Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

• $10 at least !
    • $5 at least !
    • not sure.
    • no

• ED Team
NTTR was actually 39.99 when i bought that, but don't let the facts get in the way :P

Cant count sales when you are complaining about stuff, otherwise wait till this goes on sale then compare...

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15$ for a few face lifted textures??? The full new NTTR map was 40$ only. :huh:

Where is the coherence?

Where is the proportionality?

Check out Starway's Northern Europe mod.....it looks very similar. The DLC contains new textures but the mod looks just like the DLC. At least in the videos that have been shown.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144708

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Anyone knows if the new integrity checks will block current modded textures?

I'm affraid DRM of this new set of payware textures. What if I use for example Mustang mod for trees (no shadows) or Barthek's textures for airstrips or Sweet FX?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Personally I like what I'm seeing but I'm torn, I know ED are also updating the textures for the map though and I'm assuming that update will be for free, so a little at a lost as to what the differences will be between the two, to be fair until we have an update from ED, it's very difficult to make an informed decision whether to buy or not.

I'm particularly interested on how this DLC will work with target spotting while flying MP with others who have the stock textures, IF we are both seeing different graphics, it might make it a tad difficult to Talk each other onto the targets.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the amount of work that has gone into this, but currently struggle to see the market. HOWEVER that said, I will purchase it, Purely to support 3rd party makers in DCS, in exactly the same way I purchase Flaming Cliffs 2, Combined Arms, and several aircraft models that I have never touched.

ALL 3rd party makers and ED at that rate deserve to be supported 100% just to keep the genre going.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I thought the map was suppose to be at the 2.0 standard? wen they marge it with the 2.0 .. ( more poly less pyramid mountains ..

I am at lost.

Starway's work concern Texturing the polygons. The 3D remains untouched so the 'pyramidal' mountains will remains... but those pyramids will be much more beautifully skinned. 3D work is still ED's job.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Question

Are these textures/improvements on only the existing objects in there existing locations? or does it add/move objects. I know that in some missions a wingman may talk you onto a target based on, "Look at the 2nd street over, the in front of the third large white building"... If one player has this DLC and the other doesn't.. will both see the "large white building" in roughly the same place to a tank placed via the mission editor? or will the two pilots see different buildings or even different town layouts...

I wanted to ask because some of the screenshots give the impression they might be different layouts and that the above 'talk on' scenario may cause issues.... what are your thoughts. how will this DLC affect those types of situations.

For a solo player it may not matter, but it may be an important factor in the decision to buy for those that primarily do MP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Question

Are these textures/improvements on only the existing objects in there existing locations? or does it add/move objects. [...]

I'm fairly certain your question had already been answered just one post ahead. :smartass:

Starway's work concern Texturing the polygons. The 3D remains untouched so the 'pyramidal' mountains will remains... but those pyramids will be much more beautifully skinned. 3D work is still ED's job.

I see absolutely no indication that any map objects will be moved by this DLC, be they mountains or houses or roads or bridges or airfields.

An interesting question derived from DracoLlasa's original question would be: Will there be large differences in color? Will the mod show a red building where the unmodded DCS shows a white building, or anything of the kind?

+1

15$ for a few face lifted textures??? The full new NTTR map was 40$ only. :huh:

Where is the coherence?

Where is the proportionality?

I appreciate your time and effort for changing some textures, but i have to agree.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

The price sounds right to me. And it's a DLC. You don't need it to play DCS and it won't give an unfair advantage to the ones that bought it. So there is absolutely no obligation or strong suggestion that you have to buy this DLC. As a result, if you think it is too expensive, just don't buy it and use the free mods that already exist.

I'm fairly certain your question had already been answered just one post ahead. :smartass:

I see absolutely no indication that any map objects will be moved by this DLC, be they mountains or houses or roads or bridges or airfields...

Im hoping you are right, and based on what i have read so far (pretty much the whole thread) im getting the hint this may be the case, but when i looked at the initial images i couldnt tell for sure so that is why i asked..

*more generally stating* that is what this thread is for... not debating if this should be DLC or not or if its price is to high or not, or whatever... its about the DLC and questions pertaining to it.. so im doing my best to keep it as such, i think its beautiful work, just want to understand the implications in multiplayer... i think i solo play there is zero concern in this regard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

The price sounds right to me. And it's a DLC. You don't need it to play DCS and it won't give an unfair advantage to the ones that bought it. So there is absolutely no obligation or strong suggestion that you have to buy this DLC. As a result, if you think it is too expensive, just don't buy it and use the free mods that already exist.

+2

What some of us fear is that the new IC will only allow ED supported content, i.e this will be the only texture mod that will work on most servers. ED as far as i know has yet to comment on this.

15 bucks? I don't regret spending that at a bar last week and I'll get WAY more than just one night of enjoyment out of this. Consider me sold.

Someone's probably already explained this somewhere in the thread but I didn't see it in skimming the 28 pages so far—The new version of the Caucasus map for 2.5 is not something that would be "competing" with this, is it? Like, that would be a different suite of more subtle improvements and tweaks, with maybe a few texture changes to keep everything working, and then if you wanted you could also get this complete texture rework on top of the 2.5 version? Do I have this right? Obviously they'd be compatible, but Caucasus 2.5 on its own won't be this whole entire other new thing that you might decide has new stock textures you like better, is what I'm assuming.

Edited by Frogisis

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

What some of us fear is that the new IC will only allow ED supported content, i.e this will be the only texture mod that will work on most servers. ED as far as i know has yet to comment on this.

I see your point. I would be surprised though if the integrity check prevented non-DLC owners from joining a server and vice versa. It would heavily fragment the MP community. Will be interesting to see what ED do with regards to this.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

I see your point. I would be surprised though if the integrity check prevented non-DLC owners from joining a server and vice versa. It would heavily fragment the MP community. Will be interesting to see what ED do with regards to this.

But in it's current state it may block people using free mod textures instead of the official DLC. It is a legitimate concern IMO.

If that happens, a lot of people will lose interest in DCS, IMO.

with the list of modules available as well as the list of modules and maps in development I don't see that happening.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

will there be an easy installer/Unistaller?? Without having to reinstall using activations. Im starting to lose count how many times i have had to reinstall DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!