[Mi-8MTV2] "Vasilissa the Beautiful" HD Cockpit

Love that we have such talented and generous mod makers here, these cockpits look amazing.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Great pit! Well done! But it is an absolute FPS Killer form me:)

Good to hear you like it but Sry to hear about the FPS issue :huh:, may I ask what version/color of the cockpit are you using and with which map/DCS version?

Good to hear you like it but Sry to hear about the FPS issue :huh:, may I ask what version/color of the cockpit are you using and with which map/DCS version?

I tried the blue one..DCS 1.5 :)

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

I just tried this mod with OB 1.5.4 and it does not work. It locks up dcs whenever I select a Mi 8 mission and the helo is not available as player in ME. Also crashes the ME. Remove mod and all is well.

Anybody else see this? Would love to get this working again.

Thanks

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I tried the blue one..DCS 1.5 :)

I have been playing with the 1.5.3 Steam and tested all of the version with any discernable FPS hits. There might a small hit but I can't really tell the difference. Are many of you experiencing a drastic FPS drop issue?

I just tried this mod with OB 1.5.4 and it does not work. It locks up dcs whenever I select a Mi 8 mission and the helo is not available as player in ME. Also crashes the ME. Remove mod and all is well.

Anybody else see this? Would love to get this working again.

Thanks

Bummer. I'll see what I can do once I get my hands on the 1.5.4 version. Could it be the new IC?:helpsmilie:

Problem solved,

I replaced the mod with a new copy and all is well. It must have gotten corrupted somehow.

Thanks for the offer of help. 1.5.4 has a few small problems, Yet once fixed has some great upgrades and fixes.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hmmm. I can't replicate the problem. I am using Steam 1.5.3 version with Caucasus map (obviously:)). This was a quick test with the instant action mission "Target Practice". I have also checked that the DDS file structures haven't changed and so I don't think that the texturemapping has changed.

Km8wYLz.jpg

In what version does this problem appear and is it persistent in all mission and settings you have tried? Have I misunderstood the problem/issue?

I'l try to do some a bit more testing to see what I can find.

In what version does this problem appear and is it persistent in all mission and settings you have tried?

It appeared after installing the second-to-latest Openbeta patch and is present in all missions regardless of how the chopper is set up when the mission starts (cold start, hot start, airborne, on ramp etc.).

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

OK, I think I found something. Take a look at the numerals and how they differ in v1.5.4.54136:

PS / EDIT: Yah, that was it! Change the order of the numerals in the Cockpit_Mi-8mtv3_dev3.dds file to how they are in the default and the problem is fixed.

PS2 / EDIT: There could be others too. I think some annunciator texts have changed back to Russian as well.

Cockpit_Mi-8mtv3_dev3_ORIG.thumb.png.3d34fad14f8440f6d654fb30b0e539fa.png

Cockpit_Mi-8mtv3_dev3_FRET.thumb.png.3e488f5e111d258205c6ddcebcc8d026.png

Edited by msalama
  • Like 1

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

OK, I think I found something. Take a look at the numerals and how they differ in v1.5.4.54136:

PS / EDIT: Yah, that was it! Change the order of the numerals in the Cockpit_Mi-8mtv3_dev3.dds file to how they are in the default and the problem is fixed.

PS2 / EDIT: There could be others too. I think some annunciator texts have changed back to Russian as well.

Thankthankyou. :bows I was getting somewhat desperate and grayhaired unable to solve this. So they have changed the mapping. I'll get to fixing these ASAP. Might take a short while - I'll have to redo the corresponding files and I am heavily loaded with work for this week

Patch For 1.5.4

Annunciator light issue fixed

R863 numbering corrected

Patch instructions: Copy/extract the content of the zip file into your Vasilisa Blue/Gray/LightGray directory.

Patch1.1.zip

Edited by DirtyFret
  • Like 1

Hi Dirtyfret,

Thanks for this new update for 1.5.4

Once again it's a great job +1

• 4 weeks later...

You're welcome Skullleader my friend.

Files updated/patched, an R863 number alpha channel mismatch corrected (a remnant of solving the previous issue with those same numerals :music_whistling:) .

Please let me know of any issues

P.S. Patched file attached (overwrite existing). So you don't have to DL all of them again

cockpit_mi-8mtv3_dev3.zip

Edited by DirtyFret

• 3 weeks later...

@DirtyFret

İ hope you will touch also huey cockpit some day. especially back office :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...
@DirtyFret

İ hope you will touch also huey cockpit some day. especially back office :D

Who knows. I have a few projects underway including updating and tuning this one so maybe one day I will find time to start with the Huey cockpit textures. ;)

Okay, I have spent the couple last evenings trying to understand the russian cyrillic alphabet, trying to find a suitable font and trying to build a proper workflow for doing a RUS version of this but to no avail.

I tried hand drawing the RUS texts to google translate and then copypasting the digital version to Photoshop in cyrillic font to some success but the workflow was unbearably slow. I mean slow as in "well-see-a-F16-and-AH64-in-DCS-before-this-is-finished"-slow.

I have to admit to myself and to you guys that I can not do the RUS version of this alone so I am asking for help:

If you are literate in both english and russian and are willing to help me (or know someone who could) send me a PM. Photoshop, willingness to spend some time on this and (some) skills are required.

P.S. If someone could help me translate this to russian and point me where to post it in the RUS side I'd be happy also

• 3 months later...

Hi I am trying to fix the broken radio dial that only shows 99,74 etc and using the patch 1.1 in the english and english black liveries all i get on the inside of the mi8 is camo and cant see out the cockpit. Is there a fix for the broken radio dials for the english cockpits?

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf