*SA342 BUG REPORTS*

The_Fragger

In response to the VRS bug that you think you see, I can confirm that VRS does happen. I would also like to know what you assume VRS has to do with autorotation and rotor speed?

VRS is as far as I am aware simply the situation that arises when your rotor disk enters the down wash turbulence because your rate of descent is too high when entering a hover, and lift is drastically reduced as a result. The lack of aerodynamic effects in regard to rotor over speed would seem to me to be a natural outcome of VRS state. To successfully autorotate you need forward momentum to be maintained specifically to stay out of the disturbed down washing air to maintain rotor speed. I think one will negate the other.

It would be interesting to know what behaviour we ought to be able to expect of course, but we need to try to be scientific in our approach to bugs all the same, and I have a feeling this is just confusion on your part perhaps?

In response to the VRS bug that you think you see, I can confirm that VRS does happen. I would also like to know what you assume VRS has to do with autorotation and rotor speed?

VRS is as far as I am aware simply the situation that arises when your rotor disk enters the down wash turbulence because your rate of descent is too high when entering a hover, and lift is drastically reduced as a result. The lack of aerodynamic effects in regard to rotor over speed would seem to me to be a natural outcome of VRS state. To successfully autorotate you need forward momentum to be maintained specifically to stay out of the disturbed down washing air to maintain rotor speed. I think one will negate the other.

It would be interesting to know what behaviour we ought to be able to expect of course, but we need to try to be scientific in our approach to bugs all the same, and I have a feeling this is just confusion on your part perhaps?

VRS and the way the rotor is driven during autorotations are two completely different things.

You need three factors to get into VRS:

1. Low airspeed (roughly at orbelow ETL)

2. A rate of descent

3. Power applied.

All three factors need to be present in order to get VRS or settling with power. Thats why in an autorotation with low airspeed, or with the collective all the way down you are not in a VRS (no power applied).

Also you will not get in VRS if you still have a lot of forward airspeed.

To get out of VRS you need a reduction in power and/or get airspeed (either forward or left or right to move out of the "dirty" air colum)

How the rotor is responding in an autorotation or when you dump the collective and pull aft cyclic is still being worked on (increase or decrease of RPM in regards to your conrol inputs).

Edited by Xtrasensory

http://1stcavdiv.conceptbb.com/

229th Air Cav, D Coy, Gunships

Exactly as I thought Xtrasensory. I was referring to this post from earlier:

I just tried a quick flight over Groom Lake, starting at 2000 m and 200 km/h.

I came to a stop and tried to get into VRS... much to my surprise, I didn't notice VRS at all: the rotor didn't overspeed, and I was falling at about 70 km/h. When I got close to the ground, I simply pulled the collective and stopped the descent.

The only way I got the rotor to somewhat overspeed was to autorotate, but even then the alarm only sounds a second or 2 at a time, while my collective is at zero and I try my best descending vertically.

I should have quoted it the first time.

As I said however, in the situation I tested, I had very little speed (oscillating between positive and negative, and well below ETL speed), and managed to stop the descent by simply pulling collective - this should be a recipe for VRS, but that was enough to recover.

There have been other situations where I did encounter VRS, mostly when coming for an approach. More testing is required, I guess.

As I said however, in the situation I tested, I had very little speed (oscillating between positive and negative, and well below ETL speed), and managed to stop the descent by simply pulling collective - this should be a recipe for VRS, but that was enough to recover.

There have been other situations where I did encounter VRS, mostly when coming for an approach. More testing is required, I guess.

Ah thought you said you descended with 70km/h. Will check. You are right that you should see the rotor RPM increase if you just dump the collective. Still that is not a VRS. That will come in play as soon as you start to pull collective to arrest your descent.

Edited by Xtrasensory

http://1stcavdiv.conceptbb.com/

229th Air Cav, D Coy, Gunships

TV - big frame rate hit

I've noticed that I get a very big frame rate hit with the targeting tv screen turned on. Typically, I see a drop from a steady 80+ (with vsync off) frame rate down to 40, whatever part of the map I'm flying in.

