Cant find enemy contacts on radar

Blackop

Looking for all F-15 veterans out there. On the first mission in the F-15C red flag canpaign where you fly cap for incoming US flights, i was practicing with my radar to kill time. Problem was, those russian flights never showed up on my radar, even tho i had it set to the correct altitude and range.

They were around 50 miles away from me flying at angels 25, but with my radar set to 80 miles, prf at med-hi and my elevation at 0-41000 I did not see them.

Dis I do something wrong or forget something?

They flew under your radar cone. They usually appear east of the FEBA line flying very low. I only spotted them due to using labels for the mission.

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

Ah of course, for some reason I thought of radar as a radar wall coming from the nose, but that makes no sense. When seeing it as a cone I understand what I did wrong, thanks!

And yeah I was able to see them in HI setting. Lets see if I got this right:

-hi prf: long range targets and head on targets.

-hi-med: unknown targets or general scanning.

-med: shorter range and hard maneuvering targets.

Does that seem right?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

You should take the angle off as a reference, anything from 0 to 90 degree is best detected with MED (targets flying away from you) then from 90 to 180 degree is best detected with HI (targets flying towards you). ILV is a hybrid mode capable of detecting at any angle at the expense of a reduced range and detection time.

Keep also in mind that the radar will always have more difficulties detecting targets flying away from it than those flying towards it, hence the reduced detection range. EOS would be a better option in that case.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj