Practice Missions Now Available!

The practice missions that were missing from the initial release are now in the campaign download.

Most of the practice missions are embedded in the campaign now so you can try them before the qualification mission.

You can also play them as single player missions outside of the campaign so you can perfect your tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) prior to trying the qualification missions.

3 of the practice missions were not appropriate for the campaign style of play so you can play them individually:

1. Interactive Start-Up Trainer Tester

- This mission will have start-up procedure callouts that will be highlighted if you don't select them within 10 seconds. It's a great way to learn the position of switches and buttons.

2. Interactive Shutdown Trainer Tester

- Similar to the Start-up Trainer this mission has you in a landing approach and does shutdown callouts after you clear the runway. It's a great way to learn the shutdown procedure.

3. BFT06 - Spiral Dive, Lazy Eight and Forced Landing. This mission starts you in the air just prior to the Spiral Dive maneuver. It's a good way to learn these procedures without having to fly the whole mission.

To play these or any of the practice missions (or even the qualification missions) as single player missions do the following:

Step 1: Select the Missions Tab in the Game Menu and then the A-10C module.

attachment.php?attachmentid=138276&stc=1&d=1460234675

Step 2: Double click the Folder icon at the top of the list and keep double clicking it until you get to the level where you can see the aircraft, campaigns, tech and terrains folders. Select the campaigns folder.

attachment.php?attachmentid=138277&stc=1&d=1460234675

Step 3: Select the A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification Campaign folder and you should see all the missions provided with the A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification campaign download.

attachment.php?attachmentid=138278&stc=1&d=1460234815

Step 4: Select the desired mission for example the Interactive Start-Up Trainer Tester. Select the Start button to fly it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=138279&stc=1&d=1460234916

Alternatively you can bypass the practice missions or change your campaign progress using the following instructions.

You can manually set the campaign stage in your logbook file. If you don't have it, download and install Notepad++. This editor allows for proper editing of lua files. Make a backup copy before you do any manual editing just in case.

To change the campaign stage look for a file called: <Drive>:\Users\<your userid>\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

You can change the stage here:

["games"] =

{

[1] = <--- This is the campaign number in your set

{

["created"] = "01/03/16 21:50:09",

["player"] = "Player Name",

["campaign"] = ".\\Mods\\aircraft\\A-10C\\Missions\\en\\Campaigns/A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification.cmp", <--- This is the campaign name

["status"] = "Active",

["history"] =

{

[1] = <--- This is the number of the first mission in the campaign and below is it's result

{

["datetime"] = "01/03/16 21:52:16",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["stage"] = 1,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["result"] = 100,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT Arrival.miz",

}, -- end of [1]

[2] = <--- Look for the highest number in the set - this will be the next mission to launch

{

["stage"] = 13, <--- Change the stage to the appropriate mission number

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT12 Low Level Flight Plan.miz", <--- Change the name of the mission

}, -- end of [2]

}, -- end of ["history"]

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of ["games"]

Here is a reference for skipping the practice missions.

If you want to skip the practice missions you can edit your logbook file and change the current Stage and Mission name to the following.

If you don't have it, download and install Notepad++. This editor allows for proper editing of lua files. Make a backup copy before you do any manual editing just in case.

To change the campaign stage look for a file called: <Drive>:\Users\<your userid>\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

Find the reference for the latest unfinished stage:

[5] =

{

["stage"] = 11,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT05 Basic Maneuvers.miz",

}, -- end of [5]

Change the stage and mission name to one of the following:

["stage"] = 3,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT01 Ground Handling.miz",

["stage"] = 5,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT02 Takeoff and EFATO.miz",

["stage"] = 7,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT03 Fly Traffic Pattern.miz",

["stage"] = 9,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT04 Approach and Landing.miz",

["stage"] = 11,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT05 Basic Maneuvers.miz",

["stage"] = 13,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT06 Advanced Handling.miz",

["stage"] = 15,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT07 Aerobatics.miz",

["stage"] = 17,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT08 Emergencies.miz",

["stage"] = 19,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT09 Instrument Approach and Landing.miz",

["stage"] = 21,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT10 Instrument Flight Plan Navigation.miz",

["stage"] = 23,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT11 Fly 2 Ship as Wingman.miz",

["stage"] = 25,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT12 Low Level Flight Plan.miz",

Please email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com if you have any questions or issues or post to the appropriate forum section.

Thanks.

1629818215_HowToSelectIndividualCampaignMissions1.thumb.jpg.6e37960c3e0cb36b2c357ec54e268e1d.jpg

1905387646_HowToSelectIndividualCampaignMissions2.thumb.jpg.37a4c9111d5cc6bcb97f586676f258de.jpg

226001068_HowToSelectIndividualCampaignMissions3.thumb.jpg.dccf9eab485ee1250a99e5bb87d0a9e0.jpg

1347822426_HowToSelectIndividualCampaignMissions4.thumb.jpg.659e1b7305e5ce04ecb61994e644d8d3.jpg

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

HI there,

I don't see any practice mission in the campaign folder. I bought the BFT before it came out as a DLC. Is that why?

Where can I download them and activate them?

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

HI there,

I don't see any practice mission in the campaign folder. I bought the BFT before it came out as a DLC. Is that why?

Where can I download them and activate them?

The practice missions for the pre-ED store version (MFM version) can be found here.

Your campaign mission key and password can be used to install this package.

Please email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com if you have any questions or issues about the User File download packages.

Hi Sabre, was curious if you had any insight into when the advanced qualifications campaign and Tactical might be implemented too in the ED store? Love your campaigns and had no problem repurchasing them through ED....think its a great and easier way to keep them updated. Thanks Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Hi Sabre, was curious if you had any insight into when the advanced qualifications campaign and Tactical might be implemented too in the ED store? Love your campaigns and had no problem repurchasing them through ED....think its a great and easier way to keep them updated. Thanks Jason

We hope the other campaigns will be available on the ED store soon.

We don't have an ETA yet but once we know we will advertise in our blog.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

BFT Missions missing?

Hi, I purchased the A10 BFT last month (August) from the ED store and installed it with the Module Manager, however I don't see any of the missions as depicted in the 3rd screenshot of the post above, all I have is a series of missions labelled CA-Push or Push.

Peter.

Edited by EasyPC

Thanks for reply. Yes they are there, I knew they were, I didn't make myself clear, I wanted to know why they weren't showing in the in-game menu as described by Sabre in the above post. Can they be manually be moved into \...\mods\aircraft\A-10c\missions\EN\campaigns where presumably they will then show up in the in-game menu?

Thanks,

Maybe these screenshots will help, as you can see from the 1st the mission files are in the folder \...\Mods\Campaign\A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification\ but they do not appear in the in-game menu as shown in the 2nd and 3rd pics.

Thanks

FTX-2016-sep-4-001.thumb.jpg.1b335d940a7e2afba4515b56205e7c9b.jpg

FTX-2016-sep-4-004.thumb.jpg.dc1b9cd65ffd51e5478c6979a3dc5f24.jpg

FTX-2016-sep-4-005.thumb.jpg.8afe6792c27929815c35d8b2a7478bb9.jpg

Hi, Finally got it! However the folder path you you gave me wasn't quite right, that just took me back to the folder full of 'Push etc' missions. I just wasn't going back far enough in the folder structure, if only I'd bothered to read Sabre's original post carefully enough! Thanks for your help.

• 4 weeks later...
The practice missions were provided in a later DCS update. Please ensure you are running the latest DCS version.

Thank you, I am running the latest 1.5 version and just updated yesterday.

Please give me some detailed instruction on how to access the Practice Missions. For example:

When I start the Campaign, how do I access the Practice Missions?

How do I access the Practice Missions outside the Campaign?

The information provided in the above posts, does not seem to work for me.

See this post. It explains how to access the practice missions from the Missions menu.

Make sure you get to the correct directory:

G:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\campaigns\A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification

If you don't see the missions in that folder and you have updated then something happened with the update and I recommend opening a support ticket with ED.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

• 1 month later...

Installing the BFT paractice

I bought the campaing before it was available at DCS.

I keep the key.

I have downloaded the practice missions from the link above...

A silly question, I know... How do I install it so I am asked fot the key...

I place the file at the proper folder but it keeps like a .miz file with a size of 63MB... I d not see the individual mission files as I se with the BFT campaign or AAT campaign...

Thanks for help...

If you mean the User Files download package and not the in game Module Manager version then you should have received an email with the MFM key and password.

To install rename the .miz file extension on the downloaded package to .exe and run the file. It's an installer and will prompt for the MFM key and password.

If you upgrade to the ED Store version you don't have to worry about manually installing updates or using the MFM key and password as the module is managed by the in game Module Manager.

Our rebate program is also still in effect to help with the upgrade. You can read about the rebate program here.

• 1 month later...

A10c training missions

I purchased both the basic and advanced A-10C training missions.. I cannot find them in my folder anywhere. I have clicked on the Module Manager and they do not show there so I cannot install them. ANy idea what I need to do? I also downloaded some .miz files posted as training for the A10c but have no idea what to do wih them now.. Do I just put them in a folder or is there a way I have to load them etc..

I am a new DCS user so please looking for help..

Thank You

Welcome to DCS!

In the Module Manager interface select the "Available DLC" tab and then the "Campaigns" tab. You should see the campaigns listed.

If you have purchased them you should see an "Install" button beside them. If not then you will see a "Buy" button.

Select the install button and it should install the campaigns.

To play them go to the Campaign main menu section, select the A-10C and they should be visible.

This page has some info to help explain this as well.

Training tutorials

Thanks to you both.

I think I found my problem.

I have to upgrade my video card.. I am having to use version 1.2 as when I tried to upgrade to 1.5 I could not get it to open and had to revert back. I will be upgrading it the first of Jan. 2017 as then my budget allows it.

Thanks for the help and input. I do have both my activation codes in my e mail from DC.

I do have a question though... I can get the A 10C loading with no problem. the tutorials for it are working fine but I need something more basic then the ones that are included which work on 1.2. Is there any available that you know of of something basic which I can do cold starts from as the ones in the mission etc. all all already started so I cannot practice my cold starts in any of them.

Thank You for the help and input... as I say.. I will be upgrading my video card the first of the month.