** Enhancement Thread **

Mt5_Roie

+1 It's good implemented in other three heli in DCS World, they are not shaking all the time.

Another +1

Also, please leave the world alone. The cockpit can shake, but not the horizon. My eyes aren't mounted to the airframe. Thank you! :thumbup:

My humble rig: Windows 10 pro 64bit; i7-6700k on Gigabyte Z170X G7; 32GB; MSI 980ti Twin Frozr; 512GB Samsung 950 Pro (NVMe/PCIe x4); 1TB Samsung 850 Pro; Komplete Audio 6; TrackIR 5 Pro;

DCS 2.5 with almost all modules; favourites: Shark, Mi-8, Harrier, Viggen, Mirage, Hornet

Could you improve gauges textures? Because at this very moment they are probably the worst in DCS World. Even gauges textures of the oldest module Ka-50 looks better and smoother, not to mention A-10C. Some pics for comparison:

Are you aware that has nothing to do with "textures"? It is the polygonal representation of a circle.

The same can be seen in every round shape, to a certain point where you use "enough" polygons to trick the eye.

As polygon count directly impacts graphics performance, a modeler basically has two options to keep an acceptable framerate. Compromise "roundness" to a point where you need to zoom in and search for polygon corners or reduce the overall objects modeled, so leave out elements in the cockpit completely.

The funny thing is, it took me quite a while zooming into your screens to even get what you mean. Then I looked closer and all the other gauges you showed (A-10C, Ka50 and UH-1H) naturally show the same, just there it is more noticable on the bottom part of the ring...

In my opinion especially the readability of the instruments in the Gazelle is incredible compared to the Huey for example. Even at high resolutions they are tack sharp and actually readable without zooming in.

Whereas in the Huey, I usually judge the needle position and "remember" which value is at what position, as I can't really read it, without "leaning/zooming in"...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Another +1

Also, please leave the world alone. The cockpit can shake, but not the horizon. My eyes aren't mounted to the airframe. Thank you! :thumbup:

++1

this and the combination of low framerates is giving me a headache :cry:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give OH-6 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I'd like the option of a RUDDER TRIMMER as found in the special tab of the UH-1H/Mi-8MTV2 for those of us using a twist joystick for rudder/yaw control.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Are you aware that has nothing to do with "textures"? It is the polygonal representation of a circle.

The same can be seen in every round shape, to a certain point where you use "enough" polygons to trick the eye.

As polygon count directly impacts graphics performance, a modeler basically has two options to keep an acceptable framerate. Compromise "roundness" to a point where you need to zoom in and search for polygon corners or reduce the overall objects modeled, so leave out elements in the cockpit completely.

The funny thing is, it took me quite a while zooming into your screens to even get what you mean. Then I looked closer and all the other gauges you showed (A-10C, Ka50 and UH-1H) naturally show the same, just there it is more noticable on the bottom part of the ring...

In my opinion especially the readability of the instruments in the Gazelle is incredible compared to the Huey for example. Even at high resolutions they are tack sharp and actually readable without zooming in.

Whereas in the Huey, I usually judge the needle position and "remember" which value is at what position, as I can't really read it, without "leaning/zooming in"...

Thanks for the hint. So obviously I really meant "polygonal representation of a circle", just didn't not know how it's called.

The fact is that in no other aircraft that "polygonal representation of a circle" of the gauges don't strike my eye such as in Gazelle. Firstly I noticed that in manual and now I can observe it all the time). In the A-10C which has five years now (or Huey or others) I couldn't notice these polygons even when higher zoomed in (or could barely see but not such noticeably). The readability in Gazelle is really good. But I think the developers could add a few more polygons to that gauges, they worth that)

Edited by unbreakable

Windows 10/ I5-4690K/ Asus Z97-A/ Asus GTX 970/ 16 Gb DDR3 1600MHz/ 1920*1080 / TrackIR 5/ Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog/ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Let's see. It pretty much depends on the actual impact. I remember a comment about a suggestion for max polygons per model from ED to handle the impact on performance.

If they can add this with an acceptable fps-hit, why not...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

From depth and Texture quality the Gazelle is much far a head then ka-50 the oldest model, you can read most things without zoom in, where in the ka-50 sometimes on the old panels to the right you have to stick your head in the consol to read something ADF for example.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Going to have a look at. On polygonal side, keep in mind that we have 2 seats here compared to the A-10C and the KA-50. The more polygons /triangles the lower the frame rate ;)

Not everyone have a high end PC. We need to cover that

Could you improve gauges textures(actually I meant "polygonal representation of a circle")? Because at this very moment they are probably the worst in DCS World. Even gauges textures of the oldest module Ka-50 looks better and smoother, not to mention A-10C. Some pics for comparison:

Edited by The_Fragger

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Mi-8 has 3 seats :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

This module needs option to turn off image vibration - camera shake in cockpit, please. Just to save real eyes of virtual pilots. Shake is needed when heli goes from hover to flight, from flight to hover, in vortex ring state. At least we need some reducing of cockpit shaking.

