No more ATC since last update

jef32

Hi

I've updated today to v 2.025262 and i have no more ATC at all.

I've tried on UH-1H then the P-51 and no more ATC on Nellis or Mc Carran. I've asked the startup clearance: Nobody for answer!

I've asked a startup clearance for the F-15 at Nellis: The same !

I took-off a F-15 without permission from Nellis and nobody to remind me the good procedures as before.

I've tried the comms with an IA wingman and that's ok. Just the ATC doesn't work anymore.

Thanks !

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Yep. Coming into Nellis in A-10C after the CAS mission and contacted tower with "Inbound" call. Crickets. No response no matter what .

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

New version realeased and no more TAC

HI

The 2.02 version is available again. I had downgraded to 2.01 after the bugs of the 2.02 version some days ago, but this evening i have upgraded again to 2.02, thinking that all problems were solved.

For CPU, it's ok and i've just done a long flight in a heavy loaded mission with no game crash ( UH-1h, take of Nellis, fllight over the strip, then hoover dam and return to Nellis) with all the statics and dynamics planes from the user file mission "stupid bet" and with civil traffic high. If you had downloaded this mission you know that it's an heavy mission for the computers. No game crash at all. Congratulations ED !

But ATC: lost again with 2.02 version. ED hope you will solve that !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Yes, zero ATC in any F15 Instant Action. I feel bad I started up and took off on the "cold start". Also noticed the 2 F15's that usually take off ahead of me didn't do so.

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

I'm having the same problem. Just updated tonight and no ATC.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass, Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Z270, Intel Core I7 - 7700K, Gskill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB, Seagate BarraCuda 3TB, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair RM750X, Windows 10 Home, Asus ROG PG348Q 34” 3440 x 1440 100hz curved IPS G-Sync monitor, Saitek X52 Pro Hotas, TrackIR V5

Riproren said:

Also noticed the 2 F15's that usually take off ahead of me didn't do so.
I wasn't sure but the cold and dark IA doesn't take off, despite the triggers, as you've noticed.

As i told yesterday in this thread, i've done a mission based on the mission "stupid bet" downloaded in user file section. It was sunrise hour in my mission and when i'd return back to Nellis, i was surprised to see from far, plenty of planes landing lights. In fact, it was surely all the planes which would must take off but surely were waiting a tower clearance which had never come.

I don't know if this is the same error:

When I press the # button to open the Auto Comm I can choose the first layer like ATC or ground crew but then nothing more. And after the first choice I cannot use Comms anymore. The list of available "channels" is blank.

Anyone else?

PS: Flying Mirage 2000

Looking at the DCS.log when I was sending the report for the UH-1H crash, I realized that Nellis and McCarran don´t have an ATC:

"01187.432 WARNING FLIGHT: McCarran International Airport has no ATC communicator!"

"01187.433 WARNING FLIGHT: Nellis AFB has no ATC communicator!"

Creech and Groom Lake have functional ATC.

Nellis and McCarran had ATC before in 2.01.

And no ATC on airports as Mc Carran or Nellis, that is not very realistic.

And that doesn't explain why the IA do not take off.

ED, if the 2.02 version is not complete for this second try, give us again the option do downgrade to 2.01 until a 2.02 version with no bugs. You're on the good way, this time no more overload of the CPU and game crashes.

I prefer flying on a good version with no bugs than flying with a more recent version including some bugs.

Thanks !

Nellis and McCarran had ATC before in 2.01.

And no ATC on airports as Mc Carran or Nellis, that is not very realistic.

And that doesn't explain why the IA do not take off.

ED, if the 2.02 version is not complete for this second try, give us again the option do downgrade to 2.01 until a 2.02 version with no bugs. You're on the good way, this time no more overload of the CPU and game crashes.

I prefer flying on a good version with no bugs than flying with a more recent version including some bugs.

Thanks !

If you prefer flying without bugs stick to the release version. DCSW 2.x+ is alpha, bugs are to be expected.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Sorry but i hadn't stick problems before.

A new version, is supposed to correct bugs and improve the soft, not to get bugs that we hadn't before.

I'm not very impatient about the evolution of the soft. I understand that developers need time for a simulator like this one. The way DCS ran on my computer in 2.01 make me feel fully satisfied, waiting only improvements for the future, at the speed that ED team can work.

But seeing a new version adding bugs which weren't existing before....

Some weeks ago, after an version upgrade, there was no more traffic ground in the street of LV and we'd must wait three weeks before an upgrade to recover the car traffic. During this time, i didn't use at all the version 2 of DCS and i felt "punished", because my favourite flying machine is the Huey.

What i want to say is that i understand that the soft must be upgraded but i would prefer that ED uses more time between the upgrade instead of upgrades adding bugs which weren't existing before. They would take more time to test the upgrade themselves before realising it instead of realising it and waiting that we manifest dissatisfaction on this forum. Sometimes, in this behaviour, i feel a little like a ginea pig

Sorry but i hadn't stick problems before.

A new version, is supposed to correct bugs and improve the soft, not to get bugs that we hadn't before.

I'm not very impatient about the evolution of the soft. I understand that developers need time for a simulator like this one. The way DCS ran on my computer in 2.01 make me feel fully satisfied, waiting only improvements for the future, at the speed that ED team can work.

But seeing a new version adding bugs which weren't existing before....

Some weeks ago, after an version upgrade, there was no more traffic ground in the street of LV and we'd must wait three weeks before an upgrade to recover the car traffic. During this time, i didn't use at all the version 2 of DCS and i felt "punished", because my favourite flying machine is the Huey.

What i want to say is that i understand that the soft must be upgraded but i would prefer that ED uses more time between the upgrade instead of upgrades adding bugs which weren't existing before. They would take more time to test the upgrade themselves before realising it instead of realising it and waiting that we manifest dissatisfaction on this forum. Sometimes, in this behaviour, i feel a little like a ginea pig

The second you bought software in an 'Alpha' state you are agreeing to be a ginea pig. Also, bugs being introduced as others are fixed is just a side effect of software development. That is why software goes through its various development stages. And 2.0 is still Alpha.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

"in 2.02 version RADIO MENU doesn't work!!!!!

HELP!!!!"

Make sure you have Radio Assists and Easy communications selected in the Options->Gameplay

No ATC in NTTR is a known bug.

-Pv-

I have radio assist and easy comms selected , but RADIO MENU' doesn't work.

F1 (rearm and refuel), F10 (other), F12 (exit) don't work!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steggles wrote:

The second you bought software in an 'Alpha' state you are agreeing to be a ginea pig. Also, bugs being introduced as others are fixed is just a side effect of software development. That is why software goes through its various development stages. And 2.0 is still Alpha.

Ok, i know that it's an alpha version. Honestly, for an alpha version, we can say that it's a very succesful version. But ok, we have to be the guinea pigs if you want, but, in this way, why ED doesn't speak in the newletter before the upgrade about the two sides of the upgrades, and not only the good improvements ?:

"Ok, with this upgrade, we have corrected these points, we have added these new features but be carefull, you will lost temporaly these functions ( ATC at Mc Carran or Nellis, this time, IA starting from park doesn't take off anymore, for exemple) "

In this way, we could choose to upgrade or not, knowing really what will happen. You told me about joystick problems in v2.01. With this new upgrade, reading the newletter, you could think " woah, my problems with stick are over, and i don't care about the lost ATC, i'm so happy to not have joystick problems anymore" but, i could think: " I hadn't joystick problems, i don't want to loose my ATC, i will wait the next update".

And that could prove that ED has seriously tested the upgrade before the realase, and not just waiting for us to do their tests.

I am having trouble playing the Red Flag Campaign as the ATC won't answer me and it seems the AI aircraft won't taxi correctly. They Just stop on taxi way and won't take off. It really ruins the campaign because I need the SEAD and CAP to complete the missions, so right now it's unplayable.

"You should fly a fighter aircraft one inch from out of control at all times in a purposeful way" -Willie Driscoll USN (ret)

The State Military (CVW-17)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 103

F-14B BuNo 161435

VF-103

CAPT J. "Bowser" Mayse

http://www.statelyfe.com

They Just stop on taxi way and won't take off. It really ruins the campaign because I need the SEAD and CAP to complete the missions, so right now it's unplayable.

The same for me !