** Enhancement Thread **

Mt5_Roie

Hi Pilot Ike,

I'm working exclusively on the Gazelle myself. I have very little to do with the Kiowa development other than some of the newly developed features for the Gazelle might find their way in to the Kiowa as well. That being said, I know things aren't moving as fast as we'd like. This is due to the fact that besides being part of Polychop I'm also a police officer and the corona crisis is taking its toll on the department in various ways, forcing me to work a lot of extra shifts there. This is not meant as an excuse, just trying to be transparent on the issue.

Thanks for answering the call. My point stemmed from the fact that whenever sb. posts a bug report for the F/A-18C or similar, ED staff take it up and add an [Acknowledged] or [Not a bug] or similar to the thread, so people know the bug report was seen and things are being taken care of. Here in the PC forum area some bugs were reported, but it was quiet from your side and users never know whether you check these things out or not.

However, I do of course understand that things are a little difficult these days. Thanks for pointing that out. Take care. #thinblueline

Hi Pilot Ike,

I'm working exclusively on the Gazelle myself. I have very little to do with the Kiowa development other than some of the newly developed features for the Gazelle might find their way in to the Kiowa as well. That being said, I know things aren't moving as fast as we'd like. This is due to the fact that besides being part of Polychop I'm also a police officer and the corona crisis is taking its toll on the department in various ways, forcing me to work a lot of extra shifts there. This is not meant as an excuse, just trying to be transparent on the issue.

Hi does the team have any plans to overhaul the pilots along with the rework of the gazelle textures, face textures mainly?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Hi does the team have any plans to overhaul the pilots along with the rework of the gazelle textures, face textures mainly?

All textures will be replaced with PBR counterparts, including the pilot faces to create a more true to life skin effect. How much of a difference it will make is yet to be seen though ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All textures will be replaced with PBR counterparts, including the pilot faces to create a more true to life skin effect. How much of a difference it will make is yet to be seen though ;)

Ok that’s great to hear I’m confident it will be better than the current ones. Personally I find the head movement a bit robotic as well, I think this may be better static a bit like the Belsimtek choppers but that’s me. Looking forward to the updates on the gazelle good to hear it’s having a overhaul.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 2 months later...

Hey, I had a quick look at the overhauled cockpit and exterior lighting (AS342L) tonight and I just wanted to drop a thank you here for the continued support despite your other resposibilities.

Everything looks nice inside and out and readability in the cockpit has improved dramatically. And of course having a functional search/landing light again is a big plus.

Can't wait to take her out and find me some forward units to direct some arty on this weekend!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Hi Polychop,

First of all, thanks for working on the Gazelle! I recently re-discovered it after having decided to wait until it is in a more finished state.

I love the way the Gazelle looks and feels now, and am enjoying the campaign!

But I would like to ask 2 things: is a rework/fix of multicrew functionality on your radar? What is the priority?

I understand multiplayer synchronization is a difficult feature to implement properly, but it is the thing that would most increase my enjoyment of the Gazelle and that of some of my friends. I know it is not an easy task by any means and don't expect it to be done soon, but would greatly appreciate to hear what your plans are on multicrew fixes and/or reworks.

The second question is: how do we track the status of bugs? Is there a subforum or a public bug tracker so I can see if what I am experiencing is known to you or not? This would greatly reduce the need for lots of messages in this thread, and give us more confidence in the module.

Specs: Samsung Odyssey MR (VR)

MoBo ASUS Z97-K ; CPU i5-4690K 4.1GHz w/CM Hyper212 Evo; GPU GTX 980Ti; RAM 2400MHz CL11 2x8GB; SSD Samsung EVO 250GB (x2); HDD WD Blue 1TB; Case Corsair Obsidian 450D

Thrustmast T.16000M TWCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS modules: NTTR, Normandy, M-2000C, Mi-8, SA342, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Bf.109K4, FW-190D9, P-51D, Hawk T.1A, CA

Hi Big-Foot,

When it comes to multicrew we're eagerly awaiting the multicrew implementation for the UH-1 by ED. If this new method proves to be stable and working we will look in to adapting this method for the Gazelle. It makes little sense to reinvent the wheel when ED is working on this feature as well. We hope it won't take much longer.

As for a bug tracker, we do not have a public version of this. Instead we use these forums and discord to take note of the bugs reported by the community and another internal system where bugs get reported and tracked by ED's internal testers. When a bug is posted on these forums we try to post and acknowledge the issue in the very same thread. This is something we can improve by maybe editing the title of the thread with an assigned status like [Fixed internally], [Verified] etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your quick and extensive reply!

The multi-crew plan sounds solid, and you are certainly doing a great job managing the community!

