DCS 2.0.2 - Response from twist axis

Hi all, I've just updated to 2.0.2 and I noticed that the in-game response to the twist axis input of my stick does not work anymore properly. It seems the game - settings panel included - sees only 4-5 positions along the entire axis movement.

I checked back in the Windows controllers settings and there the response is normal.

BTW, I have a FLY5 (I know, not the best stick around, but until now it hasn't shown any problem) and I didn't change any setting compared to 2.0.1.

Does anyone have the same problem?

High jinks!

• ED Team

try deleting your input folder here

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input

restart dcs openalpha and try your stick in the controls panel again

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

try deleting your input folder here

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input

restart dcs openalpha and try your stick in the controls panel again

Tried, but this didn't solve the problem

High jinks!

To let you better understand... See the attached screenshot. Here I simply twisted the stick fully to the right and then I let it come back to center. The response of the game was as you see there: it jumped from center to about halfway to the right and it remained stuck there.

I haven't seen anything like this before :joystick:

TwistResponse.png.31adf421f6c7ffc628525a25045373ff.png

High jinks!

• ED Team

do you have any conflicts with the other devices for the same axis, or have you cleared them so your twist is the only device?

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have no other device on the same axis. I've also cleared all the assignments and then reassigned them.... still no luck.

BTW, I reinstalled 1.5.3 and I can confirm this problem does not appear there... it's only in 2.0.2

High jinks!

• ED Team

Ok, can your zip and attach your whole logs folder, also a dxdiag so we can take a closer look at this.

DXDIAG

1. click on "START"

2. click "run"

3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"

4. check through the tabs and perform all tests

5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

6. attach this text file to message

thanks

• 1 month later...
Ok, can your zip and attach your whole logs folder, also a dxdiag so we can take a closer look at this.

Hey there, any success in your investigation? I'm starting to be worried... :cry:

High jinks!

• ED Team

Sorry I had overlooked this thread,

I have taken a look now and can not see any obvious reason for your issue.

I have tried to reproduce however I have different hardware from you and I am not seeing the issue.

have you tested the axis in windows and have you calibrated it recently?

Sorry I had overlooked this thread,

I have taken a look now and can not see any obvious reason for your issue.

I have tried to reproduce however I have different hardware from you and I am not seeing the issue.

have you tested the axis in windows and have you calibrated it recently?

Yes, in windows everything is normal, as well as in dcs 1.5

High jinks!

• ED Team

Sorry I do not have a solution for you currently, and not being able to replicate it is difficult to diagnose.

I have made the ED team aware

If you have not already make sure

DCS is running as admin

try turning forcefeedback off

run a repair

Done all of the above and I also had the chance to try a different joystick yesterday (logitech 3d): the problem is still there. There must be something very odd in the way dcs 2.0.2 runs on my pc

High jinks!

• ED Team

Have you tried a repair?

and as a last resort have you considered a fresh install?

• ED Team

No problem, I will ask again on monday

some users have reported a delay before there button push or axis is recognised.

I had the same problem yesterday, but mine F.L.Y 5 is full of problems

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I notice that when I am in DCS world 2 Nevada training mission F15-C taking off from a runway practice, my aircraft will want to drift left and crash. I have been fighting this for a day trying to assign and I even removed my rudder pedals. Still wants to drift even when I land or take off. Not cool!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi, sry my engl. Me and as minimum 2 my teammates (others in vacations) have same bug with axises. It's start 2 updates ago on release version. Don't know how long in Alpha but i have same problems there too.

Thanks Chichco, it's important to show that this game-breaking bug is not only an isolated case. I hope ED will pay some attention to this.

High jinks!

I posted a thread with this issue yesterday, Chichco gave me a link to this thread. Me and a friend are encountering this problem as well. Even though it is by far not as noticeable with my X52 Pro, it gets very obvious with his Thrustmaster Hotas X. In fact it's gamebreaking for him as well.

My guess is, that this issue actually affects every system and controller, but it's only noticeable when the update rate from the device is relatively low. I probably wouldn't have noticed it, if I didn't intentionally try to twist my stick as fast as possible and have a look at the ingame axis position.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...