Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Got my Rift today!! Installation and setup went smoothly. Watched some of the videos on Dreamdeck and such....interesting. Fired up DCS and WOW!!!!! I did not fly, my Warthog was moved out of the way to get the Rift setup, and I am sure I will have to turn some settings down as I have everything set pretty high but just sitting in the cockpit of the A-10 and Ka50 was AMAZING!!! It was like I had climbed into the cockpit of a real A-10! I appreciate the cockpit in a whole new way. I also love that you can look around without twisting your head one way and your eyes the other, it is SO much better than Track IR!! I can't wait to actually fly!

I did notice what people are saying about the gauges and such being a bit hard to read. I can read them if I lean in. I haven't tried changing the pixel density yet through the debug tool, I want to get a baseline idea of frame rates before I tweak that.

Although DCS fired right up, I could not try my Steam apps. Steam VR does not seem to want to recognize that the headset is attached, and so far I haven't figured that out. Any tips?

MD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

I bought it off BestBuy.com, got it two days later. I am cancelling my order with Oculus. There is a post by Platypus in this thread that tells you how to get it off best buy quickly.

Out of interest how many days passed between your "Shipping Soon" email and it arrival?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Question on changing the pixel density with the debug tool. Does the debug tool have to be left open? And does the change persist, or do you have to do it every time you launch Home?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Question on changing the pixel density with the debug tool. Does the debug tool have to be left open? And does the change persist, or do you have to do it every time you launch Home?

Launch oculus home

Accepf Health warning

launch Debug tool,

type Pixel override, press enter

launch DCS.

the debug tool isnt persistant afaik.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hmm, the debug tool does not seem to be making a difference for me. Turning up MSAA does help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

I think you me and our dogs received that email!

From the sounds of it a large stock arrived in Europe and now we just have to wait for our turn to come up :thumbup:

It was a very nice email to wake up to though wasn't it :smilewink:

You should have had an email today that it is processing for shipping which means real soon. I'm the same as you, email last saturday then an email today.... SOON!

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

You should have had an email today that it is processing for shipping which means real soon. I'm the same as you, email last saturday then an email today.... SOON!

Awesome!

Slight difference potentially between the UK and New Zealand numbers however :smilewink: hope you are right my new Pc arrives today so it would be nice to get the Rift soon :pilotfly:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Congratulations to those who are receiving their new Rifts! Matt Wagner's latest F5 video starts with some comprehensive remarks about planned VR enhancements which will surely have anyone using the technology feeling enthusiastic about ED's posture towards VR development.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

After waiting for a week after first notice of "shipping soon" I got a notice of purchase, notice of Shipping, yesterday and tracking last night says arrival will be Tuesday:)

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Received this Mail at last Saturday.

Hello!

If you are receiving this email, your Oculus Rift order will be processing for shipment soon. ...

4 Days later, nothing! :mad:

Im going crazy!

I downloaded and signed up to UPS choices. Once you register and put in your address. On the app you can go too ACESSS MY UPS CHOICES on the app it will tell you if your rift is shipping. I knew when my rift was due before oculus told me of tracking details. You don't need tracking number just your address. Give it a go.

App Notifications are Pretty much real-time, as soon as tracking label is made w/ your address, UPS tags your account and Mobile App Noti is sent.

I verified this by calling friends/family after I receive a notification to ask what they are shipping, and they wanted to know how I knew they were in the UPS Store/Depot. lol

Emails on the Other hand are not, lol

I've ordered stuff from ebay, and pre-ordered stuff on new egg before and I had the item in hand before the "your item has shipped" / tracking number email even hit my inbox.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I ordered a Rift off bestbuy as well at 3am in the morning... just happend to wake up and check. I have a Vive as well, so should be able to give some good insights to both sides. I've had a rift since early Dk1 days, curious to see Cv1.

I bought it off BestBuy.com, got it two days later. I am cancelling my order with Oculus. There is a post by Platypus in this thread that tells you how to get it off best buy quickly.

Hmm, the debug tool does not seem to be making a difference for me. Turning up MSAA does help.

I got this sorted. Since I had not installed Oculus in the default location, (put it on my D: drive) I had to go under File on the debug tool and specify the location of the executable. NOW it makes a big difference!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

OK, when I am in my A-10 cockpit, and using the in cockpit cursor to select things, if the cursor moves enough to move it off the little screen on the monitor, it disappears or at least stops being able to make selections. Any cure for this? I can't get the batterys turned on!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

OK, when I am in my A-10 cockpit, and using the in cockpit cursor to select things, if the cursor moves enough to move it off the little screen on the monitor, it disappears or at least stops being able to make selections. Any cure for this? I can't get the batterys turned on!!

I -think- this is the issue Wag's mentioned they have addressed already. It's fixed, just not out via update yet. I -think- what your describing is the mouse "leaving" the active DCS window. What Wags mentioned was there will be an option to "trap" your mouse to DCS.

That said your issue doesn't sound exactly like that problem... When the cursor comes back on screen it's not functional at all anymore, or just down there on the battery switches?

I have a monitor between me at the Rift sensor. 99% of the time it's not an issue, but if I dip my head low enough I do lose contact... Just thinking about where you would be looking down low at the Battery Toggle.... throwing that out as another possible reason for the error...

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

I thought I had read or seen something about this issue, but I couldn't find it in this thread. Thanks for the info! I can live with things until more of the bugs get worked out. It is certainly amazing....so realistic I have found myself trying to rest my arm on the cockpit rail or reach down to switches and wondered why my hand wasn't finding anything!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

ALT+ENter to fullscreen the DCS Window to Keep the cursor from clicking other items.