BoxxMann's Tips - Adjust Seat/Eyepoint with VR

DerekSpeare

Use modifier keys.. I use the pinky lever, and the 2 top warthog throttle switches as modifiers.

Dcs lets you combine modifiers. Eg my left toggle up - vhf am, right toggle up - vhf fm and both up - uhf. I then use my trim, tms, dms, cms joystick to set my radios ! I use pinky for mouse , scrolling, and other controls. No need for mouse as all controls are mapped to hotas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

As a user of 3 monitors now two the alt + Enter to trap the mouse pointer does not work. Multi monitor configurations still suffer. Curious as to why there isn't a solution similar to FPS games that lock the mouse. Tried both using the head as mouse and the pointer as mouse. Makes the full detail modules un-playable.

Very,Very helpful thread,Thank You Boxmanthumbup.gif

smartass.gif thumbup.gif

@frollo - Go to your VR tab. You can trap the mouse to the game window there.

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Anyone else without a full-sized keyboard (i.e. one without a numpad) have trouble getting recenter view to work? I have tried rebinding it from numpad 5 to a bunch of other things and getting no luck. Means I have to set my seating position fairly exactly before I load DCS, which is a bit of a pain.

Would be really cool if they could eventually enable use of the Oculus remote for clickable cockpits! Bit of a niche feature though I suppose.

use a remapper like SVMapper, Xpadder or Joytokey to remap a stick/throttle/other button or key to NP5. You can set it directly in the config options.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

• 2 weeks later...

@El Grillo Have you tried directly mapping a joystick button to Recenter VR headset? You don't actually need to map it to KP5 as there is a dedicated command for it. Maybe I misunderstood what the problem was? So for anyone that may not be aware of it, and hoping Derek doesn't mind another VR tip in his post, its in the "UI layer" as JG4 Sputnick mentioned earlier in the post. But its hard to find if your not aware of it. Go to your main options menu. Select "Controls" panel along the top. Select the top left dropdown menu (where your Aircraft selection is) and scroll all the way down, past all the aircraft names and below UH1 heli, and the last one is called UI Layer. There you can designate any of your joystick buttons to Recenter VR headset. For instance I have The TM Warthog and made JOY_BTN15 my recenter. Its the red button on the throttle lever and is just a duplicate of some other control I think, so I used it for recenter. I also used the CMS hat switches as mouse buttons and scroll. If i need the cms switches....as you do.... I mapped the slew push switch (throttle JOY_BTN 1) as a modifier and use it combined to launch flares and chaff on the cms.

See attached pic of my bindings, but use whatever button or switch your comfortable with :)

1624871250_DCSUI_Layer_3.thumb.jpg.aba8bc94beb171e783847cb7e68df92e.jpg

Edited by Macka
spelling....again...Doh!!!

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

• 4 weeks later...

Added update for recentering and zoom functions in VR:

Enable RECENTERING and ZOOM for VR and bind it to a button/HOTAS:

• Options => Controls Tab => Left Dropdown (planes) => UI Layer => Recenter VR/ZOOM VR (bind to a button)

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

We've had those binding since the June 1.5.4.54080 release

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

We've had those binding since the June 1.5.4.54080 release

Yes, and we're all better for it :thumbup: :thumbup: I kept forgetting to update the thread here. Possibly a sticky might be good.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to provide detailed instructions on how to edit the registry to enable Oculus ASW.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

So, I have finally had time to try the ASW feature...

I did the registry edit, but the Ctrl+KP1/2/3/4 commands doesn't seem to work. I expected to see the FPS to lock at 45 when pressing Ctrl+KP2 or 3, but it still varies up to 90.

How can I check that ASW is enabled?

I have Win10 64bit and a 980TI with the latest drivers.

So, I have finally had time to try the ASW feature...

I did the registry edit, but the Ctrl+KP1/2/3/4 commands doesn't seem to work. I expected to see the FPS to lock at 45 when pressing Ctrl+KP2 or 3, but it still varies up to 90.

How can I check that ASW is enabled?

I have Win10 64bit and a 980TI with the latest drivers.

Ctrl 2 should lock you at 45. Seems like you have an issue with your registry edit. See can you find anything in your latest log file here: AppData/Local/Oculus/Service_<date>.txt file, search for "ASW". It should state whether it was able to activate ASW.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Hi Frusheen and thanks for helping!

I found two rows containing "asw":

03/11 19:51:40.791 {DEBUG} [ASW:NV_FrameEstimator] Encoder caps ASYNC=1 MEONLY=1

03/11 19:51:40.821 {INFO} [VirtualDisplay] ASW Enabled

Edit: If I look in the reports from where I ran DCS I get more hits, like these:

03/11 18:09:57.835 {DEBUG} [ASW:FrameEstimator] Unable to lock extrapolation thread

03/11 18:09:57.837 {DEBUG} [Localization] Language Tag: en-US, fbt locale:en_US, cldr:en

03/11 18:09:57.840 {DEBUG} [ASW:FrameEstimator] Unable to lock extrapolation thread

03/11 18:09:57.840 {DEBUG} [ASW:FrameEstimator] Unable to lock extrapolation thread

03/11 18:09:57.842 {DEBUG} [ASW:FrameEstimator] Unable to lock extrapolation thread

03/11 18:09:57.845 {DEBUG} [ASW:FrameEstimator] Unable to lock extrapolation thread

03/11 18:09:57.845 {DEBUG} [ASW:FrameEstimator] Unable to lock extrapolation thread

03/11 18:09:57.847 {DEBUG} [ASW:FrameEstimator] Unable to lock extrapolation thread

03/11 18:09:57.848 {DEBUG} [ASW:FrameEstimator] Unable to lock extrapolation thread

03/11 18:09:57.885 {INFO} [ASW:NV_FrameEstimator] Breaking promise vsync distance 19847.7

Edited by Goblin

Which driver version are you running for your graphics card?

Edit: sorry I see you say you've latest drivers. I'm not sure what those errors mean.

Edited by Frusheen

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Goblin just curious how you are checking your frame rates. Are you using right ctrl and pause keys?

Are you using right ctrl and pause keys?

Yes.

Hmmm... I have disabled hyper threading in BIOS. Could that have anything to do with this?

I'm on Oculus runtime 1.9, and after some googling I have found some users with similar problems and 980TI's...

Edited by Goblin

very strange, I fly the A10-C and want to disable the tooltips. That works for singleplayer, but when I go on our multiplayer server the tooltips are there regardless my settings.

Is it simply overriding local settings and using whatever settings the mission creator/server admin is using ? (like model enlargement which is also overruled by server settings afaik?)

Just to rule it out, maybe you should export the registry setting and post so others can check?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Just to rule it out, maybe you should export the registry setting and post so others can check?

I have moved over this to the ASW thread, but I have tested disabling ASW in the registry, and there is a noticeable difference, so it definately works. But I can't switch between the different modes.

very strange, I fly the A10-C and want to disable the tooltips. That works for singleplayer, but when I go on our multiplayer server the tooltips are there regardless my settings.

Is it simply overriding local settings and using whatever settings the mission creator/server admin is using ? (like model enlargement which is also overruled by server settings afaik?)

Yes, it's server setting that overrides your local mode. A bit annoying right now because of the tooltips size.

• 3 weeks later...

Added Sec8 to OP covering how to change the size of the Tooltip Text (credit to jimiC for this one).

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

• 1 month later...

So while messing around in the settings, I changed the VR Pixel Density to 2.5, but now DCS still acts like it is in VR mode, I can see the mirror view tracking and what not, but nothing displays in the Rift :(

Anyone had this happen? Know how to fix it?

Also, how does the "VR Zoom" work? I mean I see the option to toggle it, but how does it actually work? If you turn it on how do you actually zoom?

Edited by agathorn

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.