A-10A and the LAU-61 story... :-)

Thor_HUN

Why not available the LAU-61 rocketpod and the MK-20 clusterbomb for A-10A and A-10C? Formerly we could use this weapons with A-10A from menu. Later I made weapon configs manually, but now, i make a config, and the DCS sometimes install the LAU to A-10A, but usually not.

Wags writes me "Data base reasons and these weapons will no longer be supported." but he didn't tell me, why?

Why can use on the Mirage 2000C the MK-20 and on the A-10A not?

I can't use it, becasuse for example, the LAU-61, is an old rocket pod? In the real world it is being used now. In the new A-10C campaing it is being used now, so why can't I use it? If the answer is the pod is not in service, then the A-10A why exists in the DCS, or, the Mig-21, MiG-15, F-86F, and the other old airplanes and helicopters?

What is the meaning in it, that in the DCS exists the LAU-68 and the LAU-131 rocketpods, with equal properties and the different LAU-61 "will no longer be supported"...

Is it really an impossible request?

Core i5 7500, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, GTX1070 8GB, Logitech G940 - All modules and maps except : CE2 (never... 🙂 )

- Why fight for something that has so little uses? Mk-20 is not very good, specialty when compared to the CBU-97.

- What does the LAU-61 offer over the other rocket pods?

- Or you just want this because you can't have it?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

- Why fight for something that has so little uses? Mk-20 is not very good, specialty when compared to the CBU-97.

- What does the LAU-61 offer over the other rocket pods?

- Or you just want this because you can't have it?

- With my friends, we fly a much fictional missions, which take place in the '80s. In the '80s didn't exists CBU-87 and CBU-97.

- The LAU-68 and LAU-131 carrying 7 rocket, but, the LAU-61 19 rocket.

• Like 1

Core i5 7500, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, GTX1070 8GB, Logitech G940 - All modules and maps except : CE2 (never... 🙂 )

- With my friends, we fly a much fictional missions, which take place in the '80s. In the '80s didn't exists CBU-87 and CBU-97.

- The LAU-68 and LAU-131 carrying 7 rocket, but, the LAU-61 19 rocket.

Well, in the 80, the version of the A-10A we have did not existed either, AFAIK, this is the Low Altitude Safety and Targeting Enhancement (LASTE) version of the A-10A which started in 1990.

There is a plethora of other compromises; from ECM pods to other system not use until 1990, why are this two so significant?

Some interesting PDF (direct PDF links)

On this PDF, you can find a list of some of the A-10 upgrades/updates (among other things) with dates.

IMPROVED ALTIMETER SETTINGS FOR A-10 AIRCRAFT

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 9 months later...

IIRC the Mk-20's had been severely castrated at one point in the patching evolution of DCS 1.5. Our squadron gave up their use on the A-10A because a direct hit would not kill even an unarmored truck. Has this been changed? Do the Mk-20's possess any lethality in the game now? Same question for the CBU-87.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset