Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

• $10 at least !
    • $5 at least !
    • not sure.
    • no

• ED Team
Wags said May 6th would be nice but more likely it will be the end of May, so that probably means around the middle of August or so if we are lucky, with the Steam version coming out Spring 2019.

if you don't have something constructive to say don't say it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starway, this is truly an excellent contribution to the overall sim package and I sincerely hope that the undoubted thousands of hours put into the product is justly rewarded. Thank you so much for your efforts. I will certainly support it by buying it.

Some comments on here are simply not warranted, down right rude and have no place.

What makes this texture pack any different form any other addition to the core sim?

Answer = none.

Buy it - Fly it - love it

'T'

• Like 1

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Starway, this is truly an excellent contribution to the overall sim package and I sincerely hope that the undoubted thousands of hours put into the product is justly rewarded. Thank you so much for your efforts. I will certainly support it by buying it.

Some comments on here are simply not warranted, down right rude and have no place.

What makes this texture pack any different form any other addition to the core sim?

Answer = none.

Buy it - Fly it - love it

'T'

+1....well said;.......really looking forward to this texture pack by Starway......i'm always amazed at the talent level of the DCS community......very greatful :thumbup:

Edited by TwilightZone

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Too many individual want a lot for nothing. I'm not going to release payware (not planned), but I feel very happy for those who are successful in making their hobby something that could improve their real life also.

Starway is doing a great job, I'll buy for sure.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

I just hope the 10 dollars covers his effort enough to justify having done it. I'm in. Can't wait.

That's why I will buy several and gift them. $15 was not a bad price for what has been accomplished.

I encourage other like minds to do the same if they can afford it or skip a couple of cheap six packs.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Starway, I am looking forward to the release and thanks for your efforts! A question if I may?

Is there a noticeable difference in performance or FPS between the vanilla textures and your DLC? If so what sort fps difference are you seeing?

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Starway, I am looking forward to the release and thanks for your efforts! A question if I may?

Is there a noticeable difference in performance or FPS between the vanilla textures and your DLC? If so what sort fps difference are you seeing?

Jacks

He already stated that on his system there is no performance impact.

That's why I will buy several and gift them. $15 was not a bad price for what has been accomplished.

I encourage other like minds to do the same if they can afford it or skip a couple of cheap six packs.

What is the process for gifting a module?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

What is the process for gifting a module?

Once you buy the module, you use your profile view on the DCS site to look up the serial numbers. There is a box in the lower left to do a "license check". In the resulting window, there is an option to "bind" the serial to a different DCS World account name. Bind it, and send them the key.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Thank-you, sir.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Gifting is such a wonderful thing. Now I just need to find someone I know who actually flies DCS. :cry:

Ahah yeah, I have that issue too, I'm regularly showing DCS to friends but every time they're just rolling their eyes at the size of the A-10C manual. I've gifted a few modules here and there to friends to try and get them to bite but it didn't really work thus far. ^^"

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Once you buy the module, you use your profile view on the DCS site to look up the serial numbers. There is a box in the lower left to do a "license check". In the resulting window, there is an option to "bind" the serial to a different DCS World account name. Bind it, and send them the key.

Shouldn't it be "unbind"?

Edited by Bucic

Shouldn't it be "unbind"?
No if you bind to another it will take care of that for you. Un-binding just creates another needless step.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Ahah yeah, I have that issue too, I'm regularly showing DCS to friends but every time they're just rolling their eyes at the size of the A-10C manual. I've gifted a few modules here and there to friends to try and get them to bite but it didn't really work thus far. ^^"

Sometimes I just give to the pilots I fly with, if they already have it, I look for new pilots on the forum that want but can't afford...I usually ask for a quick confirmation they are honestly in need. Such as new, no job or a student, but with a passion for flight sims (DCS).

I have pretty much the same problem. I have a couple of co-workers that I keep shooting youtube links to on the various modules. They say it's cool, but they just don't have or want to make the time for this. Family life does play a part in the time also. I am also working on my nephew whenever he comes over I give him some stick time. I am trying to work with his parents in building him a rig to run DCS, but it's hard to get them to buy in.

Sometimes I just give to the pilots I fly with, if they already have it, I look for new pilots on the forum that want but can't afford...I usually ask for a quick confirmation they are honestly in need. Such as new, no job or a student, but with a passion for flight sims (DCS).

I love your approach to the less fortunate, but how do go about who really can or can't afford? Please school me. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Yeah, the one possibility I have is to get my brother interested in DCS. Maybe someday.

I work as an animator for a very small company that specializes in a big way in doing animations for a few helicopter and aircraft corporations. Now you would think that my coworkers would have an interest in flight sims since they have an interest in aviation in general. Unfortunately, that assumption is wrong. They simply don't have the interest.

Edited by JustVisiting