Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Kinda like Leap Motion on a Rift without wires. The tracking looked jittery and res was low. I wouldn't think we will see it in anything with the graphics fidelity we are used to for quite some time as we are struggling right now. Glad to see so much effort though. It bodes well for the future when hardware and software are geared for this.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

Kinda like Leap Motion on a Rift without wires. The tracking looked jittery and res was low. I wouldn't think we will see it in anything with the graphics fidelity we are used to for quite some time as we are struggling right now. Glad to see so much effort though. It bodes well for the future when hardware and software are geared for this.

They say everything is on the headset! I'd expect some "bugs"... but the promise is... great!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

So I had my 78 year old father who is prone to motion sickness in the rift for the first time ever last night. He flew around for well over 20 minutes doing rolls flips and generally all sorts of out of control stuff with the airplane :-) He never got motion sick once. So I think everyone that complains about the rift getting them motion sick are just a bunch of wussies. *JOKE* ;) ;) :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Weird Question to ask I know,

But does anyone have a Backup of Oculus Runtime 1.6?

It'd be in /Program Files/Oculus/Swap/

I think/OculusRuntime-16/

or /Program Files/Oculus/Support/Oculus-Runtime/

(Dated Before 8/10/2016)

1.7 is causing a rash of issues and There's no "RollBack" Function other than to disable services and copy/paste old ones and block from updating automatically.,

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Anyone else having a heap of 'Sensor disconnected' problems? . .. . .

I have this problem :(

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/41673/every-few-seconds-we-cant-find-your-sensor-please-connect-your-sensor

I get them all the time.

Welcome to Runtime 1.7

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hello Oculus Rift owner ,

i have a few question to ask you guys and i hope your answers will help me in my decision. You see the issue is that my birthday had come and as a BDay gift my wife offered me to choose between a Samsung 34" curved screen for my gaming or the Oculus Rift.

Im actually tore apart between the two ( I know i would love to have both world but ..its only one thing ) I previously had DK2 and it was a horrible experience not to mention that i couldn't get DCS to work with DK2 . Now that ive seen alot of you playing DCS with CV1 my questions are :

1- Im mainly a F15 pilot , Can you read the radar screen and operate it with CV1 , By saying can you read it i mean are you able for example to read the bandits Altitude and the other numbers on the radar even if you lean forward ?

2- With DK2 i had to have a monitor that can handle more than 60Hz is that the same case with CV1 , Do you have to have a monitor that runs above 60Hz refresh rate.

3- The CV1 requirements on their website indicate that it needs 3 USB 3.0 , My pc has only 2 USB 3.0 if i get a USB hub with 3 output can i connect the Oculus to the Hub. Also im not planning to use the built in headset that comes with the Rift or the other hand grip thing . would it then need less USB output ?

Thank you every one in advance.

From my experience with the Rift CV1, you can read all the necessary data presented in all the aircraft, so there isn't an issue with visuals. The resolution could of course always be better.

Monitor refresh rates are not relevant at all. I have 60 Hz screens, and they have no influence on Rift frame rates.

You can use a powered USB hub to connect the rift, or of course you could simply add an expansion card to add more USB 3.0 sockets - depending on what facilities are available to you on your motherboard.

Using a separate headset wouldn't change the USB port requirements, as the feed for that is not separated.

The single biggest hurdle for you will be processing power. None of the things you have asked are insurmountable.

I'd recommend you take a look at the Rift running DCS World yourself before making a decision about whether to invest in one, but from my stand point, they're a game changer. The immersion is amazing.

The Rift depends on high frame rates to eliminate problems like nausea, and of course to get the best resolution you need to run a pixel density of 1.5 if possible to give a clear image.

So, you'll need a good graphics card (I have a GTX 980Ti) and a good CPU (mine is a i7 6700K running at 4.0 GHz). You can get away with less, but check out the Rift website to run the compatibility check for more information.

That is the real issue. If you don't have a PC that is capable of driving good frame rates using the Rift, then you won't be able to effectively run DCS World.

Correct me if I am wrong, your CPU is ok, and 970GTX is entry level for Oculus.

SLI will not give you any benefits in vr, it has something to do with how rendering in vr works. You should definitely experience the Oculus, it is UNREAL!

i7 6700k, Nvidia 1080 Founder's Edition, Oculus Rift CV1

My 780 is working perfectly well :thumbup: hopefully it will last for a few more years and I can upgrade it when Oculus Rift 2/Vive 2 with 4K screens arrive :D

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I bought Oculus last Saturday, knowing that my system fell just below the minimum required specs. I had decided that if it didn't run I would upgrade the card.. Well, I run DCS World 2.0 with no problems. Smooth as silk. My specs at the moment are

Processor Intel Core™ i5-4690K

ASUS Z97-K -- 2x PCIe x16, 4x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0

Memory 8 GB [4 GB x2] DDR3-2133 G.SKILL RipjawsX.

Video Card AMD Radeon R9 285 2GB - Single Card

Power Supply 850 Watt

Processor Cooling Asetek 510LC Liquid CPU Cooling System [sOCKET-1150] - Standard 120mm Fan

I was surprised it even ran at all...

From my experience with the Rift CV1, you can read all the necessary data presented in all the aircraft, so there isn't an issue with visuals. The resolution could of course always be better.

Monitor refresh rates are not relevant at all. I have 60 Hz screens, and they have no influence on Rift frame rates.

You can use a powered USB hub to connect the rift, or of course you could simply add an expansion card to add more USB 3.0 sockets - depending on what facilities are available to you on your motherboard.

Using a separate headset wouldn't change the USB port requirements, as the feed for that is not separated.

The single biggest hurdle for you will be processing power. None of the things you have asked are insurmountable.

I'd recommend you take a look at the Rift running DCS World yourself before making a decision about whether to invest in one, but from my stand point, they're a game changer. The immersion is amazing.

Personally I would never go back to using a monitor the sense of immersion and scale is off this world. When I first put on the rift I nearly cried it's just mind numbing. Your in the cockpit and sense is your there and it's another world everywhere you look your there. Perfect tracking. You could get the rift if it's not for you return it and get your monitor.

anyone know how i completely un-attach the in cockpit pointer ?

it seems tofollow a little even when i move it right to the side

why do dcs devs insist on doing this!

+1. I want to use mouse only to move the pointer.

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

its almost like some sort of torture

total mouse control please no crosses or pointers following head view, really really daft idea

While I understand where your coming from, it's not a daft idea. I've bound left and right mouse buttons to my HOTAS so I can activate buttons without taking my hands off to use the mouse. I still have the option to use the mouse to click on hard to reach buttons when required.

its almost like some sort of torture

total mouse control please no crosses or pointers following head view, really really daft idea

I Disagree,For me it's much more unintuitive and annoying to remove my hands from my HOTAS and search blindly for the mouse.

Patrick

mini.gif

I Disagree,For me it's much more unintuitive and annoying to remove my hands from my HOTAS and search blindly for the mouse.

I have my mouse right beside my throttle so really not hard to find. It is almost an extension of the throttle.

a chacun son gout

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

Video Card AMD Radeon R9 285 2GB - Single Card

Power Supply 850 Watt

I was surprised it even ran at all...

Me too, I had to upgrade to a 4 GB video card to run DCS 2.0 even in 2D.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind