Litening pod causing stutter

Kitsune85

Every time I have a litening pod equiped I am getting stutter/lag of a few seconds every 10-15 seconds. This is regardless of wether the pod is active and displaying imagery on the MFD and what view I'm in. Activating the pod causing no impact on the lag or FPS. Having a maverick seaker active causes a similar problem though not so bad, however in that case it's only when the seaker is active, having a maverick on the pylon does not cause the lag. Has anyone else encountered this and know a soloution?

I am experiencing a reduction in FPS when I have my TGP active. I have also noticed that it is the worst when I use FLIR.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WIN 10, i7-2600K at 3.4ghz, 2x OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD RAID 0, Corsair Vengeance 16GB, Gainward GeForce GTX 590, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Track IR 5 PRO. DCS 1.5.3.52724.74 - DCS 2.0.2.52369

• ED Team

@Kitsune85 what are your system specs, and are you using a HDD or SSD?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name KITTY-PC

System Manufacturer Advent

System Model MS-7728

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.

Processor Intel® Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. E7728-ADVENT.208, 7/19/2011

SMBIOS Version 2.6

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode Legacy

BaseBoard Manufacturer Advent

BaseBoard Model Not Available

BaseBoard Name Base Board

Platform Role Workstation

Secure Boot State Unsupported

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10586.0"

User Name Kitty-PC\Foxy

Time Zone GMT Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 12.0 GB

Available Physical Memory 8.96 GB

Total Virtual Memory 14.4 GB

Available Virtual Memory 11.1 GB

Page File Space 2.37 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

I am using a HDD at the moment but I should have a SSD arriving tomorrow and I'll be transferring DCS to there. It's really weird, it makes no difference if the litening pod is active or not, just hanging it on the pylon causes the stuttering.

Your going to notice a fps hit when using those things. It's as simple as this, the game is loading another picture. It takes resources.

You can experience the same thing in aram3 when any other picture-in-picture item is being rendered.

Now, for how much of a fps hit your taking maybe still a issue.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Some people need to learn the difference between "loading" and "displaying" from memory.

Unless people have too little RAM for all needed textures in memory stuttering should be limited to the first time the texture loads. Most of them load in the first few minutes before take off. The only time you should notice any major stuttering after than is if you view a unit miles away and there are textures to load.

The point is you would be better off buying more memory than an SSD. An SSD is still going to be 1000 times slower than RAM.

Further, does the TGP use different textures or just modify (B/W) the existing ones?

The TGP (and also Maverick) have really bad effects on framerate since quite a time on 1.5 (2.0 seems to be fine). In my case I can almost half the framerate (from 50-60 to 30 and less) in DCS 1.5.

One could argue that it is related to the hardware specs. But, as I said, since the issue is almost non existant on NTTR (DCS 2.0), I am more enclined to something related to the Caucasus map integration into the new graphical engine.

Ha this is interesting FalconPlot16. I didn't notice the correlation with the trees, but now you mention it, it makes sense. There's a lot more of them in Caucasus and they are not realy 3D models such as in NTTR.

trees are really problematic if you get close them then say goodbye to FPS

I was not getting reduced FPS will- , having the pod on the pylon and having the MFD active have no appreciable effect on my FPS, it was simply causing this stuttering every 10-15 seconds. I moved the game onto a SSD and also happened to be upgrading my processor anyway, one of those two fixed the problem. Just thought it was an odd one as I still don't get why having an inactive pod on the wing would cause performance problems.

Understood. I think we all get the same effect. Just not sure how game breaking it maybe for others.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Most of you point to more RAM or switch to SSD. What about upgrading the GPU?

At least in my own case?

Don't know anything about hardware, so I ask if it would help?

Edited by BimC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WIN 10, i7-2600K at 3.4ghz, 2x OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD RAID 0, Corsair Vengeance 16GB, Gainward GeForce GTX 590, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Track IR 5 PRO. DCS 1.5.3.52724.74 - DCS 2.0.2.52369