How to: JTAC

PatriotCFS

I'm basically looking for a how-to guide on setting this up in the mission editor, how to contact them, and how to find the bad guy once the jtac spots it.

If someone could help me with this, you'd be my hero :thumbup:

+1 I'd love to have a good JTAC guide.

PLUS: Fans of DCS have put out some incredible videos made by people who can really break it down. However, as much as I search, I can't find a good video about straight up dogfighting maneuvers.

There's lots of stuff out there, but nobody has made a series that shows what maneuvers you should consider - in different situations - and how to practice them.

Like, I know what scissors and immelmans are, but I don't know how or when to do them, what a situation looks like when I should try them, or what they actually look like when their done in combat...!

Keep in mind that in some parts of the map they won't lase, no matter what you do - even if you place them next to the unit that they are supposed to mark. On second thought perhaps their survival instinct is modelled with great detail and that is the reason ;-)

Anyway, even if in ME you can choose laser as mark type, in the mission you may hear "no mark", so it is better to test it twice.

This kinds of problems are the reason why there won't be GBU dropping in the campaign.. :(

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

You can use the Spot functions in the scripting environment to do it manually. Also means players don't have to go through the repetitive FAC comms process to get targets.

Thanks, I will play with that. Perhaps I'll use it for training mission! :thumbup:

noooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaay :huh:

Hey, there will be plenty other things to do. GBU was supposed to be in the last mission, but since I changed the script around it is much more interesting now!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Keep in mind that in some parts of the map they won't lase, no matter what you do - even if you place them next to the unit that they are supposed to mark.

JTAC IS unstable. I can confirm that. And it has nothing to do with the place where you try to put it. It's just the game. Today I've launched my missions which I used for JTAC before - and NONE OF THEM WORK. I mean all JTAC units say "no mark"! That is insane! :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]