Bedankt! Ook voor de rest van het Polychop team

• Like 1

Specs: Samsung Odyssey MR (VR)

MoBo ASUS Z97-K ; CPU i5-4690K 4.1GHz w/CM Hyper212 Evo; GPU GTX 980Ti; RAM 2400MHz CL11 2x8GB; SSD Samsung EVO 250GB (x2); HDD WD Blue 1TB; Case Corsair Obsidian 450D

Thrustmast T.16000M TWCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS modules: NTTR, Normandy, M-2000C, Mi-8, SA342, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Bf.109K4, FW-190D9, P-51D, Hawk T.1A, CA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Will there be a future update that allows VR control of the cyclic and collective I realise there is a lot of other items on the list but would love to tame this beast, like the others, in full VR 

Purchased today and was a little disappointed I couldn't just grab stick and go  

Am hoping the Kiowa has this feature 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been getting back into the Gazelle recently and I'm finding that my cruse speed on the straight and level is barely pushing 200km/h, even at max torque. According to the most reliable source of aircraft performance data: Wikipedia, her cruse speed should be around 260km/h. I don't remember the Gazelle being so slow, it's at a point now where one of the fastest helicopters in the world is being overtaken by Ka-50s and Hinds. I know there is allot of work to do on the flight model, but this is making flying with friends a drag.

1 hour ago, CMDRennie said:

I'm finding that my cruse speed on the straight and level is barely pushing 200km/h, even at max torque.

AFAIK top speed (in level flight) is correct (~225 km/h), the Viviane sight adds weight and drag.

IIRC the M's "high lift" blades have a speed penalty and DCS's L, Mistral and Minigun versions while having reduced weight, use the same flight model.

Ka-50, Hip and now Hind, have always been faster than the Gazelle in DCS.

IMHO having a UHF radio to contact AWACS, a good RWR and the NADIR more than makes up for the speed penalty.

Eurocopter

One of the major advantages of the Gazelle was it's tremendous speed. On 13 May 1971, Denis PROST and Jean Marie BESSE broke two speed records in the Gazelle helicopter class: 307 km/h over 3 km and 296 km/h over a 100 km closed course.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130219043750/http://www.eurocopter.com/site/en/ref/1967:-SA340_464-133.html

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 months later...

I now have a USB based mock minigun

it is working for the UH1H PERFECTLY.

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THIS WORK with the Gazelle.

The gaz is great module.. hoping i can even be better for the DCS year of the Helicopter.

HOPING THE FOLLOWING CAN BE ADDRESSED for the SA342

1) fixing missing exterior textures when looking at the gaz from the minigun position

2) adding axis assignments for the minigun

3) PLEASE DECOUPLE the minigun from player view

4) be able to assign joystick to UP/DOWN minigun slew, and LEFT/RIGHT minigun slew to joysticks

• Like 2

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 3 weeks later...

The minigun of the L-version can be very fun, but it still needs some smaller improvements. So here are my suggestions:

- An option to use the joystick axis during hover to make relative movements for the machine gun. 

- Add a key binding to move the player's head near the aiming reticle of the minigun. I find it very hard to move the camera there with my headtracker. Of course you would usually use the tracer rounds for aiming, but a reticle would make the initial shots more precise imo. And it looks good.

- Improve the gun movement precision when the camera is zoomed in. There is also a weird aiming offset when I zoom in.

- A small graphical issue occurs in the minigunner seat, when I look back: The camera moves forward and you can see missing parts of the aircraft model of the tail.

- A slot for the button binding on controllers for manning the minigun seat. Currently you either have to use your keyboard (press 3) or modify the game files yourself to add controller support. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/27/2023 at 8:59 PM, hannibal said:

already on a doorgun version 2. it is waiting for Gazelle support! 

Will come with next update. Added option to decouple view, and there are bindings for control either by joystick/keyboard or mouse. And some other goodies I think you will like with your home system 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Kinkkujuustovoileipä said:

Will come with next update. Added option to decouple view, and there are bindings for control either by joystick/keyboard or mouse. And some other goodies I think you will like with your home system 🙂

amazing.

last time i tried gaz doorgunner position, looking at the fuselage peeking out, the sa342 model was missing poly's textures, only complete rendering of the virtual cockpit from inside the gunner position but broken rendering when trying to look at the helo outside.. 

in this video i am stepping away from Huey, and i can see all parts of huey, tail rotor, mast, fuselage.. i hope that will be part of the goodies for the SA342 minigun variant (or all variants) 

when updates are realized, im ready to make a video!!

Thank you for sharing some news

@Kinkkujuustovoileipä 

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

10 hours ago, hannibal said:

amazing.

last time i tried gaz doorgunner position, looking at the fuselage peeking out, the sa342 model was missing poly's textures, only complete rendering of the virtual cockpit from inside the gunner position but broken rendering when trying to look at the helo outside.. 

in this video i am stepping away from Huey, and i can see all parts of huey, tail rotor, mast, fuselage.. i hope that will be part of the goodies for the SA342 minigun variant (or all variants) 

when updates are realized, im ready to make a video!!

Thank you for sharing some news

@Kinkkujuustovoileipä 

It's not broken rendering, it's deliberate. It wasn't designed for you to peek that far out.

DCS uses two separate models - internal and external. For reasons of performance, the internal model sacrifices elements of the outside which you wouldn't normally see, in order to allow more detail on the internal geometry, e.g. switches and gauges.

While we could invest some time into adding more geometry to the internal model, it's very low on the list of things we have time to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1