New Thrustmaster gear coming soon

I guess the thread title needs to be updated to '(not) coming soon'.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're working on the next batch of products. :thumbup:

Their Black Mamba had a final production run and is now gone - forever. Their next high-end stick is going to be the "Gunfighter" and "Gunfighter Pro" (will come with an extension by default). The Gunfighter is basically the replacement of the Mamba, with the same high-quality internals (steel gimbal and steel cams, exchangeable grips) as the Mamba.

They're also working on new grips for the Mamba and Gunfighter bases, one inspired by WWII warbirds (the KG-12 in metal), one inspired by the grip of the real-life Su-35 (supposedly metal as well), as well as stand-alone throttle quadrants (one of which is inspired by WWII planes, the other a more modern one). Future stuff.

Until then, they'll be offering a more mid/low-end type controller called "Gladiator" to bring in some $$$ for production of the higher-end stuff. There'll be a Gladiator Pro with the same high-quality gimbal and cams as the Mamba/Gunfighter series, as well. A "Gunfighter Plus" is also in the works, that has a built-in throttle.

Also, there's always the awesome T-Rudder pedals (currently MkIVs) series, with steel cams to be had, too.

So, in a nutshell - VKB is working on good stuff, but because they're a small team it will take longer than most of us might like; however, as a VKB convert myself (see signature), It's well worth the wait.

Thanks for the info. Though it seems they're far behind schedule? Last communicated plans:

Gladiator – Q4 2015

Gladiator Pro – Early Q1 2016

Gladiator Plus – Q2 2016

Gladiator Pro Plus – Q2 2016

Gunfighter Mk.1 – Q1 2016

KG12 Grip – Q2 2016

But if they can come up with a solid high quality modular metal HOTAS along with a Su-35 style metal grip (that grip look so comfy) I'll be all over it, if the price is right (in the HOTAS Warthog range). And if they're not out of stock everywhere within a week ^^.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the info. Though it seems they're far behind schedule?

Guess that's the downside of having a rather small team.... :(

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Guess that's the downside of having a rather small team.... :(

Yeah, can't blame them though, quality takes time. Being a few months behind isn't too bad. As long as it doesn't transforms into a few years. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They're also working on new grips for the Mamba and Gunfighter bases, one inspired by WWII warbirds (the KG-12 in metal), one inspired by the grip of the real-life Su-35 [...]

Yeah, TM just held up a big sign reading "get that VKB stuff". Sure thing, will do ASAP. ;)

Yeah, TM just held up a big sign reading "get that VKB stuff". Sure thing, will do ASAP. ;)

If you're in the minority that's willing to spend a lot on a HOTAS, sure.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

"A lot" is a relative term, considering how much we tend to spend on our hobby already. The old adage "Software sells hardware" is especially true for DCS.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

They're working on the next batch of products. :thumbup:

Their Black Mamba had a final production run and is now gone - forever. Their next high-end stick is going to be the "Gunfighter" and "Gunfighter Pro" (will come with an extension by default). The Gunfighter is basically the replacement of the Mamba, with the same high-quality internals (steel gimbal and steel cams, exchangeable grips) as the Mamba.

They're also working on new grips for the Mamba and Gunfighter bases, one inspired by WWII warbirds (the KG-12 in metal), one inspired by the grip of the real-life Su-35 (supposedly metal as well), as well as stand-alone throttle quadrants (one of which is inspired by WWII planes, the other a more modern one). Future stuff.

Until then, they'll be offering a more mid/low-end type controller called "Gladiator" to bring in some $$$ for production of the higher-end stuff. There'll be a Gladiator Pro with the same high-quality gimbal and cams as the Mamba/Gunfighter series, as well. A "Gunfighter Plus" is also in the works, that has a built-in throttle.

Also, there's always the awesome T-Rudder pedals (currently MkIVs) series, with steel cams to be had, too.

So, in a nutshell - VKB is working on good stuff, but because they're a small team it will take longer than most of us might like; however, as a VKB convert myself (see signature), It's well worth the wait.

Thanks for the info. Really hard to find out anything about this. Unfortunately, their pedals are out of stock as well! If you know anyone on the VKB team, it would be great to hear from them as to projected schedules and availability! Maybe even get them to join this community!

I agree - a VKB community presence would indeed be nice. I believe that Jason from Stratojets hangs around here, but I am not sure if anybody else that might be VKB official. There are also a couple of community members around that very much in-the-know when it comes to VKB (Sokol and Bourrinopathe).

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

You mean the disappointed minority that spent the last 100 or so posts commenting how it would have been totally awesome if we got some new toys from TM at par with, or better than, the Warthog? That minority? :music_whistling:

Besides, the Warthog Serial Number thread keeps growing and growing, IIRC the numbers posted are typically in the 40,000s. Even if the serial numbers are not perfectly incrementing and if a lot of Warthogs still sit on shelves or in warehouses, I can't imagine the sales not being impressive from a commercial point of view.

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1

You mean the disappointed minority that spent the last 100 or so posts commenting how it would have been totally awesome if we got some new toys from TM at par with, or better than, the Warthog? That minority? :music_whistling:

Besides, the Warthog Serial Number thread keeps growing and growing, IIRC the numbers posted are typically in the 40,000s. Even if the serial numbers are not perfectly incrementing and if a lot of Warthogs still sit on shelves or in warehouses, I can't imagine the sales not being impressive from a commercial point of view.

Wow, a few people on a forum, how impressive. :music_whistling:

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

In my opinion, F/A-18C was not likely to come out as a HOTAS product due to small number of buttons on throttle and lacking of a proper simulator for it. Yes, DCS: F/A-18C is going to be out soon but how many people will get it(!), how good will it be(!).

