Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Anyone else having issues with 6dof not working after recent oculus update? Every aircraft affected, rift works, can turn head but not move around.

That is most likely a USB issue with your tracking camera and not related to dcs.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Anyone else having issues with 6dof not working after recent oculus update? Every aircraft affected, rift works, can turn head but not move around.

Check and make sure the camera is working,

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thank you Frusheen and Skatez, a bit of playing around to get it to work. Uninstalled sensor, drivers and oculus. Reinstalled and still no go. Unplugged USB and into a different port and presto, working again. Strange behavior after 1.8 update.

Appreciate your guidance.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

1.7 and 1.8 the Sensors and USB 3 Controllers got even more "Sensitive", Even more controllers were black listed in the config file, some that worked previously.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi, i started playing DCS with VR for the first time yesterday and everything worked fine but today when i play i get blackscreens and the game freezes.

Different from yesterday is that my xbox one wireless controller complained via oculus home app that it was running out of batteries, so i tried turning the controller off and restart the game again.

But still, now that the xbox one wireless controller is shut down i still get random black screen / freeze in the middle of the game after like 5-15 minutes on the runway trying to lift off.

What should i do? am i required to have a functioning xbox one wireless controller to not get these freezes/black screens? i did not need to launch oculus home app with admin settings yesterday.

The only thing different is afterall that the controller went out of power and some keybindings, but i do not have enough usb slots to play and charge at the same time without pulling something else out:(

The oculus home app seems still to work, but the oculus HMD is black but when i look at my computer screen i can see that the game is frozen (not black tho).

Anyone experienced something similar?

I am excited to play DCS again but i was newbie then (1-2 weeks play time) and i am newbie now (2-4h+ play time) and it feels awesome to play with mfg crosswind + wheelstand pro + x55 rhino throttle and stick + oculus rift cv1, i was actually amazed, it is truly amazing to fly :) I am open for gaming chair /gaming cockpit recommendations though. I have a random chair but i need a better one for flight sims / regular computer use (my current one moves around when i use flight pedals a bit and that is a big no-no)

Edit: So i managed to plug something else out so i could charge my xbox one wireless controller and it worked without problems for a few hours! but when i landed and the ship started burning (of course) i went out to the menu and back to "fly again" i pressed that and oculus screen went black. Then to troubleshoot i closed down DCS world and check oculus app and i see a notification that it has trouble finding headset. i closed oculus app too and tried starting it again, worked on desktop but when i check my rift display i see nothing but black, i think i could hear the store but not see anything, so i rebooted computer and it made an awkward sound (rift headphones) on bootup i think, it was a bit scary because it got me thinking that it may be broken? But now when computer finally booted up i started the oculus app again and it works again.

I dunno what it is but for some reason the oculus rift can fail to find the device sometimes, either the HMD or the sensor is having troubles with something i think, the trouble may not even be in DCS World, i have not had this problem with other games though it was a long time i go i tried playing VR with other games (finally getting back to VR now that my mfg crosswind flight pedal + wheelstand pro arrived and i finished setting it up). It may be a load problem, either too much data or too much power requirement? so when reloading the game it goes black, or when the oculus store complains or notifies me about something the computer cannot handle all the stress? It is weird because i never had this problem before, i should not suddenly need a better computer for oculus VR.

I got a standard VR computer i think:

I7 quad core cpu.

Nvidia GTX 980.

16gb ram.

Windows 8.1 x64 bit directX 11.

motherboard to match (prebuilt computer).

SSD hard drives and an extra hdd for passive storage.

Edited by Openhand

Question to guys, I am potential VR buyer for DCS and yesterday i have tried VR OR in standard demo. The first impression WoW and visible side door effect :). So question is the side door effect absolutely the same in DDS, does pixel density make a deference in DCS vs demos? My concerns that in demo with dinosaur, it seems like, i see clearly for 15 meters ahead after that picture are blurry or not precise and have concerns that in DCS i will not see anything on the ground from cockpit. Thanks for answers!

Edited by Lt.Stich

Question to guys, I am potential VR buyer for DCS and yesterday i have tried VR OR in standard demo. The first impression WoW and visible side door effect :). So question is the side door effect absolutely the same in DDS, does pixel density make a deference in DCS vs demos? My concerns that in demo with dinosaur, it seems like, i see clearly for 15 meters ahead after that picture are blurry or not precise and have concerns that in DCS i will not see anything on the ground from cockpit. Thanks for answers!

