** Enhancement Thread **

Mt5_Roie

I´ve flown a bit today and was shocked how dirty the cockpit glass was :helpsmilie: Any chance for a cleaner version?
+1
+1 :thumbup:

Here. Please check my mod; DCS: SA342 Gazelle Clean Windows. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Actually windows are fine.

I've never noticed until Golani's post. :) :P

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

From Commander seat, ability to reveal/hide the Gazelle when in autohover behind cover. Pressing a button or key gives the (AI) pilot order to raise or lower the helicopter a few meters.

Inspiration:

+1

That would be awesome in SP!!! Even better a simple raise/lower by 2m command, so you can better control the hover as with a real pilot?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

Are the weapon systems going to be modular at some point?

The ability to swap out this for that, would go a long way to stretch the limited weapons available.

I get that the hot needs the big scope but the rockets and machine gun and mistrals would be great.

Keep up the good work, love the little chopper now that she doesn't want to kill me when I turn or land.

Hello,

According to a veteran "old timer" on french checksix forums, the nadir polar system has other features, much more simple ( ie display distance and heading betwenn two waypoints, modify directly these rho and theta to change the second point, with direct display of coordinates in utm and lat/long.)

This is supported by docs

Could you have a look? ( or perhaps this is already being developed?)

Anyway, polar or not, gazelle is fantastic animal, thanks to Polychop team,

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yesterday and today I fiddled with some simple missions. I do not own Gazelle, but I had included them as AI flights. And I noticed couple of things which could be improved and add to immersiveness, ie. realism.

Situation #1: Flight of 4 Gazelles performs cold start from FARP. Their rotors start turning at the exact same moment, and in sync. I tried varying skill levels within one single flight, with leader being of Excellent skill to #4 being of Poor skill, but result is the same.

Suggestion: Even within same skill setting, it would be beneficial to include some slight randomness, for instance 2, 3 or 4 second variation of start up sequence duration. Surely, lower skill AI should take longer to start a helicopter and perform other tasks. BTW, I believe that feature like this should be employed on all vehicles/planes/helicopters within DCS.

Situation #2: Just to inspect damage model, I shot a short burst at AI Gazelle, and ripped her tail off. To be more precise, Fenestron and vertical stabilizer, just behind vertical stabilizers. The same thing happened couple of times due to mid-air collisions of AI helicopters. Result: None. AI helicopters continued to fly, follow waypoints, turn and land like nothing had happened. With additional damage, ie. ripping of the entire tail section, helicopters just plummet to the ground, with minimal rotation and such.

Suggestion: She would benefit from flight model/physics improvements.

Suggested enhancement:

I'd love to see the Gazelle modules combined into a single SA-342.

For the most part they share avionics besides the targeting capabilities. With EFM, weights could be adjusted. Alter the cockpit avionics using visibility arguments in 3DS, so that based on which weapons we choose to load on the pylons, the cockpit auto-configures itself when you re-arm.

As it is, gazelle competes for already crowded spawn slots in multiplayer, and having 4-6 generic SA-342s available that could be configured however we choose, versus being forced to 1 or 2 of each variant hard-coded, would be a nice enhancement.

--gos

Suggested enhancement:

I'd love to see the Gazelle modules combined into a single SA-342.

For the most part they share avionics besides the targeting capabilities. With EFM, weights could be adjusted. Alter the cockpit avionics using visibility arguments in 3DS, so that based on which weapons we choose to load on the pylons, the cockpit auto-configures itself when you re-arm.

As it is, gazelle competes for already crowded spawn slots in multiplayer, and having 4-6 generic SA-342s available that could be configured however we choose, versus being forced to 1 or 2 of each variant hard-coded, would be a nice enhancement.

--gos

Good point, but I would salute anyone who's been able to dispatch tanks in MP with the 342L. :yes: Otherwise the choice for many I guess will always be a HOT carrying Gazelle, unless we get smoke rockets.

Good point, but I would salute anyone who's been able to dispatch tanks in MP with the 342L. :yes: Otherwise the choice for many I guess will always be a HOT carrying Gazelle, unless we get smoke rockets.

Very true. However, as it stands today, if you approach a threat and realize your 342L isn't going to work, you have to go back to spectator then hopefully switch into an empty 342M slot.

Versus the ability to just fly back and re-arm.

Very true. However, as it stands today, if you approach a threat and realize your 342L isn't going to work, you have to go back to spectator then hopefully switch into an empty 342M slot.

Versus the ability to just fly back and re-arm.

You are aware, that "just rearm" would mean to strip some panels and their wiring, put them back in with the gun/rocket controls, replace the pylons, dismount the Viviane and mount an Athena, cable everything to the panels, make a full check of all systems, including a check flight and then(!) you can rejoin the fight... Given it would take more than just a FARP to do this work, it likely would take the better part of a workday to do it... :D

The difficulty is to swap the cockpits, while you have them loaded and active in the Sim. You need to go back to the Menu/MP-Lobby, unload the cockpit and load the new one.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You are aware, that "just rearm" would mean to strip some panels and their wiring, put them back in with the gun/rocket controls, replace the pylons, dismount the Viviane and mount an Athena, cable everything to the panels, make a full check of all systems, including a check flight and then(!) you can rejoin the fight... Given it would take more than just a FARP to do this work, it likely would take the better part of a workday to do it... :D

The difficulty is to swap the cockpits, while you have them loaded and active in the Sim. You need to go back to the Menu/MP-Lobby, unload the cockpit and load the new one.

Yes, I know what it'd be in real life. =P

Hence my original idea to merge the cockpits, and just use animation parameters to hide elements depending on which weapons are loaded.

The maintainers in the game are amazing, though. In exactly three minutes they can repair the surfaces and avionics of a completely shot-up aircraft. Switching a few panels and optics should be a breeze! :D

In all seriousness, I like the idea of allowing the choice of version in the mission, provided the mission builder has the option to restrict the selection to the current variant, especially in missions where threats are spawned based on which aircraft are flown by players. I just don't think it would work with a simple weapon selection because going between the L/M changes the entire cockpit and 3D object. Going between the L and Mistral by loadout might be possible depending on coding, but a better option would be choosing the L/M/Mistral when choosing the slot on the role selection screen.

The maintainers in the game are amazing, though. In exactly three minutes they can repair the surfaces and avionics of a completely shot-up aircraft. Switching a few panels and optics should be a breeze! :D

In all seriousness, I like the idea of allowing the choice of version in the mission, provided the mission builder has the option to restrict the selection to the current variant, especially in missions where threats are spawned based on which aircraft are flown by players. I just don't think it would work with a simple weapon selection because going between the L/M changes the entire cockpit and 3D object. Going between the L and Mistral by loadout might be possible depending on coding, but a better option would be choosing the L/M/Mistral when choosing the slot on the role selection screen.

Leaves the issue with unloading the Cockpit and reinitialization.

But the idea is nice...

Shagrat

• 3 weeks later...

Crew AI

When player is in pilot position, commander should have autonomy to turn TV on, search around through it and warn about potential threats.

When player switch to other positions, pilot should assume last auto-pilot type like level flight, circle around or maintain attitude as in UH-1H Huey.

Thank you

• 2 months later...
Manuals are still being worked on. The orginal manual is in French and I've been helping with the convertion. But still a lot to go, but we wanted to get you guys flying first.

@Poly_Roie I'm looking at putting together a partial dual cockpit for the Gazelle, is it possible for you go give me access somehow to detailed dimensions for the cockpit?

Thanks for giving us the multi-crew experience I so desire!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Situation #2: . AI helicopters continued to fly, follow waypoints, turn and land like nothing had happened. With additional damage, ie. ripping of the entire tail section, helicopters just plummet to the ground, with minimal rotation and such.

Suggestion: She would benefit from flight model/physics improvements.

This is the same for most DCS aircraft right now. It only affects AI.

Everyone wants this improved.

From Commander seat, ability to reveal/hide the Gazelle when in autohover behind cover. Pressing a button or key gives the (AI) pilot order to raise or lower the helicopter a few meters.

Inspiration:

Um, you can already do that ! You can take control of the collective while in commander seat ("disable auto collective").

Ryzen 3600X - RTX 2080 - 32 GB Ram - DCS on SSD.

DCS Modules : M2K-C, F18-C, FW-190D, Huey, Gazelle, Black Shark, Mig-15, all maps.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...