Mig 21 campaign went south...

BigBadVuk

Hello ppl, i ahve weird issue: for some reason DCS world is ignoring my settings in campaign with Mitg-21: I cant make it flyable by pilot...

I contacted support but they pointed me to this forum, so ill simply copy & paste text here:

Im not sure what is the issue but it seems like DCS refuses to recognize my Mig-21 Bis module.

I can create mission, I can select Mig-21 ( it is yellow, meaning i can use it as player) I can start mission, game loads and then for some reason Ai always take over, even if that aircraft is set to be controlled by players ( me).

I tried all kind of tricks but i simply cant access this fighter as pilot which is really annoying because im in the middle of process of creating campaign and i need to test many things before i can say it is done.

To make things worse im like 99% sure that first mission i did like 15 days ago was working perfectly but then something happened and i cant make it work any more. Ofc i dont want to start on 2nd mission if i cant make 1st one to work at all.

Any advice or help would be welcomed because weekend is coming and after that i have vacation scheduled as well so i want to finish this campaign - i also have certain deadlines due to planned events with this so this is quite urgent job.

Im not newbie in editor and i went through all possible settings to no avail. I also reinstalled complete game with all modules - same result, and im sure it is not hardware because game works perfectly.

So, everything is stopped until i can fix this silly ( but extremely annoying) error.

Basically game acts like i dont have installed Mig-21 module at all. It doesnt crash, it just wont let me into cockpit!!!

Any help would be most welcomed since im in tight spot with time....

Hello ppl, i ahve weird issue: for some reason DCS world is ignoring my settings in campaign with Mitg-21: I cant make it flyable by pilot...

I contacted support but they pointed me to this forum, so ill simply copy & paste text here:

Im not sure what is the issue but it seems like DCS refuses to recognize my Mig-21 Bis module.

I can create mission, I can select Mig-21 ( it is yellow, meaning i can use it as player) I can start mission, game loads and then for some reason Ai always take over, even if that aircraft is set to be controlled by players ( me).

I tried all kind of tricks but i simply cant access this fighter as pilot which is really annoying because im in the middle of process of creating campaign and i need to test many things before i can say it is done.

To make things worse im like 99% sure that first mission i did like 15 days ago was working perfectly but then something happened and i cant make it work any more. Ofc i dont want to start on 2nd mission if i cant make 1st one to work at all.

Any advice or help would be welcomed because weekend is coming and after that i have vacation scheduled as well so i want to finish this campaign - i also have certain deadlines due to planned events with this so this is quite urgent job.

Im not newbie in editor and i went through all possible settings to no avail. I also reinstalled complete game with all modules - same result, and im sure it is not hardware because game works perfectly.

So, everything is stopped until i can fix this silly ( but extremely annoying) error.

Basically game acts like i dont have installed Mig-21 module at all. It doesnt crash, it just wont let me into cockpit!!!

Any help would be most welcomed since im in tight spot with time....

Which DCS version do you use? If it is 2.0 (Nevada), then this is a known error ... with sadly no quick fix available at the moment.

In DCS 1.5.3 the MiG-21 should work fine, though.

Thank you for fast reply.

Unfortunately 1.5.3 version doesnt have desert map and ED in their great wisdom decided to make Nevada dcs 2.0 exclusive. so im stuck with 2.0.

It sucks that they decided to drop the support for module which costed me nearly 40$ only to drop it from game without any prior announcement! If they are sending me each Friday news letter they could at least had some dignity to announce abandoning module!

Ah well i learned something today - they wont get a single cent from me any more, which is bad, i really wanted to try F-14 A/B and new middle east map...

Edited by BigBadVuk

• ED Team

The Mig-21 is not working with 2.0.2.52369

as per he change log

NOTE

DCS MiG-21bis are not functional until next update.

Sorry for inconvenience.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2745494&postcount=11

They have not dropped support for it, it is just not working currently in a public openalpha testing build.

Please use the stable release version to continue enjoying the Mig-21

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You can alway revert to version 2.0.1 if You really need to fly the MiG above Nevada, mind You, however, that there are no MiG campaigns or missions released for this map yet, so You have to have a separate 1.5.3 install anyway.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hm, when version 1.5.2 has support for module but same module is not working in 2.0.x version i call that drop of support in new version. They can use any PR name for it they want fact is they dont support it.

Dont think that im trolling you but even if i wanted to go down to 1.5.2 ( which i dont want to do , why going backward to previous version and why ignoring new theater i payed for??) i still cant do it for simple reason i already mentioned - the Nevada map is exclusively made for new version, so 1.5.x is useless to me in this current condition.

Story in campaign is centered around Syrian conflict and i need desert!

