Human JTAC in MP

CHSubZero

yes and yes. You need to make combined arms ( game masters, commanders, JTACs) slots in the mission from the left hand menu

How do I create those slots in a mission?

Added a Leopard-2 and a Humvee, checked that both vehicles are driveable but in the mission I cannot put myself into those vehicles.

Thanks for the help.

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

In mission editor:

Click on the menu icon in the left navigation, adjust the Combined Arms Panel:

ZC44gYX.jpg

Check 'Pilot can control vehicles' and a Combined Arms player can jump into every vehicle on the map that has something like 'Drivable' checked.

The other roles are special Combined Arms slots that can also be played by such players. An observer, for example, can call artillery stikes, a game master can control vehicles via the map interface and assign waypoints to them. By that he can control all ground forces and guide them to victory.

If you're in a vehicle you may open the JTAC Menu by pressing 'B'. From there you can create smoke marks etc. for CAS. With the binocular you can lase targets and also read their coordinates. Be aware that the coordinate line reads your own coordinate if you're not lasing anything or enemy is too far away.

Edited by Zabuza

It works well for the A-10C that can identify laser codes, but not the KA-50. If you are working with helicopters your only option is to mark with smoke.

For helicopters you can also mark with tracers or use a Gridded Reference Graphics map to talk the helicopters on target.

An example I made for one of our missions:

A8DCi2S.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Looks good, man. Very clean. I do the same for my missions.

I wish we had the same ability to mark maps as Steel Beasts. The group that I play SB with spends nearly an hour prior to each session just planning and drawing our tactical mission graphics (routes, checkpoints, battle positions, observation posts, etc)

It's all about establishing the battlefield architecture so that players can communicate and coordinate!