Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Is there a way to disable that blue crosshairs when not needed?

There was once a time where it only appeared after a click and then disappeared again...

Imho the better way instead of having it floating in front of you all the time.

I asked a similar question and assumed that the lack of response means no one knows how. So I will be looking at reporting this ass a bug once I see how.

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

There was once a time where it only appeared after a click and then disappeared again...

Can't see anywhere to post suspected bugs in the VR forum, does the ED team pick them up through these threads?

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

Can't see anywhere to post suspected bugs in the VR forum, does the ED team pick them up through these threads?

Both the DCS 1.5 and 2.0 forums have sub-threads titled " VR Issues"...

Probably best to post in one of those.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Check "use mouse" in VR option is enabled. That is the only way to make it disappear.

"LCTRL-C" (clickable mouse on/off) makes it disappear, whether or not the "use mouse" option in VR is enabled or not.

You mean LALT+C. But that is like toggle mouse on or off it doesn't make it automatically disappear when not in use.

• 3 weeks later...

As soon as I start 2.0, the Steam VR client opens an error message saying is unable to recognize any VR device and DCS World starts in normal mode (not VR) in my monitor.

Just make sure you are launching DCS 2.0 Open Alpha directly and not via Steam. SteamVR shouldnt even care about DCS. Make sure you disable any steam Services in the DCS 2.0 (Steam Overlay etc).

I'm having the same issue with 1.5, sometimes I have to reboot PC couple of times before DCS will run in VR mode.

How do you disable steam services in DCS?

I'm having the same issue with 1.5, sometimes I have to reboot PC couple of times before DCS will run in VR mode.

How do you disable steam services in DCS?

change the DCS shortcut to run dcs.exe directly from /steam/steamapps/common/dcs world/bin/dcs.exe

instead of "steamapp -xxxxxx"

Then Run DCS w/o Steam Running.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'll check the shortcut tonight but I have standalone DCS, surly dcs.exe shouldn't be in steam folder?

I have steam installed but it is never running while I'm playing DCS, it's puzzling why standalone DCS is trying to run SteamVR.

I solved my issue with standalone DCS world 2.0 ( which was the only one messing with SteamVR) by changing the compatibility setup in the properties menú (the one you get when leftclicking DCSWorld's desktop icon).

I had it in compatibility mode for windows 8, left it unchecked and now i can play DCSWorld 2.0 in VR without problems.

I have also noticed my issues with VCredistr libraries has gone out since then

Enviado desde mi Aquaris E5 HD mediante Tapatalk

My system: i7 9700K @ 3,6 GHz, 32 Gb RAM 2400 MHz, Gigabyte GTX 1080, 240 Gb SSD, Windows 10 64 bits, HOTAS Cougar, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek Combat rudder pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIr 5.0, Wheel Stand Pro v2, Gametrix JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift S

Then there's a setting in steam forcing it to launch steam and steamvr

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

here are my current system specs:

MB: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.O

CPU: AMD AM3+ FX-8350 B.2 Ghz

MEM: 16GB DDR3 1866

GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 (8 GB GDDR5)

HD: SSD

OCULUS RIFT CV1, HOTAS WARTHOG, MFG CROSSWIND

I currently have my DCS settings set to the VR defaults, I have the pixel density set to 1.5

so far I have only been testing in 1.5

fly the F-15C, Instant Action, Free Flight, head due north away from all detail, I go from 45 fps to 90 fps when I reach the area of no detail. In the area of detail it can vary from 25 - 60 ish fps.

fly the A-10C, Instant Action, any, in the detailed area it can vary from 15 - 30 fps, if I head over water, areas of lesser detail I can get 30+ fps.

fly the F-86F, Instant Action, Free Flight, in the detailed area is similar to A-10C.

still trying to figure out this engine, sometimes when I increase a particular detail setting the fps improves. I need to start on all low and PD = 1.5, increase ea individually and note the performance impact. This could take a while.

I may consider an upgrade to the EVGA GTX-1080 Ti SC2, even though my GTX-1080 SC is only a few months old. my goal is a solid 60 fps!

here are my current system specs:

I may consider an upgrade to the EVGA GTX-1080 Ti SC2, even though my GTX-1080 SC is only a few months old. my goal is a solid 60 fps!

You would get way more fps from an I7 6700k overclocked to say 4.6 than moving up to a 1080ti. Way more. DCS is very much liking the high clock and ddr4.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

my goal is a solid 60 fps!

You need solid 90fps. Anything below is not acceptable. ASW will smooth out the game but it brings artifacts.

Edited by Marklar

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

Yeah, keep your 1080 and upgrade your CPU. The 1080 is definitly not the bottleneck of your system. You can stick to the 6600k / 7600k, since hyperthreading isnt that beneficial for games.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

I have no working knowledge of AMD hardware but DCS likes fast processor and the rift seems to like lots of Vram and a good GPU. I have just stolen my son's i5 as it is newer than my i7 920 and replaced my GTX970 with a 1080.

My point is once you get VR you will likely want to do some upgrading to get the best out of it even if it runs ok on your machine. VR is so addictive and immersive that you want to squeeze the best performance possible;)

There is also an oculus app to check on system compatability

https://support.oculus.com/1633938460220125/

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've read about those who are disappointed after they get the Oculus Rift because of poor performance. I feel for many that a high end computer upgrade needs to come before purchasing Oculus Rift in order to be able to fully enjoy the VR experience and fairly evaluate it. For those not ready to make that sort of commitment...buyer beware.

I've read about those who are disappointed after they get the Oculus Rift because of poor performance. I feel for many that a high end computer upgrade needs to come before purchasing Oculus Rift in order to be able to fully enjoy the VR experience and fairly evaluate it. For those not ready to make that sort of commitment...buyer beware.

To be fair, DCS is not a VR title. It is a several year old game engine with VR plugged in. It is still demanding on good systems, even without VR because of it's age.. This is not a good test of a system meeting VR specs running on a native VR game. Elite Dangerous, Assetto Corsa, IRacing, Project Cars and others that plug in VR all have shortcomings in performance to varying degrees, because I this. When native to VR (Robo Recall is a great example), a well coded title can run and look great on rigs that meet specs.

The ideal would be a total "written for VR" version of DCS. Don't see that happening any time soon.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

It could be worse. A lot worse! Just fired up X-Plane11 with FlyinsideXP after receiving my new graphics card and I still can't achieve a stable 45fps for ASW to work. I'm done with X-Plane until they release their version of native support. In fairness to ED they have done a great job on the implementation of VR given that DCS is primarily a monitor title. You're right though to get the best experience you do need a good system.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I would say no. Using a Ryzen 7 1800X and an RX 480 video card, I don't enjoy DCS VR at all. Low, unstable frame rates even with the lowest graphic settings. I've given up until I get a better graphics card.

That's been my experience, let's see what others say.