned.

Rocket pods + Gunpods.

But for now its just the HOT missile.

And it can carry 4 HOT-3 missiles with two on each sides of the body.

And its Reliable for Tank kills even the heaviest of tanks.

Edited by mattebubben

Is the module planned to be released for version 1.5, 2.0 or both versions?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Don't believe so, it's truly a light helo. Per wikipedia, only 900kg difference between empty weight and gross weight.

Well, I don't know about the particular model offered here, but at least some models of the Gazelle can and have lifted sling loads some of the time. Lots of examples from the Falklands. See attached or here: https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/365/19318145068_dabbb8019e_z.jpg

p121.jpg.3fd63efd28d3761d112acfb050f417f6.jpg

Well, I don't know about the particular model offered here, but at least some models of the Gazelle can and have lifted sling loads some of the time. Lots of examples from the Falklands. See attached or here: https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/365/19318145068_dabbb8019e_z.jpg

Well it could only carry very light loads.

A few 100 KG at most (Depending on fuel load etc)

the 342M has a more powerfull engine then the earlier variants.

But its also heavier most likely due to the addition of the Camera system and other changes.

But The 342M was a Dedicated Anti-Tank variant.

So the Light transport duties would have fallen to other helicopters or other Gazelle variants.

Edited by mattebubben