What Is Your Main DCS World Activity?

Oubaas

What Is Your Main DCS World Activity?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Main DCS World Activity?

• Fixed-wing fighters
    • Fixed-wing mud movers
    • Helicopters
    • World War II
    • Combined Arms

What do you mostly do in DCS World? I spend most of my time with helicopters. But I do fly the other stuff sometimes and I'm especially fond of the MiG-21bis and the A-10C. But mostly, I fly stuff that hovers.

BTW, the L-39, by virtue of having light attack capabilities, goes under "Fixed-wing mud movers" in case anybody is wondering.

So what's yours?

Oubaas

Edited by Oubaas
I added stuff.

When the F/A-18 comes out it will be 'Fixed Wing Fighter/Attack' for me.

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Yep, ya gotta add the F/A role in there.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

All of the above, but I like to create single player missions that are complex and balanced,

so the player makes a vital difference to the outcome. Also add random triggers so every time you fly the missions, they are different!;)

Also missions that enable the player to swap sides and fly the oppositions aircraft, thIs makes DCS a great hobby, in my honest opinion!:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

I voted for fighters, but it's honestly whatever piques my interest at any given time. Heli's, mud movers, fighters. I play them all :) Recently been stung by a MiG-21 bug sprinkled with some Huey flavor. But that could change at any time. According to the logbook I spend most of my time in the A-10C but the time I spend in the hog and the frogfoot-A cannot compete with time spent in the F-15, Mirage 2000, MiG-21 and F86. Helicopters take 3rd place but I do love my choppers, all three of them. I have two warbirds, the mustang and the kurfurst but it will take a bit more supplementive content (terrain, units) before I think I can really enjoy them.

So I'd vote for a jack of all trades option if there was one.

Check my F-15C guide

A bit of everything, but in the end I always come back to the Hawg.

Really looking forward to the Hornet, though. That'll probably usurp the top spot for me.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk