Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Hi,

I am using a RTX 2080 coming from a Gforce GTX 1070. I had massive judder studder screentearing, especially online. Never reaching 90FPS (without ASW). With ASW I got ghosting when objects move fast.

Upgraded my GPU cause I thought the 1070 ist pretty often running at 100% load. BUT it did not help a bit. Online and offline -> nearly same troubles.

Overclocked my CPU and setted my RAM to the correct speed @ Bios.

Offline it gets a lot better (running without ASW)

Online -> same bad FPS drops, screen tearing,....

-- SOLUTION --

In the last instance I tried different NIC-drivers for my Intel NIC (original ones from the intelsite, not the one from the mainboardvendor).

Switched off IPv6 and QoS in the NIC-settings.

(unsure at the moment if it was the nicdriver, or the settings -> but it is running for me!)

Now running at 90FPS online

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 4Ghz, 32GB RAM, SSD, Gforce RTX 2080 8GB.

Edited by mcdaniels

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X@ 4Ghz, 32GB RAM, SSD, Gforce RTX 2080 8GB.

Hi guys. I have a CV1 with an 1080ti. The colors in DCS are washed, I want to rise a little the saturation but I don’t know how to do this.

Is there any guide or can you tell me how to change the color settings?

Thank you.

Killing time in the bathroom, honey bring me some matches...fewwwwww.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Does anyone here use the rift with an RTX 2070?

Intrigued to see how it holds up!

I'm using a 980m... A 2070 should be fine.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi guys. Is there any mods to improve the black level during night in the current OB?

I used a mura effect fix but it seems that is not working right now.

Any suggestions?

Killing time in the bathroom, honey bring me some matches...fewwwwww.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

There is, I think Alerax did it. Look for RGB Mod. Don't know if it still works.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

• ED Team

Hey everyone,

Earlier we mentioned that we have been working on DCS VR optimization. I have good news today! After much investigation and work, we traced the issue back to the terrain engine. We have since adjusted the terrain engine, and this has resulted in a 50% increase in VR performance! We will continue to test and optimize this further, but we hope to have this great improvement to you soon.

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Earlier we mentioned that we have been working on DCS VR optimization. I have good news today! After much investigation and work, we traced the issue back to the terrain engine. We have since adjusted the terrain engine, and this has resulted in a 50% increase in VR performance! We will continue to test and optimize this further, but we hope to have this great improvement to you soon.

Thanks

This is most welcome news.

Great job guys:)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Hey everyone,

Thanks

:thumbup::thumbup:

Holy shizballs!

That is awesome, thank you so much for the update!

Can't wait to see this implemented!!!

Looking forward to finally getting some good Campaign flying with the Spit over Normandy in VR!

Thank you!

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

50%, bloody hell, that's awesome.

Thumbs up to whichever team member found that one.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

With new VR headsets coming out soon, the next few months onward is going to be fun!!

No reason not to go with high res/high FOV at this point! :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Wait are you telling us that this is already coming?in the next open beta releases?

Thanks Wags

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Wait are you telling us that this is already coming?in the next open beta releases?

Thanks Wags

That would certainly be nice, in any event I hope when it is implemented and included in an update they state so clearly so we know if an update has it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

my biggest issues with FPS rates in VR with DCS world came when we lost the option to turn off deferred shading up till that point I was get pretty good frames with riff in VR ranging from upper 30 to upper 40's and that was with a little bit older systems. once we loss the option to turn deferred shading off or on my frames have been stuck in the upper teens to low 20's. any chance we could have to option back as to if we want deferred shading on or off seem more of a frame rate killer than anything else

Thanks for effectively upgrading my 1080Ti to a 3080(Ti) :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

It would be soo nice if this was included in the next Open Beta update!

<hint hint >

Don B

Not sure how the optimization of the terrain engine in meant. Will we see the improvements for one map at a time or is this more a core optimization which applies to all maps?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hey everyone,

Thanks

Right now angels are singing 'Hallelujah!'

Great news Wags, just in time for the Index, the S and the Reverb, What a time to get to experience DCS in VR!