Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

latest Oculus update Version Number 1.37.0.240899 (1.37.0.240899) makes Performance worse. I´ve updated today, on my last Mission yesterday evening everythings was fine. Now the Frames are jumping from 15 to 45 and the View is jumping...

can anyone confirm this?

Update your graphics drivers.

Greetings All,

My problem is that I have a neck injury, so my head movement is limited and painful, therefore checking six is nearly impossible for me without taking my hands off the controls and moving my whole body out of position....

Welcome to the club! Was even that way for me with TrackIR - which is why I concentrate on pounding!

You can hear my neck cracking above any sounds from the sim in VR. I reckon it needs a good oiling... :)

For airborne awareness I use the mirrors. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Yesterday wags posted an update.

It will be in the 2.5.5 version but only for caucasus and pg map.

Nevada later on

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Wrong area

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Edited by WindyTX

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Still no news on the 50% performance for VR?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3918703&postcount=19

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well i hope the update comes today! OMG great to see that ED no longer hold it back until all maps are done! :D euhm.. question.. No fps boost on normandy to expect?

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Well i hope the update comes today! OMG great to see that ED no longer hold it back until all maps are done! :D euhm.. question.. No fps boost on normandy to expect?
Wags said 2 days ago: "2.5.5 will not be this week, but not too much longer now."

So I doubt it's for today.

Intel Core i7 6700K@4.7GHz, Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark1, 16Gb Kingston DDR4 2800MHz, Asus Geforce GTX1080, SSD Sandisk Extreme Pro 250Gb, Seagate 2Tb, TM Hotas Warthog, Ch Pro Pedals, TrackIr 4, Oculus Rift CV1 & Rift S

I have been trying to download APP and Install for quit sometime now and it will not run now matter what I do. I get the message:

DirectX Redistributable

Error Creating Process

C/users/Rex G Lawrence/AppData/Local/Temp/iXP000.tmp/Dxsetup.exe

Silent - Reason-------

Can anyone please help me? I've got the New Equipment now Oculus S and can't use it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

It's a 3rd party map, so they would have to do it. :(

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Normandy will get some attention after Syria map is completed hopefully it will see some VR improvement s then.

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//

Normandy will get some attention after Syria map is completed hopefully it will see some VR improvement s then.

Would be fine, even it’s third party. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I have been trying to download APP and Install for quit sometime now and it will not run now matter what I do. I get the message:

DirectX Redistributable

Error Creating Process

C/users/Rex G Lawrence/AppData/Local/Temp/iXP000.tmp/Dxsetup.exe

Silent - Reason-------

Can anyone please help me? I've got the New Equipment now Oculus S and can't use it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

I think the computer want to tell you DirectX has not been installed (correctly).

Try to install DirectX by downloading the MS DirectX installer (probably here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35&irgwc=1&OCID=AID681541_aff_7793_1246483&tduid=(ir__xmamthwxy0kfrzjokk0sohz30n2xm9623nwfxa0l00)(7793)(1246483)(%28669d0ab9ba84f117c0b3b3a75b077246%29%28190944%29%281835138%29%2868756X1554900Xd4884cf6f8fb53b85ab65ee16607071f%29%28%29)(669d0ab9ba84f117c0b3b3a75b077246)&irclickid=_xmamthwxy0kfrzjokk0sohz30n2xm9623nwfxa0l00)

So after reading the reviews here, thought I would bite the bullet and grab the Rift S, only to find it’s blooming out of stock everywhere. Dooohhh.

Although for a VR point of view, that is great as it does mean it’s selling well.

Hopefully will be back in stock in a few weeks.

Is anyone finding any issues with the inside out tracking though?

I’m reading fairly mixed reviews on different forums, with some stating it works great and others stating that it loses tracking with the controllers fairly easily, especially if you move them towards the headset in FPS and boxing games.

Also how’s the head tracking feel? I know my CV1 is the best head tracking I’ve ever experienced, so I really don’t want to lose that

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Is anyone finding any issues with the inside out tracking though?

I’m reading fairly mixed reviews on different forums, with some stating it works great and others stating that it loses tracking with the controllers fairly easily, especially if you move them towards the headset in FPS and boxing games.

Some people must be having issues because of very illuminated areas/windows ...

I just tried yesterday my Quest, and I was very Impresed by the tracking, miles ahead of the tracking from PSVR, almost the same than with my Rift CV1.