P.S. By the way - Gazelle is good module, thank you.

This is definitely needed. If you fly the gazelle for too long, your real-life vision goes blurry for a while. Need an option to turn the continuous shaking off, or really, just nuke it.

From depth and Texture quality the Gazelle is much far a head then ka-50 the oldest model, you can read most things without zoom in, where in the ka-50 sometimes on the old panels to the right you have to stick your head in the consol to read something ADF for example.

Try HD mods for Ka50 pit, it increases greatly readability. But you're true. Except you have not to forget that computers power, specificaly on video ram, has increased significantly since first BS... more HD textures means more VRAM and calculations.

It is true anyway SA342 has a great impact on FPS and hope it could be better.

Yes :) It also have a huge amount of switches and 3 guys which eat Triangles.

Mi-8 has 3 seats :)

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Seems like there's a rotary for the right side of the Video Control Box that would control UV lighting for its control labels, but is not clickable and doesn't seem to work.

An option like the Huey's Central Position Trimmer Mode, so that if you are using Magnetic Trim, you can not flip out every time you press T if you don't return the stick to neutral fast enough.

Edited by anasithera

- option to disable simulation of engine blowing up upon violent collective changes (I believe rotor/engine desync simulation)

Hello Polychop, I am enjoying your product. However, I cannot fly any prolonged missions yet. The reason for this seems to be the fact that the engine will be killed by too sudden collective movements. While this is a very nice level of detail, it makes it borderline unplayable for players with bad/cheap throttle units. Since mine becomes de-calibrated after a while, the axis tends to jump around a bit. This is no problem in the Huey or the Ka50, because they don't have engines that blow up on when your collective twitches a bit, but it very much is here. It is very annoying to be flying around, making a small adjustment to the collective, which causes a split-second jump, and fall out of the sky completely unexpectedly. Very infuriating.

Now, it could be that this is all due to some other aerodynamic or engine management phenomenon, but I'm pretty sure it isn't as it happens during all flight regimes and even with the tiniest adjustments.

The easiest fix to me would seem to simply give us the option disable this simulation. (I believe it is engine/rotor desync simulation) This would make it playable for people with lesser set-ups, who can't really do anything about it other than buying a new throttle unit. (you can't really apply dead-zones to the collective)

I appreciate enormously that you guys pay so much attention to detail and realism, but I'd also really enjoy being able to fly the module with less than ideal equipment by working around specific crippling accuracy limitations such as this.

Yes :) It also have a huge amount of switches and 3 guys which eat Triangles.

True and (for me) has decent performance. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

From my thread in the main area:

could we have an option to auto trim the stick (and pedals) to the autohover position. I'm assuming the stick and pedals would be moved into their real locations in the real bird.

This would make our lives as virtual pilots far more pleasurable.

Thanks!

Key binds for weapons panel on/off day/night switch

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 weeks later...

Nice chopper, but any chance to have an unweaponised version down the track?

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Nice chopper, but any chance to have an unweaponised version down the track?

This is Digital COMBAT simulator, no? :-) ED has done such a good job, they're stealing the civilian flight sim crowd.

• Like 1

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Pilot bodies cycle is nice addition but needs a tweak

currently can't have only my pilot body showing

Current cycle is

Both, none, Commander only - pilot body invisible

needs to be

Both, none, pilot only - Commander invisible, Commander only - pilot body invisible)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

This is Digital COMBAT simulator, no? :-) ED has done such a good job, they're stealing the civilian flight sim crowd.

If I *wanted* to fly purely civilian I'd fire up x-plane which in some respects is much more developed than DCS. Its helicopter modeling is quite complete as well, but I want to fly combat support roles in a hostile environment which is why I want DCS to be more complete in meeting it's stated aim of being a *sandbox* sim.

Unweaponised aircraft fly in combat environments all the time! At least that's been my personal experience; I've never been transported ANYWHERE in a gunship and I've NEVER jumped from a fighter, so I don't know what your experience has been but I'm 100% certain that it wasn't in an environment where the only things that flew were dedicated combat aircraft.

I sincerely hope that people start to broaden their concept of what constitutes the role of aviation in conflict ... and stop (vociferously!) expecting everyone to play in a DCS World recreating their favourite Top Gun fantasy ad nauseum. :smilewink:

*That* is what cheapens the DCS experience ... NOT unweaponised airplanes.

I have bought this module and look forward to the refinements to it's FM; but my question is still unanswered. @Poly_Phil - Is there a likelihood of an unweaponised version to be added in the future?

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

So are you referring to a model with just the TV system, but no weapons - or the civilian version with no tv and camera?

I have bought this module and look forward to the refinements to it's FM; but my question is still unanswered. @Poly_Phil - Is there a likelihood of an unweaponised version to be added in the future?

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester