• $10 at least !
    • $5 at least !
    • not sure.
    • no

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely! I'd happily pay more than the quoted price for this. His desert and Vietnam textures are epic. I'd pay for all of them. Shame we can't protect them but I couldn't have thought of a more professional way for ED to have handled this so far. Impressed all round.

How easy is it to reinstall the texture mod after an ED update (I have never used a texture mod before, so forgive my ignorance). Is it as bad as when an update happens, the DCS installer sees "corrupt" texture files, and will download the (presumably many gigs of) original textures and overwrite the mod. Then since the mod is gone, do I have to overwrite the original textures with the mod again. What I am worried about is the download of the orginal textures each time, with my download speed that could take a while. Or will both set of textures sit side by side, and can be selected with a simple flick of a switch?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Bummer. I was really looking forward to this. Hope it's still put up for sale.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

At least if it make it compatible with sweetfx it's not a so bad news. :)

I hope Starway find a way to sell his work soon. My 10$ are ready for action ! ^^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

No going to lie, wasn't much interested in this as a purchase from ED. That said, ED, very cool move for a hard working member of the community. Get the donate link up Starway and I'll happily donate.

Sage

Same here!! Show me where to go.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah I'll be donating for sure.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

this worries me about future map dlc's since it could potentially halt any other dev's making map dlc. is the problem of protection one that would affect other developers map dlc? or is the problem specifically caused by the nature of starways project being not really a 'new' map but rather enhancement to the existing map or does lack of protection affect all map dlc (new maps like leatherneck has planned) if they were ready for release today? even if the issue is limited to this project for the reason i mentioned being enhancing existing maps will ED be making an effort to change game code so future 'map enhancement' projects like starways can be developed and protected?? the answers to these questions are quite important as it could lead to much less content for the game.

can wags or someone in the know answer my question as i am sure other potential dev's would like to know as much as us players do.

Charlesnett Callsign - "Fisherman"

I used Starway's previous (free) texture pack with JSGME. It's as easy as pressing one button to add or remove. The only constraint is to remember to remove the mods before updating DCS.

What he said.

To Keule, Wolle and others with a similar question - with JSGME, it's a one-click job to turn any mod on/off whenever You want. You just have to remember to turn them off before running updater to avoid overwriting.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

this worries me about future map dlc's since it could potentially halt any other dev's making map dlc. is the problem of protection one that would affect other developers map dlc? or is the problem specifically caused by the nature of starways project being not really a 'new' map but rather enhancement to the existing map or does lack of protection affect all map dlc (new maps like leatherneck has planned) if they were ready for release today? even if the issue is limited to this project for the reason i mentioned being enhancing existing maps will ED be making an effort to change game code so future 'map enhancement' projects like starways can be developed and protected?? the answers to these questions are quite important as it could lead to much less content for the game.

can wags or someone in the know answer my question as i am sure other potential dev's would like to know as much as us players do.

exactly I have the same question, why not to release it as new map (Enhanced Caucasus Map)?

exactly I have the same question, why not to release it as new map (Enhanced Caucasus Map)?

If they released it as a new map it would act as a new map and thus would only support content created specifically for it, you also wouldn't be able to enjoy it with other players unless they owned the map as well.

I used Starway's previous (free) texture pack with JSGME. It's as easy as pressing one button to add or remove. The only constraint is to remember to remove the mods before updating DCS.

+1, mod management is easy wit JSGME.

This is not a map module, this a texture package for one of the existing maps. Two seperate things. As can be seen from NTTR, protection and sales of map modules is not an issue and it works. Therefore, I do not see an issue for future maps being released by 3rd parties or ED.

As for the Starway's texture pack, if a donation option or a seperate sales channel is imolemented, I will still be happy to support his effort.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

This is not a map module, this a texture package for one of the existing maps. Two seperate things. As can be seen from NTTR, protection and sales of map modules is not an issue and it works. Therefore, I do not see an issue for future maps being released by 3rd parties or ED.

As for the Starway's texture pack, if a donation option or a seperate sales channel is imolemented, I will still be happy to support his effort.

+1

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

protected or not, the news is fortunately Not a gamechanger for me.

Take my money Starway, the terrain mod is still a first day buy 4 me.

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

It's great to see such a mature community, i doubt there will be many people who will "pirate" the textures if it is paid on his site.

I'll be more than happy to donate/buy the textures, you deserve it after the amount of hard work gone into it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD