• $5 at least !
    • not sure.
    • no

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
OK, then ED males the decision that they don't want my money. I guess the fact that SweetFX does not modify the SIM escapes them.

What must escape you is that this thread is about Starway's texture DLC and that ED shouldnt have to make sure that each and every unofficial mod is supported by their updates, or new content that ED or 3rd Parties release, period, the end.

Back on topic.

PS nobody even knows if this texture DLC will effect any unofficial mod. These things are not generally tested internally as the Tester Team is required to test 'clean'.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

On what, this DLC hasnt been released yet?

The Ultimate Argument campaign. I haven't even used it yet but now I do not want it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OK, then ED males the decision that they don't want my money. I guess the fact that SweetFX does not modify the SIM escapes them.

I'd rather have ED focus on new content and bug fixes than making sure SweetFx will work with everything after every change they make. Way too much work for them, plus Starway's new mod looks bang on with no need for sweetFX. Just my opinion though.

I'm bumping a question I had earlier in the thread, I see that Starway redid all the buildings except for the airfield ones, is this because the airfield ones are getting reworked anyways for the jump to Edge/2.0 or am I making that up?

Gracias.

Starway you got my 10 bucks to show my thanks for all you have done for the community. I appreciate it. This is almost entertainment what is going on.popcorn.gif

Edited by TwoLate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Starway you got my 10 bucks to show my thanks for all you have done for the community. I appreciate it. This is almost entertainment what is going on.popcorn.gif

+1

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

I think its a great buy and most needed.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Thanks Meiz, not sure how I missed that, appreciate the link. Looks great, I assume the runways will change with the edge/2.0 merger. Either way totally purchasing this for myself and probably another for a gift once 1.5 and 2.0 merge.

Great work, like jamison1982 said, it is the price of a fast food meal.

Woohoo .. it's 6th of May today!

Is it out yet?

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Starway, have you considered adding limited pre-baked shadows and occlusion to your textures? Having a single separate shadow for each tree is poor both performance-wise and considering the final effect.

Edited by Bucic

Good question, or do we need to wait for 2.5 for this? I don't recall if that was stated?

2.5 dependency was not mentioned as far as I know. Only that ED need to integrate the copy protection for the texture pack and depending on how the testing of that effort goes the release could be a couple of weeks past the initial planned date given by Starway. So we'll probably hear something either way later today I would guess.

Starway, have you considered adding limited pre-baked shadows and occlusion to your textures? Having a single separate shadow for each tree is poor both performance-wise and considering the final effect.

+1 I wrote about this here too. Id like to see two options something like Mustang trees mod for Georgia.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It's about that time for wags to show up and lower expectations? :)

I would call it resetting expectations. :) He's just makes weekly batches of kool-aid for us

kids to drink. Depending on the flavor of the week will determine if we'll enjoy it or not. :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I would call it resetting expectations. :) He's just makes weekly batches of kool-aid for us

kids to drink. Depending on the flavor of the week will determine if we'll enjoy it or not. :D

Well since I'm looking forward to this I'll cross my fingers we don't get sour grape flavour this week.

• Like 1

Ye'h need some green stuff to fly over, Nevada is nice and all but Green is mean but yet unseen. Sure that the wait will be worth it. Gazelle is a hand full but i like her a lot, seems she needs some green fields and trees to be complete. Will get the textures also when out.

"It's not how fast you go, it's how well you go fast"

:juggle:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

"It's not how fast you go, it's how well you go fast"

:juggle:

b5mus.jpg

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Came here to get in line for a release today as well! Fingers crossed... :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com