Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

I'll have to check it out. I don't recall it doing this until I installed a new driver on Sunday morning. Another driver came out 2 days after that. I'll dig into the settings later. I just remember you saying something about losing frames waiting on the GPU so fps was half of 90 or something although the machine isn't struggling and performance is smooth either way.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Hmm found this explanation on reddit. Would ATW be causing this?

There is a method used called re-projection. If you are struggling to maintain 90FPS it will drop the frames to 45fps and send the same frame twice. This makes everything stay smooth(er) at lower FPS. 90 FPS is still a better experience though.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Is there a way to make the rift remote control work as the mouse button? If not Wags, is that something that could be made into DC s in the future? Because I could just velcro that thing to my throttle and the clickable cockpit just became that much easier in VR. Sorry about the formatting voice to text while driving

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Is there a way to make the rift remote control work as the mouse button? If not Wags, is that something that could be made into DC s in the future? Because I could just velcro that thing to my throttle and the clickable cockpit just became that much easier in VR. Sorry about the formatting voice to text while driving

We plan of to offer both mouse control and a head pointer tied with keyboard/HOTAS select options.

Thanks

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

That's cool, but I would rather it be the remote than take up a hotas button... I have no idea how that works though.... not even sure the remote shows up in the devices list... need to look.

I am curious how that controller is enumerated in your Windows device list.

Hmm found this explanation on reddit. Would ATW be causing this?

There is a method used called re-projection. If you are struggling to maintain 90FPS it will drop the frames to 45fps and send the same frame twice. This makes everything stay smooth(er) at lower FPS. 90 FPS is still a better experience though.

You should set all of your graphics to LOW and get out over open desert and test. You should be pulling 90fps with your system.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

I am curious how that controller is enumerated in your Windows device list.

Doesnt it connect to the HMD Via Wireless Blue Tooth and use the HMD's USB Connection to transmit Data Along w/ Tracking and Gyro Sync?.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Hi!

I jumped on the VR wagon and got myself a rift. Amazing! Tried mainly with DCS 1,5. Having a Hotas, MFCDs in reach I can easily interact with the sim. However, switching frequencies for Community Coop Mission maybe a backstep, as I am used to controlling radios with the saitek radio panel which cannot be used without seeing them. How do do control your radios? Are you okay with using pointer and mouse for the radios?

2x Super Sampling makes a big difference in readability, but brings my fps down to 30+. w/o Super Sampling I had almost constant 45 fps. Going to think about GTX-1070/Gtx-1080.

Handling Radios,90 FPS, and taking notes (i.e. coordinates) are my only issues ATM.

Spotting "mud launches" is really awesome.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

CPU's haven't improved a hell of a lot over the last couple years.

I wouldn't bother. There isn't much difference between the i7 generations.

Cheers Kayos.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

I have a gtx titan on low settings bf with oculus debug tool at 1.5 ( for higher clarity ) I mainly get a fluid experience with very few minor glitches

Tried my friends pc with a gtx 980ti earlier - 99.5% fluid experience with a few settings increased, again 1.5 in debug tool

We both have sandy bridge i7's

Roll on the gtx 1080 !!! The only way to go if one uses VR with high spec similations

Anyone able to get the headphones working on CV1 with DCS? They work with all the Oculus home apps,not DCS tho.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

My Rift is coming!

I was at a scheduled ship date of End of July - Beginning of August.

Best Buy is getting them in on Wed/Thurs the last few weeks so I setup email/text/desktop alerts at NowInStock.net to poll their online inventory every 30 seconds.

I got blown up at about 4:30PM. Went only and ordered one. Should be here next Wed!

If you are inline to get a rift but have a long ship time- I highly recommend taking the 5 mins to setup an account on NowInStock. It lasted about 8 minutes before they ran out again.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone able to get the headphones working on CV1 with DCS? They work with all the Oculus home apps,not DCS tho.

you have to set your Windows speaker output to the headset

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Speaker Icon on task bar, playback devices, Select USB Device, Set as Default.

My Rift is coming!

I was at a scheduled ship date of End of July - Beginning of August.

Best Buy is getting them in on Wed/Thurs the last few weeks so I setup email/text/desktop alerts at NowInStock.net to poll their online inventory every 30 seconds.

I got blown up at about 4:30PM. Went only and ordered one. Should be here next Wed!

If you are inline to get a rift but have a long ship time- I highly recommend taking the 5 mins to setup an account on NowInStock. It lasted about 8 minutes before they ran out again.

It's hard not to be disappointed with Oculus with regards to the ordering system. They should have honored all the preorders first before selling in stores. Am happy for you though Shogun.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Doesnt it connect to the HMD Via Wireless Blue Tooth and use the HMD's USB Connection to transmit Data Along w/ Tracking and Gyro Sync?.

Dunno yet...still waiting for it...my DK2 doesn't have that dongle. I'm thinking that it's some proprietary dongle and not a standard hid. Since I won't interact with the Home program I won't use the dongle or xbox controller anyhow...too many controllers connected already.

Congrats to Shogun!

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

It's hard not to be disappointed with Oculus with regards to the ordering system. They should have honored all the preorders first before selling in stores. Am happy for you though Shogun.

I completely agree. I was initially kind of upset about it.

But I also understand they had an agreement with Best Buy to do instore demo's so they can get their product out there into hands of everyday folks. I assume Oculus has to provide a certain amount of units to Best Buy to hold up their end of the deal so Best Buy can sell them. Kind of a trade off of exposure for product. I can't really blame them.

But thanks! I am glad I am getting one too!

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had the same experience buying my first iPhone. I was able to just buy it in an ATT store while people who preordered them were still waiting.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I completely agree. I was initially kind of upset about it.

But I also understand they had an agreement with Best Buy to do instore demo's so they can get their product out there into hands of everyday folks. I assume Oculus has to provide a certain amount of units to Best Buy to hold up their end of the deal so Best Buy can sell them. Kind of a trade off of exposure for product. I can't really blame them.

But thanks! I am glad I am getting one too!

Nice to see someone with common sense. :) It is taking way to long to provide these preorder units, but besides the Best Buy contract, either they were hit with far more orders than they expected, or there are unusually high quality control issues. I know I'm in the RMA process with my second Rift. If I weren't primarily interested in flight sims I would cancel the Rift, and buy the Vive, but there are issues with the Vive as well, so I could be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Bring on the second generation.

Bring on the second generation.

:thumbup::thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I didn't think I'd use them Derek but Oculus Home, the Rift remote and the Xbone controller all get a lot of use for me.

Wait til you see my 'DCS:Landing Signal Officer' video. :)

I don't interact with the OH program and really have no use for it other than for the runtimes. I'm looking to develop a puck of our own that the user/pilot/racer can keep in his lap with various buttons and a jog switch for navigating, etc. Like a HOTAS joystick but without the base...just a cord. I really don't know what the pculus dongle is by way of hardware classification, but I'm hoping not to have to connect it and the xbox thing to use my CV1 when it comes.

Where's the vid?? I saw the one on your site...really cool!

Ang congrats to Revelation!

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

Got my rift today. VR virgin here, and I'm already convinced it is the future for sure. Never had the feeling, in a traditional monitor, of really been a couple of feet off the ground like I feel with the rift .

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2