Pixel density makes a huge difference.

The current cv1 oculus rift works fine (if you do not get black screens and freezes like i do sometimes for some reason) but it is minimal, it is acceptable to play with, if you can find somebody to sell a rift for you for like half price i will say it is worth it unless you can actually wait for the next version that hopefully has more pixels and bigger lens and slightly lighter frame.

If you buy a new one now for full price, you may regret it when the next version comes out, i dunno when though, if there is a 1 year wait i would recommend oculus cv1 now, but if only like 3-8 months, it is debatable, it is pretty glorious to fly with vr tho and i cannot imagine flying a flight sim without it, seriously, there is nothing that compares.

Your not going to see a major increase in visual for a couple of years or more (likely more0. We don't have the graphics and computers to run higher res. Things like VR SLI might help but would need to be coded in.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

guy but do you see Oculus Rift cv1 in DCS with pixel density 2.0 better in terms of door effect and clearness of the picture then in demo with dinosaur? My first feeling i will not able to see anything in DCS on the ground from 200 meters.

If you're in doubt then don't buy it. There will always be some screen door given the state of the current technology. Even at 2.0 you will not have a crystal clear image. For any of us using VR though it is not just about the visuals. It is the fov, 3D and immersion that make it better than a monitor. If what you want is similar visual fidelity to your monitor then wait another 10years for the technology to be available.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

guy but do you see Oculus Rift cv1 in DCS with pixel density 2.0 better in terms of door effect and clearness of the picture then in demo with dinosaur? My first feeling i will not able to see anything in DCS on the ground from 200 meters.

What he said after you, it is about immersion and field of view a monitor is shit compared to Vr in terms of how much the screen covers your vision and how immersed you will be, there is no replacement for VR, you sacrifice some visual fidelity for a whole bunch other better stuff.

The biggest sacrifice is actually that you have to have a HMD on you, that fact is its biggest drawback i think, having a monitor is easy, you just sit down and play but with VR you have to strap this device on your face and it can get hot and somewhat uncomfortable after a few hours give or take.

Absolutely worth it for flight sims tho :)

You can see the ground. And SDE becomes a moot point due to the immersion factor that's so overpowering. If you want to look for it, I guess it's still there. DCS is a *DREAM* to fly with Rift.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hi guys, quick question or poll about how you guys manage your setting for the RIFT. Do you guys make any modifications in the NVIDIA control panel for 3D settings? Or do you use the default settings and strictly manage through the DCS settings? Thanks Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

So I have been playing a lot of P3DV3 lately with the VR addon program FlyInside. FlyInside integrates virtual desktop. The ability to click a button and jump to the desktop and import windows into the sim is pretty awesome. Know it would be a back burner project, but man I'd ED can figure that one out... put them over the top.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

So I have been playing a lot of P3DV3 lately with the VR addon program FlyInside. FlyInside integrates virtual desktop. The ability to click a button and jump to the desktop and import windows into the sim is pretty awesome. Know it would be a back burner project, but man I'd ED can figure that one out... put them over the top.

Curious which 3rd party applications do you run with dcs that you'd want to import into VR?

Haven't been following much lately, has the low GPU utilization issue been acknowledged and being worked on in VR yet? I just updated to the latest builds and am seeing 50-80% GPU utilization with 45fps.

Am getting dips into the 30's randomly and seeing 60% GPU utilization when that happens. At various other times am getting 70-90fps and am seeing 99% GPU utilization when that happens so when the sim does use all of the GPU the fps are excellent but there's no rhyme or reason as to when it will use it.

There's plenty of GPU power to spare in my 980ti but the sim just isn't using it. What's the deal with this?

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

9 line brief A10c and oculus CV1

Has anyone got a solution to accepting 9 line briefs and entering details when using the rift. I do not think the data entry is an issue but for me having to remember the brief coordinates etc when they disappear is an issue. Thanks.( cannot use brief card when in rift)

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I peek below my rift onto my kneeboard while writing/reading. Occasionslly I lift the rift for some seconds with my left hand just for taking notes. You only need to be auto-pilot settled, that is the only drawback.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

I suspect with 2.5 just around the corner, this may not be getting fixed. It works fine in 2.0 already.

Very true. I seems to be a problem with the old T3 map format. And it would not make much sense to invest a lot of resources to fix it since T3 becomes obsolete with 2.5. If ED fixed it now, 2.5 would have to be postponed by a fair amount of time (for no good reason IMHO). So I guess we have to live with it.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss