*SA342 BUG REPORTS*

The_Fragger

I posted this issue in the DCS 2.5 OB Release Bugs thread and have received no replies.

Maybe it's better addressed here. But rather than completely rewriting my post, I attach the following URL.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202980

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this same issue since last week's DCS Update ?

Don't expect a reply here either!

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

After wasting more of my valuable time testing my Default View issues, I have discovered that it is NOT Gazelle specific. I have the same issue with the Huey as well.

The issues are the same in both the Caucus Map and NTTR.

I haven't bothered testing any other aircraft because I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 1 month later...

When co-pilot in multicrew, then leaving slot and rejoining, the camera system is reset (turned off again) instead of "saving" the current camera operation-switches states.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

This one is technically impossible to fullfil.

When co-pilot in multicrew, then leaving slot and rejoining, the camera system is reset (turned off again) instead of "saving" the current camera operation-switches states.

Please give the reason(s), is it a problem with the ED multicrew code? If so I'll gladly report this to ED.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...just wanted to report night vision in VR is not centered in the minigun module latest build 2.51.

Plus any chance of a fix for VR sunvisor/glasses.

Got a fix in double time from Aviodev so heres hoping!!!

Edited by aceviper

You have to center it yourself... nothing is really centered in VR currently (iirc), same with MiG-29, M2000

oh

No biggie but the doors do not close when you auto start,... :)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

2.5.1 Consistent crash

I am having a regular and repeating crash when flying the Gazelle since the 2.5.1 update. I have only been playing online/multiplayer servers. Do not know if single player has this issue. The track file is 22mb, so I have uploaded everything in the dump except that. Please review and hopefully let me know a fix. Thanks!

Crash withouth track.zip

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried the Gazelle Mini-gun for the first time last night in multiplayer and had a few issues. The helicopter was fully started before the co-pilot/gunner entered so there shouldn't be a sync issue. The first couple of times flying a clunk sound was heard from the engine and the helo lost rpm and crashed. This only happened two time and we were able to finally fly on the third try.

The other problem was that neither of us could get the min-gun to fire in MP. No problems firing when the co-pilot exited and the pilot switched seat position to the mini-gun.

Unrelated side note: Would love to see the TV/camera put back in the mini-gun version so it can be used as an effective scout helo with the ability to see targets from a distance while obtaining range and bearing so target coordinates can be passed to strikers.

Unrelated side note: Would love to see the TV/camera put back in the mini-gun version so it can be used as an effective scout helo with the ability to see targets from a distance while obtaining range and bearing so target coordinates can be passed to strikers.

Perhaps the reduced weight/ increased space is used to carry ammunition.

But I'm of the opposite opinion, I'd love to see a mini-gun removable (doors refitted) option for a VIP NATO Inspector transport (hence the flare pods remain) and a substitute for a civil version we will never get for skins/aerobatic use.

However, I suspect the inability to add/remove the door gun player position, depending on loadout, might stop such function.

For recon, there is already the L/Mistral for day use and the M for night.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Perhaps the reduced weight/ increased space is used to carry ammunition.

But I'm of the opposite opinion, I'd love to see a mini-gun removable (doors refitted) option for a VIP NATO Inspector transport (hence the flare pods remain) and a substitute for a civil version we will never get for skins/aerobatic use.

However, I suspect the inability to add/remove the door gun player position, depending on loadout, might stop such function.

For recon, there is already the L/Mistral for day use and the M for night.

Yes a removable mini gun and gunner that should save another maybe 200KG but no doors thanks that's gotta be good for another 15KG, besides that view makes the immersion in VR especially from the left seat fantastic. ;)

So could the minigun and gunner be a loadout selection in the mission builder?

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Not sure why you could not kill trucks with the minigun

The vehicle in question is the Russian unarmed "APC Tigr 233036"

It isn't harmed by the minigun and I didn't see any hits registered in DCS's after battle log, although Tacview recorded lots (might be normal for 7.62/Minigun vs armor ?).

attachment.php?attachmentid=184002&stc=1&d=1525666571

It dies to the L's cannon or rockets, so isn't invincible but adjusting it's damage model (if necessary) is probably out of scope for Polychop.

attachment.php?attachmentid=184003&stc=1&d=1525666571

Note: the Huey Minigun quickly (60-120 rounds) destroys the APC Tigr, so there is definitely an inconsistancy between helicopters/weapons.

495125017_APCTigr233036takesnodamagefromMinigunScreen_180507_035826.jpg.9d335a26bd0a5b64ac46c4a917cce8cf.jpg

1493440942_APCTigr233036takesdamagefromLgunandrocketsScreen_180507_044124.thumb.jpg.2cadedfe65c255e96c465153b571b4f6.jpg

Edited by Ramsay
Test Huey Minigun vs APC Tigr

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080