Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

snapviews help alot with guages and mfds.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yes. Very much needed. To bad the Rift doesn't have an on/off switch. Maybe two seperate. Exe launchers for DCS vs the GUI check box? Don't know, but something that doesn't force a restart to turn on/off VR would be great.

I just added all the view keys to my VoiceAttack profile last night. Works great, and no wasted HOTAS keys that way.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Is there a switch you can use to start it with VR off? If so you could just create an extra shortcut with the no VR switch at the end.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hard to believe you guys don't see a difference. For me the gauges are night and day clearer with PD 1.5 and above. I don't see much past 1.5 myself but the difference from 0 to 1.5 for me is staggering.

Are they clear

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are they clear

Clear is a strong word... Able to be read without straining? For me yes. 1.6 is what I found works for me. With that the HUD is clear and crisp as are most dials and the ones I could not read before are able to be read without having to focus on them for a long period of time.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Clear is a strong word... Able to be read without straining? For me yes. 1.6 is what I found works for me. With that the HUD is clear and crisp as are most dials and the ones I could not read before are able to be read without having to focus on them for a long period of time.

I wonder what I'm doing wrong then cause mine are still blurry HUD is clear apart from that I have strain hard

I wonder what I'm doing wrong then cause mine are still blurry HUD is clear apart from that I have strain hard

Did you install the Oculus software in the default directory?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

For anyone who has The Gazelle,Can you read the small switches toward the bottom of the panel using Pixel Density?

Thank You

Phantom88

yes I can read the small switches but have to lean in I have debug setting set to 2

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Nice timing... now show something from that seat you've been working on. :smilewink:

Mate, it arrived this morning. Running on my old rig with a GTX 1070 and sitting in the ejection seat is just unbelievable. Already messaged a couple of other pilots to get over here and test it out. Flying the Mirage2000 is just great.

And I haven't altered any pixel density settings yet either.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Hard to believe you guys don't see a difference. For me the gauges are night and day clearer with PD 1.5 and above. I don't see much past 1.5 myself but the difference from 0 to 1.5 for me is staggering.

I hope you mean 1.0 and not 0

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Mate, it arrived this morning. Running on my old rig with a GTX 1070 and sitting in the ejection seat is just unbelievable. Already messaged a couple of other pilots to get over here and test it out. Flying the Mirage2000 is just great.

And I haven't altered any pixel density settings yet either.

Nice. I got email this morning that my OR is now shipped... this weeked I'm putting in new PC parts (mobo/cpu/ram and that beastly M.2 Samsung 950 SSD) :pilotfly:

No longer active in DCS...

Nice. I got email this morning that my OR is now shipped... this weeked I'm putting in new PC parts (mobo/cpu/ram and that beastly M.2 Samsung 950 SSD) :pilotfly:

That is an awesome drive, got that same M.2 Drive as well, installed into this:

IMG_1383_zpsemvymxvr.jpg

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

I see we got same speaker set and rudder pedals :) I wonder what's on the platform :)

By the way I just got my wife to take photo of me while holding a ruler under my nose, looks like my IPD is 69.8mm (just on the limit of 70 for OR) :music_whistling:

No longer active in DCS...

So my order says shipped however the UPS number still isn't working!

Anybody have this issue?

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

It did this on mine. I had to wait until the item was collected by ups for it to register.

Ah okay, that was my concern!

Oh well doubt I will get it by tomorrow then :cry: next week it is :pilotfly:

Thanks for confirming dude

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Ah okay, that was my concern!

Oh well doubt I will get it by tomorrow then :cry: next week it is :pilotfly:

Thanks for confirming dude

Give ups a call they will be able to tell you over the phone if they have it yet;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

So my order says shipped however the UPS number still isn't working!

Anybody have this issue?

Mine was the same and it took approx 5 days from the notification it was shipped. Well worth the wait Krupi,

I see we got same speaker set and rudder pedals :) I wonder what's on the platform :)

By the way I just got my wife to take photo of me while holding a ruler under my nose, looks like my IPD is 69.8mm (just on the limit of 70 for OR) :music_whistling:

A little more work yet before I show you the new one, getting there. There is going to be two side by side though :)

I am loving Eve Valkerie, it feels like Battlestar Galactica when taking off.... and Katie Sackoff is the voice :)

Well the tracking website updated to "Ready for UPS" and the delivery date is 'unknown' however I also got an email from UPS MyChoice stating that I have a parcel delivery expected tomorrow.. :bounce: do I dare believe it to be in my hands tomorrow! :fear:

Edited by Krupi

Project IX Cockpit