Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

• $10 at least !
    • $5 at least !
    • not sure.
    • no

Why not release it as an official DLC (albeit unprotected). Honest people will buy it (I will). This way we can install it from the module manager, and it won't get overwritten with each new update. If it will be released as a simple MOD it will get overwritten by each update, and I have to reinstall it each time, right? This sounds like too much effort, and I might not buy it in that case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not release it as an official DLC (albeit unprotected). Honest people will buy it (I will). This way we can install it from the module manager, and it won't get overwritten with each new update. If it will be released as a simple MOD it will get overwritten by each update, and I have to reinstall it each time, right? This sounds like too much effort, and I might not buy it in that case.

If you like and use Mods...what difference does it make. Not like it's Rocket Science.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

+1

You have a point...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• ED Team

The decision is to not release unprotected mods through the updater. That's not going to change right now.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Been keeping an eye on this one, as soon as it's up for grabs I'll be coughing up the dough. Supporting Starway is the least any of us can do after all of the great content he's given the community.

I encourage everyone to do the same, best of luck Starway!

Dear all,

I have some sad news. After a lot of time and effort, we have been unable to protect the map (texture) files for this DLC. As such, we will be unable to publish it as official DLC for DCS World.

However, we encourage Starway to still release his great work in unprotected form as either a store purchase from a site he creates or he set up a donation page. Normally we require a DLC mod to be published through the DCS e-shop with protection in order to be a paid for product (per our EULA); however, in the case we are making an exception for Starway given the time and effort he has put into this project.

We will later move this sub forum to the DCS Mods sub forum.

Thanks

Thx Matt for this very fair information.

I can't imagine DRM for this kind of addon without no effect for others free textures mods and Sweet FX but many of us will pay this 9$ for the addon without DRM also I think (as Thank You for good job of Starway and ED) to have only it in our e-account.

Have a good day.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

ED has been fair and reasonable about his from the beginning, first with a price reduction and now allowing Starway to profit from his work. I'm confident it will be a big seller.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Great mod, awesome work. However I am tired of reinstalling mods after each update and want to have all clear and from one hand without risking incompatibilities.

Downloading DCS again from the downloader takes too long to get a clean installation again.

• Like 1

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

i will pay for it, just release damn mod lol

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Oh man..... And I was hoping a easy way to get the new textures. And now I need to be without :-/

Oh well.... it's on me then (off from me) :'-(

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Dear all,

I have some sad news. After a lot of time and effort, we have been unable to protect the map (texture) files for this DLC. As such, we will be unable to publish it as official DLC for DCS World.

However, we encourage Starway to still release his great work in unprotected form as either a store purchase from a site he creates or he set up a donation page. Normally we require a DLC mod to be published through the DCS e-shop with protection in order to be a paid for product (per our EULA); however, in the case we are making an exception for Starway given the time and effort he has put into this project.

We will later move this sub forum to the DCS Mods sub forum.

Thanks

This is indeed a shame, I was really looking forward to this DLC.

Set up a donation site or online store Starway and I will happily contribute, please include Paypal option :smilewink:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.