Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

cant come soon enough, so tired of this $900 paperweight

Don't see why it's a paperweight. Tracking works fine on single sensor in DCS. Just run 1 sensor till the patch is released. So they hit a glitch while advancing the software. Stuff happens.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

using two sensors, front facing setup, absolutely no issue with on single player

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I guess that works if you're the only one using it and didn't have to sell the wife on being able to play touch games.

I did sell the wife. Got a good price for her. hehe

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

Are you just finding ways to not solve this problem? Unplug one sensor while you're flying DCS for a little longer. :huh:

I dont think you understand, problems occur with one sensor as well, like the height bug.

So while my wife ran into a wall while using touch because the guardian boundaries change, if I unplug all but one sensor and play DCS I appear above the cockpit after playing for a few minutes.

One ends in a bloody nose, and one potentially ends in a mission restart (which sucks if you've been flying a mission that takes a an hour to complete and you're in the heat of battle).

Its pretty unacceptable for it to be this much of an alpha test this far in to the consumer release.

I'm happy your setup is working because it gives me a glimmer of hope that I didnt throw so much money down the toilet (with no refund option from oculus) but as you can see from the oculus forums it impacts lots of users.

The issues are well documented and they appear to be affecting a number of users, but not everyone which is strange. I run my Rift with Touch so I have a two sensor setup now ( have had touch little over a week), and it is running well for me. Have not noticed any guardian changes or height changes.

Oculus seems to be on top of it and an update is due out hopefully before end of the month. I hope it clears it up for most folks that are having the problem.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have to share this message here, despite the fact that there are a hundred just like it and it isn't contributing to the discussion.

But, wow. Simply wow.

Oculus Rift and DCS has just left me walking away feeling like I have finally crossed the line of immersion. Even with some resolution issues, I can't believe how much my mind 'believes' that I am zooming towards the ground at 700 knots with a commensurate feeling of fear and reality. Maybe this is something you get used to (!) though in the interim I'm just happy that this wonderful community is well and truly into the golden age of this hobby!

That's all! I'm off to spin around vegas in the F-5E :bye_2:

Hi I have just bought a rift used,so little money the lad suffered with motion sickness so was lucky on price.

Which USB cards are recommended for the rift I am UK based link would be very help full.

Thanks Jay.

Oculus recommends the Innatek PCIe USB 3.0 card.

https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-E-Expansion/dp/B00FPIMICA

I had ran the Oculus system checker, and found my onboard ASMedia USB 3 to be incompatible , or known to cause problems, with the Rift. So I ordered the Innatek card and installed it prior to hooking up my new Rift.

It has been problem free and working well for me, I have both the Rift and Touch running in it.

One caveat - you must disable power management for the Rift headset and the sensors that are plugged into the card. Also, it does not stick for each reboot - must be disabled each cold boot or reboot. Otherwise a sensor may well drop out, happened to me and was pulling my hair out at first.

There is a guy over on the Oculus forums developed a tray tool you can set to start with each boot, has an option to disable the power management on startup. Works very well.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Keep in mind they recommend the Innatek card as the "low end" solution. You can only plug a maximum of 2 sensors into it because its just 1 USB hub that shares its bandwidth across the USB ports.

If you plant to use 3+ sensors or want to run everything (or everything but the HMD) off 1 card to leave your motherboard ports open for HOTAS / accessories, then they recommend the PEXUSB3S44V which almost everyone that uses has never had an issue with (compared to lots of innatek issues).

The only con to the PEXUSB3S44V is that its nearly 4x more expensive and uses a PCIe x4 slot, but its one of those things where if you plan to run a lot of sensors you can do it once and do it right, making sure every sensor has a dedicated full USB 3.0 bandwidth port available. You can run all sensors and the HMD on usb 3.0 and not use any USB 2.0 slots on your motherboard.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJZEA2S

Interesting, I am running 2 sensors plus the HMD on the Innatek card, so far seems ok. Might have to look into that better card though.

Don B

Hello all just got my CV1 a week ago.. It is worth it. Its pretty awesome I love the feeling of sitting in the cockpit. I was a little worried about the screen door effect but you start to look past that. Amazed as the cockpit gauges and buttons stick out now and ability to peer over the side of the plane and look at the ground or stick your head out the side of the cockpit while flying the Spitfire. I'm hooked. Have some question though!

The VR software that is used. It is the interface with the HMD to produce the 3D picture? The HMD's are dsiplay devices only coupled to a software render? So if vr software was developed and optimized for DCS would we have better performance in game. I get the impression that VR games designed for VR get better performance.

Currently I am still using WIN 7 is it a benefit to move to WIN10 for VR? Thanks for the time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi All,

I would like to ask if a system with this spec (see below) can handle CV1/DCS and if so than what kind of frame rates/settings I should expect?

AeroCool VP-750 750 Ватт

8 core AMD FX-8350 at 4000 МГц

Nvidia GTX 1060 6 GB Palit

16 GB ddr3 1600mhz

-HDD 3.3 Tb SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 64Mb

Motherboard MSI 970A-G43

Sorry if that kind of questions was already debated to death but after reading many pages I didn't find an answer.

Thanks

Ted

I have an i7 16gb DDR4 and the 1060 6gb and have solid performance with my oculus. The FPS is staying at a solid 45fps. With the double frame projection it appears to you as 90fps as I understand it. Works for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an i7 16gb DDR4 and the 1060 6gb and have solid performance with my oculus. The FPS is staying at a solid 45fps. With the double frame projection it appears to you as 90fps as I understand it. Works for me

Cool! At what settings you get 45fps?

Thanks!

Ted

Edited by FedorMS

Oculus Price Drop !

Europe / Germany:

Oculus Rift 589 € incl. tax and shipping

Oculus Touch 119 € incl. tax and shipping

Edited by Neldrion

Quote Vedexent: The technical term for an over ambitious ground attack pilot is "dead".

Quote SiThSpAwN: I figure 1.5 will have to buy some roses and chocolates, take 2.0 to a nice restaurant, and if it opens doors and is a gentleman, 1.5 and 2.0 might just get to merge one day.

Touch and camera for $100. Ordered them Woot

http://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-rift-price-drop-touch/

I get a consistent 45 FPS while flying. Even at Batumi and Tbilisi. At times it will go to 70 and 80. How does the 45x2 thing work. I am new to the Rift and I just want to learn. At 60, would that mean my FPS is 120?

Thanks!

No, the system works at 90 fps. Anything less and you start experiencing stuttering. However, Oculus implemented ASW (Asynchronous Spacewarp) which is on by default. When a game can't maintain 90 FPS by itself, Oculus forces it to run at half of that (45 fps) and interpolates the frames inbetween. It's almost as smooth as 90 fps, but you get some slight visual artifacts.

Ctrl+Numpad 1 turns off ASW, Ctrl+Numpad 4 turns it back.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro