looking for a historically-minded group that flies all modules

goodpoints

I got into DCS last summer and generally played only singleplayer with the occasional hop into the 104's server. I've recently come back to DCS after a hiatus of a few months and am working on getting reacquainted with 1.5 as well as refreshing all my skills/knowledge for the different modules I fly. I've started to really wish for a good group to fly coop and PvP missions with. I've been looking through this board and checking out various squadrons and the like for a while but they either seem to not be active or aren't really what I'm looking for.

I'd like to find a group that:

• is adult, polite, and friendly
  • has at least 6 or so active players
  • flies a wide range of DCS modules. I have A-10C, Ka-50, MiG-15, MiG-21, F-86, P-51, Bf 109, FW 109, and CA. Don't have NTTR yet, planning to get the Huey and M2000C soon.
  • creates/flies missions based on historical record (if available) or otherwise plausible scenarios
  • is interested in studying and adopting historically appropriate doctrine, tactics, and procedure for missions
  • does the above without necessary trying to emulate an actual unit outside of the mission and maintains a relatively casual environment. While I can keep regular commitments, I'm not particularly interested in strict training regimens or military rank and promotions.
  • preferably plays other multiplayer flight sims: RoF, Il-2, or BMS. I appreciate DCS for the level of fidelity, though I play flight sims more out of historical interest than interest in aviation by itself. I also play or am interested in other types of multiplayer milsims and wargames, e.g. Command Ops 2, CMANO, AGEod games, Steel Beasts, Red Orchestra, Squad etc.

If you think I may be a good fit for your group or one that you know of, please let me know. I'm on the US east coast (EST), have a fairly open though irregular schedule (typically free in the evenings), use a custom built HOTAS (modified F-16 stick/F-15 throttle) with pedals and Track IR, have about 120 hours total of DCS experience, and am at least minimally functional in all the modules I own.

We cover many of your wickets. We have our focus on the MiG21, L39, Mi8 (CSAR),and 109(case blue.) Also quite a.bit of Mirage. We still fly all the other modules as a group from time to time. Most are on the West coast with some Central and East Coast. We don't have a rank structure. Instead when playing your element lead has the last word while flying. Our forum address is in my signature. We do have a requirment to go thru a training program in a two seat trainer, preferably the L39 in order to have the basic SOP's down. This is followed by training in the MiG in order for you to be qualified to train other dudes via agressor roles.

Edited by viperdogsnake

on