Thank you all for trying to help but this leaves bitter taste in mouth. Big time. You ppl are great but ED on the other hand... they are all over the place. Worst of everything they are shafting me for my own money...

Forget it..Im done with this, i cant fight windmills...

• Like 1

2.0 and 1.5 should merge sometime in the future. Your best bet to use the campaign is to use DCS repair to revert to a previous DCS version where the MiG-21 is working. Also, there are a few mods available with better textures for the Caucassus map. (Including desert textures) However, Nevada missions won't ever work in the Caucassus map, whatever textures you use.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

• ED Team
Hm, when version 1.5.2 has support for module but same module is not working in 2.0.x version i call that drop of support in new version. They can use any PR name for it they want fact is they dont support it.

Dont think that im trolling you but even if i wanted to go down to 1.5.2 ( which i dont want to do , why going backward to previous version and why ignoring new theater i payed for??) i still cant do it for simple reason i already mentioned - the Nevada map is exclusively made for new version, so 1.5.x is useless to me in this current condition.

Story in campaign is centered around Syrian conflict and i need desert!

Thank you all for trying to help but this leaves bitter taste in mouth. Big time. You ppl are great but ED on the other hand... they are all over the place. Worst of everything they are shafting me for my own money...

Forget it..Im done with this, i cant fight windmills...

BigBadVuk,

check your support ticket I have replied again.

I have been told we will likely see a patch soon for the Mig-21 for 2.0.2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You would be perfectly right if You payed for final version of the map. Yo (we) didn't though, it's an early access version for these who are OK with testing the unfinished product and don't mind some things not working properly / at all.

The MiG will be flyable again in 2.0.x after next patch or two, how is is drop of support?

Why going backwards? Well, we just have to have two separate installs to fly both maps for the time being, it's been clearly known since the 2.0 release, no windmills to fight here. They'll be merged into single version eventually, but we're not there yet.

Since there's no official mission content for MiG over Nevada yet, I gather You must be flying some unofficial, user made campaign. Once again, You can revert from 2.0.2 down to 2.0.1 and continue flying it then. Do expect, however, issues, as with every custom, unsupported content. DCS is no exception from other PC games here.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Please dont even start with that "hey it is early access": I PAYED price for that aircraft they demanded back then, end of story. It was maybe early access back in 2014, not any more..

They were quite happy to take money for update to new 2.0 version and map itself as well and it works ok along with new engine. Why suddenly they opted to leave out Mig 21 is beyond me.

Now, i dont mind bugs and glitches as well, even crashes - im sending logs, feedback etc. and game should moving forward, bugs should be eliminated, not multiplying to the point where complete module is unavailable and i need to roll back.

As for fixing it soon..that is ok, thank you for the effort, but WHEN?

I have a week at max to finish everything. Date is 1st May and with good reason (in Russia it is still big day , i cant change date etc. i will look like baboon which cant make series of simple 8 on 8 missions)

And, Art-J, if you had read my first post you would understand that im making custom 5 missions campaign for event except i cant test anything because mig21 is not working...And even finished missions suddenly lost player slots. They turned into AI controlled.

Right now im using mig29 as substitute, but... that is not even near what i need....

What a mess....

• ED Team

I understand that you are upset about how the public testing builds work. We have open beta and open alpha so the public can test and have early access to new and exciting stuff.

The alternative is to not have them and wait until they are ready for public release.

As for when I don't have specifics currently but again that is the nature of software publishing.

Edited by BIGNEWY

@BigBadVuk

This kind of childish attitude makes me really angry. You don't seem to realize (or don't want to), that 2.0 is a public alpha for TESTING purposes. ED is so kind to give us the opportunity to try out new stuff like the Nevada map before its final realease. You should be thankful for this opportunity. Instead you're raging, because you experience problems in a pre-release-testing version of the game. Instead you could just play the stable release version which works fine. It's not EDs fault, that you pre-ordered the Nevada map, you could have waited for it's final release to the stable version which will happen in the near future.

Support for the MiG-21 module has not been dropped. There is just a problem in the current testing version which will be solved soon...

Because of people like you who don't understand this (or don't want to) we might not get the opportunity to pre-test new maps or modules in the future. So thank you NOT.

Sorry for the harsh tone, but that kind of ignorance really upsets me.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Close the topic, and forget it.. ill find some solution or i will cancel event and explain to guys that i cant do anything but offer them beer & grill instead of lan party.

I will survive week or two of mocking but you lost customers here and that is the bottom line.

Jesus.. and i was giving you money since DOS flanker 1.0

Im not angry im disappointed.

• ED Team

as requested closed, please reply to the support ticket, and if you wish to discuss this further please PM me I am happy to help.

Edited by BIGNEWY