My specs are:

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus MB with 16gb Ram @ 3000Hz, GTX980 GPU.

I usually use vsync which locks my frame rate @ 60 and it never drops below with everything maxed out. However, the TV makes it plummet.

Any one else seeing this?

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

I've noticed that I get a very big frame rate hit with the targeting tv screen turned on. Typically, I see a drop from a steady 80+ (with vsync off) frame rate down to 40, whatever part of the map I'm flying in.

PiP allways has a big mpact on the framerate. You can reduce the PiP resolution in the options

Trim On/Off (on main panel) keybinding is missing.

Not a bug but all buttons (battery, alt, gen and so on) are momentary.

It's impossible to map it to x55 or similar.

Edited by giei

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

A small feedback to the Weapons training mission:

1. There is no mention of the laser range finder (Doesn't prevent you from firing, but one should know the range prior to firing). I think it is an important step in the firing sequence and should be in the lesson.

2. I would add a note regarding the button covers on the laser and fire buttons (I couldn't understand at the beginning why the space key and my joystick bind key were not launching a missile).

Love your product,

Thank you very much :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

1) Targeting system knows if target is in range or not without using the laser and gives shoot queue accordingly.

2) HOT3 can not be deliberately fired at targets out of range but still within valid fire arc (possible bug, not sure).

3) HOT3 doesn't spin in flight

4) HOT3 is laser beam precise after cable is cut, allowing for pinpoint strikes far beyond the theoretical max range by aiming at a closer target and then slewing to a target much further away.

• Like 1

a Uh-1 with a autohover can be more effectiive then this :(

where to start

the auto hover only engages sometimes

when you press auto collective in a hover it 1 ither kills you or doesnt work at all

its max speed with 4 hots is around 150 kmph again a uh-1 is like twice as fast then it with a full loadout

great release................................ not

Learn it before starting to complain that it doesn't work.

Auto hover works like a charm.

Maybe someone already encountered it, too.

I damaged my main and secondary rotor and tried to use the repair functionality.

Everything fine until repairs started, the chopper lifted, glitched upside down and landed on its roof, pilot blacked out and then the whole chopper started to burn - I was doing it in MP.

I've found one. And it's a fatal one.

here :

Boris have a right middle finger where it should be a right thumb

attachment.php?attachmentid=139882&stc=1&d=1462134659

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Good job Polychop

I use force feedback 2 for the cyclic but is there no action with the gazelle

If i take an helicopter mi8 or ka50 or huey in same mission it is good but not with the gazelle

It is possible to have a input for the brigtness and contrast for the tv ? I have no see it in input option

Thank's

Ya seems on the starter switch you have to hold it with mouse for a second to get it to start up. If you click it fast it just moves and doesn't start the turbine it is glitchy for me aswell.

The nerd in me would also like to see real battery drain if you failed the start or something.

maybe you clicked to soon, you have to wait 20 sec. after fuelpump engage

lg Markus

The ball is bugged; it is being affected by wind. First screenshot shows flying level into wind with no sideslip (either by the string or ball). Second screenshot shows flying crosswind. Helo is still level, still no side slip (as shown by the string) but the ball is pegged to the side. It should be centred the same as the first screenshot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=139933&stc=1&d=1462181748

attachment.php?attachmentid=139932&stc=1&d=1462181748

Screen_160502_102642.thumb.jpg.60b40df67ee1e026e84edf8ff62123ee.jpg

Screen_160502_102802.thumb.jpg.8bae0678ce5bd399cf88b391c4b903a0.jpg

The ball is bugged; it is being affected by wind. First screenshot shows flying level into wind with no sideslip (either by the string or ball). Second screenshot shows flying crosswind. Helo is still level, still no side slip (as shown by the string) but the ball is pegged to the side. It should be centred the same as the first screenshot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=139933&stc=1&d=1462181748

attachment.php?attachmentid=139932&stc=1&d=1462181748

you flying with 200 kmh, try at slow speed

lg Markus