I am still hoping for an F-15C HOTAS which could very well contain the controls of F/A-18C.

You know the 15 and 18 sticks are nearly identical, right?

Wow, a few people on a forum, how impressive. :music_whistling:

I'm sorry but if we are to draw any general conclusion, it has to be that this community is not overly happy with the reveal/event? Or did I miss something?

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

My guess is, they sell 10 times more stuff for PS4/consoles than they do for PC gaming. This is, even today, very much a niche world that we live in.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Jason from VKB is a fantastic guy to deal with - IMO if they had the products, he could market and sell them here in North America, they'd fly off the digital shelves. Huge opportunity for them right now to seize some (a lot) of the market since TM/CH/etc isn't coming out with anything new on the higher end for years.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

I agree - a VKB community presence would indeed be nice. I believe that Jason from Stratojets hangs around here).

Since the partnership of Stratojets (J.Willians) with VKB he became its PR manager.

Well, their announcements with that "For immediate release" start sounds like this guy. :lol:

Their schedule are a bit delayed, they need:

- Finish the Vintage Mamba (w/KG-12 like plastic grip) pre-ordered in end of 2015, their initial prevision was ~02/2016.

- Run the production of Gladiator and Gladiator PRO - their priority - the initial prevision for the 1st was 12/2015, then 02/2016...

- Produce T-Rudder MkIV.

- BlackBox - USB standalone controller for Gunfighter and other peripherals.

- Gunfighter - initially with plastic grip, the metal KG-12B grip depends on Gladiator success to finance the molds.

- Multi-function grip - for modern fighters & "spaceship" - based on Su- layout but will be not replica like Warthog.

- Throttle unit - Initially their talk about 2 models, but seems their partnership forbid disclose more information about this project outside of their "Announcements"...

IMO - Is not realistic expect HOTAS Warthog like from VKB for this year, and they say that dont plan make HOTAS based on Western planes - a Tm "territory".

Edited by Sokol1_br

Really? So how did we get the Warthog? The Hornet and its controller would be far more popular than the warthog.

The logic on the Warthog isn't really difficult to grasp. It's an F-16 stick reused by the USAF for the A-10 which means it can do double duty. The two biggest modern military sims are arguably Falcon and DCS A-10. When the Warthog was designed and released, DCS World wasn't even mature yet. It wasn't so much a case of popular appeal as it was a case of capitalizing on an existing market in alignment with a major software release.

For the Hornet, they're not gonna sell a stick for a jet that doesn't even have a hard release yet. Frankly, a Warthog quality F-16 style throttle with similar single/dual throttle switch and rotaries for fine radar control is all we really need, as it would at least fill general functionality -- but we've only just breached the first fully PFM fighter with the M2000, so patience will be our virtue.

Given that the E:D and Star Citizen fans are picking up the Warthog for their pits (and apparently Saitek will be designing a Star Citizen licensed controller), there's little reason for TM to appeal to an as of yet non-existent market for other aircraft with a new stick and they're certainly not gonna roll out a 1:1 stick for every module. When the Hornet arrives, that may change but certainly not before.

That said, it was pretty damn silly to have a press conference to announce absolutely bupkis. I, for one, am a little upset to hear that they are gunshy on swappable sticks for the Warthog as that seems to be the entire point of its construction. But if the VKB swappables sell well, we'll likely see at least one. My guess is it would be the F-15/F-18 considering we already have an F-15 throttle to match and both modules are on their way in the near future.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Edited by AesclepiusCrow

is there any detailed image of new throttle?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I think just these two pictures

TWCS.jpg

Also, this one that I took from the new TARGET Software.

jpg.jpg

Edited by GriffonBR

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Thanks for the pics.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Their schedule are a bit delayed, they need:

- Finish the Vintage Mamba (w/KG-12 like plastic grip) pre-ordered in end of 2015, their initial prevision was ~02/2016.

- Run the production of Gladiator and Gladiator PRO - their priority - the initial prevision for the 1st was 12/2015, then 02/2016...

- Produce T-Rudder MkIV.

- BlackBox - USB standalone controller for Gunfighter and other peripherals.

- Gunfighter - initially with plastic grip, the metal KG-12B grip depends on Gladiator success to finance the molds.

- Multi-function grip - for modern fighters & "spaceship" - based on Su- layout but will be not replica like Warthog.

- Throttle unit - Initially their talk about 2 models, but seems their partnership forbid disclose more information about this project outside of their "Announcements"...

IMO - Is not realistic expect HOTAS Warthog like from VKB for this year, and they say that dont plan make HOTAS based on Western planes - a Tm "territory".

As always - good info, Sokol! :)

Daisy from VKB confirmed this schedule as well in an email:

• Now Gladiator and Gladiator pro is under production. ETA is about 2-3 weeks later.

• Upcoming will be Gunfighter, and T-Rudder pedals are still on hot sales [sic].

• Modern grip and Throttle is under design too.

• If there is more updated news, we will keep you noted.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

thanks for the pics. i have ch throttle and it has 4 hat switches and plus a mini stick. it totals 5 we can say. Also 3 buttons + mouse click on mini stick

tm throttle also looks like 4 hat switches and a 2 way china hat like button. and 3 button also.

so they look almost same ability. but i am not happy with my throttle because it's axis is too short so i can not make small adjustments properly. i can think of buying this one.

lastly, what is that thing in the picture, in frotn of throttle handle? rudder, trim or something else?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5