*SA342 BUG REPORTS*

The_Fragger

Regardless of whether the bug comes from DCS or Polychop, the important thing is that it be taken into account and resolved in the next update, let’s say as soon as possible. It is really crippling not to know by whom or what one is threatened or even descended.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone.

I'm sorry to inform You that the last update didn't fix the lasing issue. When I'm lasing, no matter what the distance between the target & the aircraft, I always got 130 on the TV screen.

Regards

What map? It is working perfectly for me

Chinook lover - Rober -

• 1 month later...

NADIR coordinates wrong

Open Beta 2.5.6.59398

I enter the coordinates of the famous old cross-shaped runway  between Kobuleti and Batumi frequently used for firing practice into the NADIR and try to follow the arrow in he HSI. However it does not lead me to the correct location. When I am at the correct location the Nav system tells me I am 4km away from my waypoint.

Gazelle was a hot start, track attached.

GazelleNADIRbroken.trk

18 hours ago, Donglr said:

NADIR coordinates wrong

I enter the coordinates of the famous old cross-shaped runway  between Kobuleti and Batumi frequently used for firing practice into the NADIR and try to follow the arrow in he HSI. However it does not lead me to the correct location. When I am at the correct location the Nav system tells me I am 4km away from my waypoint.

TL;DR:

You entered the wrong co-ordinates (unless the track played back incorrectly).

Detail:

Unfortunately the flight didn't play back correctly but before takeoff you seemed to measure position using DMS (Degrees Minutes Seconds) and enter it into the NADIR without converting it to DDM (Degrees Decimal Minutes), also the entered Easting was 3.5' off (likely a simple error or miskey/typo).

As you measured in the replay

41° 50' 34" N

41° 47' 51" E

As you entered in the replay

41° 50.4' N

41° 44.4 E

jb84AvH.jpg

Testing in DCS Open Beta 2.5.6.59398,

I zoomed into the airfield and measured

41° 50' 31" N = 41° 50.5' N

41° 47' 52" E = 41° 47.9' E

and had no issues

qp6OSod.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

11 hours ago, Ramsay said:

TL;DR:

You entered the wrong co-ordinates (unless the track played back incorrectly).

[...]

First I though I was stupid. Twice actually, because I initially experienced this problem on a multiplayer server. Then I re-did this dedicated test and got a similar problem. So inputting the wrong coordinates twice would be kind of embarrassing.

However, the fault seems to lie deeper.

Firstly, I did not forget to use DDMM.MM format. I do not know if this is because the replay did not for for you correctly, but my F10 is set to the decimal minutes format. I fly the Gazelle every day recently and input coordinates every flight. It worked fine until the latest patch.  If you see me reading DDMMSS then this is a replay issue.

Secondly, you are correct, I typed in the wrong easting, 44 instead of 47. However, there is something else wrong as well which I discovered when trying again. Check this screenshot. My cursor is on my plane, in the top left it shows am 45 minute easting, in the bottom left however it shows a 47 minute easting for my current position. So I think even though mistyping the coordinates in my initial replay, I am not a complete fool, something in fishy. And I had a suspicion....

So I flew this another time, this time in 2D. Usually I am a VR pilot. And voila (no, I am not French), this time it worked and the coordinates in the F10 view actually match. Check the second screenshot. This does not seem to be the only VR issue with the F10 map, as you can see in the 3rd shot, the measurement line, while still dragging it, does not end and the mouse cursor. This also only appeared with the latest OB update.

I tried it with the Huey: same issue, easting is off by ~2 minutes, but only in VR. I guess I will have to move my complaint to the general DCS bug forum..

But thank you for having a look into that issue. This way we discovered something wrong.

Screen_201222_171639.png

Screen_201222_173944.png

Screen_201222_170834.png

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, flyingscotsman said:

... my Gazelle flies for about 2-3 minutes then the engine winds down and I'm heading for the ground ... has anyone else had this.

I haven't seen that and testing in a quick SA-342M MP flight (4 HOT3, 65% Fuel, Cruise 70% TQ) on the "4YA_Syria_Capture_Bases_BLUE_v28A" PvE training server - I flew for 45 minutes without issue.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Gazelle - 4 HOT3 and 100% fuel will put you over weight and the high torque load will quickly destroy the engine/clutch/gearbox.

The same is true for the centrifugal clutch if you don't allow enough time for the Rotor and Engine needles to slowly sync when engaging the fuel flow lever i.e. the needles must have sync'ed between 27-34,000 RPM, BEFORE slowly moving the fuel flow lever to Full.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 4 months later...
On 6/19/2021 at 3:54 PM, bo105s said:

Since version 2.7 I can no longer get into auto-hover mode, although I adhere to all parameters. I'm flying in the open beta. Does anyone else have the problem?

If you have the fuel lever assigned to a physical axis, make sure it is getting to the 100%

• Like 1

Chinook lover - Rober -

vor 11 Stunden schrieb swatstar98:

If you have the fuel lever assigned to a physical axis, make sure it is getting to the 100%

Thank you very much, that was the problem. Now I'm getting back into auto-hover mode. I have acquired a collective and it still has two throttle axes. I guess I have to recalibrate these axes.

3 hours ago, bo105s said:

I guess I have to recalibrate these axes.

AFAIK setting dead zones near the top and bottom of the Fuel Control's axis should be good enough i.e. Slider checked, deadzone = 5, Saturation X = 95

Gazelle Fuel Control Lever Assigned to an axis, Screen_210621_153601.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RealDCSpilot said:

HOT3 missiles don't rotate for self-stabilization (since 2016).

This was fixed in one of the recent ED updates, do you bother to check DCS before posting ?

Tested  Open Beta 2.7.2.7910, Single Player, Caucasus map.

https://youtu.be/u7DykwYQ7bQ

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Ramsay said:

do you bother to check DCS before posting

Actually no, the Gazelle collects dust since 2016. I only check it once a year, but only to realize that most of the issues aren't fixed. I only came here because i watched the Shturm missile in the excellent first release of the Mi-24P is behaving correctly and remembered that the HOT3 was floating by magic for 5 years.
I'm happy it works for you now.

Edited by RealDCSpilot
  • Like 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2021 at 11:54 AM, bo105s said:

Since version 2.7 I can no longer get into auto-hover mode, although I adhere to all parameters. I'm flying in the open beta. Does anyone else have the problem?

Yes. Same problem here. Last version. Rapair dcs maybe?

Auto hover not working.

Works starting from the air.

And starting hot in ramp.

• 1 month later...