*SA342 BUG REPORTS*

The_Fragger

a Uh-1 with a autohover can be more effectiive then this :(

where to start

the auto hover only engages sometimes

when you press auto collective in a hover it 1 ither kills you or doesnt work at all

its max speed with 4 hots is around 150 kmph again a uh-1 is like twice as fast then it with a full loadout

great release................................ not

And where is the bug?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

For auto-hover to engage the following parameters need to be met:

Speed - less then 18km/h

Pitch - less then 30 degrees

VVI - less then 120 meters per second if I recall correctly.

Otherwise it won't turn on.

If your going to turn off auto-collective, make sure your collective is up to the level it was when it was hovering. Otherwise you'll drop pretty quickly.

And remember there are vast differences between this helicopter and the Huey. The huey is wider and has a bigger engine. The Gazelle is a "light" helicopter that is very narrow compared to most.

where to start

when you press auto collective in a hover it 1 ither kills you or doesnt work at all

its max speed with 4 hots is around 150 kmph again a uh-1 is like twice as fast then it with a full loadout

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Textures bugs:

BE625971E6791127A2594DBC3B7F2B4AE8A3C3D8

F673CE379F99ADC953DF5F483C03E922947E4FC4

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

where to start

Another example of not researching something before buying. Better read up on the Gazelle before you embarrass yourself some more. :book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

where to start

You do realize the Huey has a more powerful engine than the Gazelle when it comes to speed with loadouts? Of course it'll be faster. It's barely day 2 release of an OPEN BETA and you're already throwing a fit because it's to hard for you. Get Good.

Other than that tangent, when it comes to bugs:

1. Had a bit of an issue with keybindings not being able to be switched.

2. Have crashed into buildings multiple times and survived miraculously.

3. Random breakage occurs when spawning (Either the tail breaks, or the whole chopper explodes)

4. Some switches are not turned on when using the "cheat" startup sequence. Mostly has been the Attitude Indicator.

5. Not sure if a bug, but sometimes tight turns can cause instant G-Lock.

Love this aircraft keep up the work! :) :thumbup:

Not really a bug, most of the things I've noticed have already been mentioned, but I'd like to bind the sunvisor to a button on my HOTAS. This does not seem to be possible.

Loving it very much btw!

• ED Team

thread cleaned.

Guys if you see profanity and personal insults in a thread use the report function on the bottom left of the post.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

From the manual:

"The SA-342M1 Gazelle uses the TURBOMECA Astazou XIV Tuboprop engine, which directly comes from the Astazou II engine, used on the Aerospatiale Alouette Helicopter. Developing up to 870 hp, this engine is perfectly fitted on the Gazelle. Considering its very lightweight, the standard helicopter version, without HOT3 and Viviane sighting system, is able to reach a VNE of 310km/h.

Unfortunately, on the SA-342M1 Viviane version, the rotor blades choice allows a more important take-off mass but decreases the Vne to 280km/h, and the helicopter will hardly reach a maximal forward flight speed of 180 to 200km/h."

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I just tried a quick flight over Groom Lake, starting at 2000 m and 200 km/h.

I came to a stop and tried to get into VRS... much to my surprise, I didn't notice VRS at all: the rotor didn't overspeed, and I was falling at about 70 km/h. When I got close to the ground, I simply pulled the collective and stopped the descent.

The only way I got the rotor to somewhat overspeed was to autorotate, but even then the alarm only sounds a second or 2 at a time, while my collective is at zero and I try my best descending vertically.

• ED Team
roof seems to be somewhat transparent - sun is coming threw upper panel. screen attached

dcs issue not Gazelle, already reported. Thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There seems to be no option to set the collective to a button or key or am I just retarded cause I could not find any besides in the axis tabs.

I think you are right. Axis can't be assigned to the keyboard (at least I haven't found a way to do so), which makes the Gazelle impossible to fly for me with my 3 axis old-school joystick (Logitech Attack 3). I think we have to wait until axis can be mapped to the keyboard as well.

Hello everybody ,

thx all the team for this tremendous work !

I saw in the FAQ that the force feedback "won t be fully implemented yet" ..aparently i do not have any force feedback effect at all even return to center so i play with my warthog instead of the sidewinder FFB2 so is that normal for the moment ?

I noticed that the rotor turns considerably slower than it should (tops out at ~180 RPM) - is this by design or might this be fixed at some point? Might just be me, but it stands out next to other helicopters, especially at higher frame rates.

• ED Team
Hi all !

I don't know if it does the same to you, but for me the cockpit views (pilot and TOW operator) shake as hell

not seeing that myself.

check your controls options for conflicts in the view category

A minor bug.

NADIR / UHF Radio keybinding:

Number key bindings With the NADIR and UHF are mixed up, so that "SA324 5" cannot be bound to NADIR and "SA324 4" seems to bind actually to the number 5 on the NADIR keys.

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

I've only spent a half hour in her so far and started up a couple of times, hover taxied and landed but thus far;

1. A couple of times I've started up and the instrument panel is shaking slightly as soon as I turn the battery on
  2. Engine starter doesn't always start after waiting for run up, sometimes requires 2 clicks
  3. Cyclic inputs have no effect on the ground resulting in uncontrollable movement when light on the skids
  4. Doesn't seem to generate any or much in ground effect?
  5. Controls are way too sensitive
  6. Gentle run on landings on anything other than a runway at low speed such as 20kmph, 50 ft/min descent = death

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

not seeing that myself.

Really? Checked for conflicts and have tried it with both TIR and without. The effect is linked to rotor RPM, not present when aircraft is on the ground and cold, then builds as rotor rpm increases, it also increases with flight through transition.

It's designed i'm guessing, to give haptic feedback for sensations that you can't experience as your bum is not in the seat. But it also seems to effect the actual cockpit view camera slightly as well as shake the panel.

It's a cool effect, but overdone slightly. I didn't experience this sharp vibration in the Gazelle on the few flights that I had in it.

It's been noted in the enhancements thread, so not really a big, just more a slight overcooking of an effect. Perhaps give users an option to control it, as combined with the stroboscopic rotor shadow it gives me a raging headache after about 10 minutes and I have to stop flying. Either that or disconnect the vibration from the camera and vibrate the panel instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

where to start

This is mostly possible because the uh1h does not have any load depended engine limits modelled. Try to keep the EGT at ~610°C and fly fully loaded, you will see no 220km/h at all.

Bug: The battery does not drain at all. (see here

)