When you get the touchs to close to the cameras it has some issues, but Mage Carmack is working on it, I'm hopefull :)

You only have a week to wait for Amazon stock, though.

+1 on the tracking - mine has been great. There are sometimes when it goes a little wonky (only with Touch - headset tracking is flawless) but I automatically move my hand a little and it usually kicks straight back in.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

If you’re in the UK, Argos is where it’s at. I luckily found one in Glasgow yesterday available to collect straight away or a few other available to collect the following day. I couldn’t wait so drove the 25 miles to go and pick it up (even though I work 5 minutes away and could have picked it up today!). Check their website out and put your postcode in.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

If you’re in the UK, Argos is where it’s at. I luckily found one in Glasgow yesterday available to collect straight away or a few other available to collect the following day. I couldn’t wait so drove the 25 miles to go and pick it up (even though I work 5 minutes away and could have picked it up today!). Check their website out and put your postcode in.

Sadly showing out of stock everywhere now. Not an issue, I’m sure it will turn up again soon. Thanks for the advice

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

My Rift S came yesterday and I am fairly disappointed. It seems the FOV is slightly smaller compared to the CV1 and most importantly the chromatic aberration and distortions towards the edges is absolutely horrible. There is only a very small sweet spot in the dead center of the lense which is sharp enough, but a virtual inch (about 2 cm) to the left, right, up or down of that spot the image gets distorted. So I basically cannot read text without staring just at this sweet spot and turning my head all the time. Neither can I read all the HUD symbology in the A-!0C without moving the head nor can I read the left engine RPM gauge when directly pointing my head at the right engine RPM gauge. At the edge of the FOV there is just a blurry mess. Mostly blue.

Im not sure if my Rift S is faulty or if this is normal. I will give it back and try another one. If that one has the same problem, I stick with the CV1.

Edit: I noticed there is a Rift S thread .... posting my comment there .... now. Don't reply to this post here pls :)

Edited by dcs76

Sounds like an IPD issue ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Yes - same issues I had and same conclusion as Svsmokey. Though for me, the picture I could see was very clear, with a large sweetspot - even stuff well away from the centre was clear, but the FoV and edges of view were dismal.

Kneeboard Guides

allo all

I just got an Oculus Rift (a used one)

My system:

R7 Intel Core i7-8700K CPU, 32GB ram Nvidia 1070 Windows 10 Pro

I try to go to read all pages and pages but not able to find waht I am looking for

1) what can I expect as far as FPS is concern. so far I am like 22fps.

2) what sould be my config to make it better

Thnaks

Raab

Edited by raymondabel

allo all

My system:

I try to go to read all pages and pages but not able to find waht I am looking for

what sould be my config to make it better

Thnaks

Raab

Your system will smoke mine , and i generally maintain 45fps very low over Caucasus , including cities , in a Hornet .

My DCS settings as follows :

Water , high

Civil traffic low

Cockpit shadows low

View distance medium

Msaa x2

Terrain shadows flat

Trees 62%

Pd 1.0

All other settings off or lowest possible

You can trade the terrain shadows for increased pd if you wish , and you should be able to run some settings a little higher with that cpu .

Nvidea power "max performance" , win 10 power management "max performance"

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

allo all

My system:

what sould be my config to make it better

Thnaks

Raab

You have to tinker with the DCS settings options,

Also, the new NVidia drivers have "DSR factors" in the Global settings. I fly MP air battles, I cannot have 'pretty VR' I need a fast VR. "DSR smoothness" is the trade off between pretty and slow and an 'aliased' image, mine is set to 10%.

In DCS, no aliasing, but SSAA x2 (which is DCS superampling)

["MSAA"] = 0,

["SSAA"] = 2,

["SSAO"] = 0,

["anisotropy"] = 0,

in DCS VR options I have

["pixel_density"] = 1.5,

which actually is also related to supersampling. Some settings only have effect on the 2D image, not the actual Rift VR image, figure that out yourself.

You muck around with all these settings,

to start with these days the "DSR smoothness" in the driver is the easiest setting to find/compare quick and dirty results.

To find your personal optimum takes a horribly long time (very).

I get 45fps with a 8600K and GTX 1080, but this can drop down to your 22 fps sometimes in heavy MP settings.

Your major criteria is total image smoothness of any head movement, not how pretty or ugly it looks. Changing certain settings higher or lower, do not make any sense with any outcome in the result, which is why it can take so long.

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |