** Enhancement Thread **

Mt5_Roie

I agree on the first part but I do not think the FM is anywhere near that yet. I'm not going to fly it much in the current version because I'm honestly afraid of learning it wrong. It took me a while to learn flying choppers, I was lucky to get about 3.5hrs in real choppers as well and what I learned in sims translated very very well to the real thing, but it does not translate at all to the Gazelle in its initial/current version, and I'm not talking about the twitchyness of the controls (I got to fly Bo105 and R66 IRL, and both are at least as twitchy).

I do understand the Gazelle is BETA and I do not regret my purchase. I will patiently wait for the FM to improve and I trust Polychop that they will. I also have to admit that I havent even seen a gazelle IRL so I have no clue of how it flies. I just do not think that the Gazelle flies this dramatically different than every other chopper which it currently does.

I think we pretty much agree on everything. I wanted to say that the devs have to fine tune the FM to be more realistic rather than easier to use.

Mu guts tell me that Polychop like Razbam are worth the trust and they will finish their products. I don't regret the purchase of this early access. I hope it will support to continue the good job.

gazelle-ahmk1-xx437-british-aac-jp-1213.thumb.jpg.f1482786170460963b2e60274f7fff62.jpg

This Skin please..:thumbup:

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I do not think the FM is anywhere near that yet.
And still, I've seen several comments from folks who allegedly fly light-weight turbine choppers IRL and they seem to like the FM a lot. So who's right I wonder :unsure:

PS. I've no opinion one way or another myself, since I'm running v1.5 only and thus still waiting for the Gazelle patch. Should be released next Friday I've heard...

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

[ATTACH]139939[/ATTACH]

+1

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

I would like an option to inverse the joystick x-axis when controlling the Viviane sight. Joystick forward moving the sight down feels counter intuitive to me.

Definitely +1

Also, are you guys planning on implementing image focus (left hat up/down)? I just need to know whether to reserve 2 hat switch positions for this.

[ATTACH]139939[/ATTACH]

+1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Implement the Fuel Cut Off Valve lever please. Probably adds not much to the actual gameplay, but anything non-clickable - without a good reason - just lowers the immersion factor. And it should be really easy to implement.

Add some "obvious" functionality to the PR4G radio.

It is indeed difficult to find proper information about radios of this type, but they certainly can do more than voice comms on 10 fixed channels. At the very least, allow us to manually input the frequencies.

But this could be interesting: the PR4G family of radios can seemingly also be used for data link purposes - which make not too much sense in the Gazelle, but also for "text messages" similar to cellphone's SMS.

Maybe we could start a "community research programm" (aka new thread) to try to find out more about these PR4G F@stnet type of radios? For example

http://www.wzl2.pl/en/products/pr4g-radio-family

https://www.cervens.net/legionbbs123/archive/index.php/t-2874.html

Yes I know the flight model isn't really subject to change but...

Could the cyclic response speed be increased? Watch the stick in the cockpit and notice how slowly it moves. Not a problem during normal maneuvers but any large deflection of one's joystick is delayed massively, causing pilot induced oscillations.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

I would like to have a crew chief that knows how to clean the windows properly. I know they should be a little dirty, but it seems to be a little over done on this module.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

I had a few flights at night using NVG's. It might be a nice little touch if the co pilot's face had a bit of a green glow from his goggles when they are down.

+1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Implement the Fuel Cut Off Valve lever please. Probably adds not much to the actual gameplay, but anything non-clickable - without a good reason - just lowers the immersion factor. And it should be really easy to implement.

+1. I was wondering what was this lever indeed. Would love to see that implemented.

I second Rowan and gospadin: I'd love to see a rudder trim option a la the Ka-50 and Huey, and for that matter, a central position trim option, too. Big help for those of us with spring-loaded controls.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

I second Rowan and gospadin: I'd love to see a rudder trim option a la the Ka-50 and Huey, and for that matter, a central position trim option, too. Big help for those of us with spring-loaded controls.

Very much support this. Central position mode is a must. The control spike after trimming is a killer in a machine as sensitive as this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm going to visit the Gazelle this June when I go visit my family in Israel. That museum is amazing if you get a chance to visit it.

Never heard about Irak flying Gazelle until I read this thread. Interesting indeed when Strait of Hormuz comes out. (although this map probably won't go as far as Irak).

Aerospatiale-SA-341L-Gazelle-hatzerim-1.jpg

Edit: Oups, this one actually is Syrian. Sorry for the confusion.

Updated our master sheet with the latest requests.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

I do notice a weird behavior of the chopper when interacting with the ground (landing). Smooth landings are not really a problem, but when I tried to test out how well the landing gear was flexing, it seems that the chopper gets incredible forces to be able to lift back up and roll over (with collective to zero), does it really act in such a volatile way IRL????

Probably - volatile would be understatment, not sure weather they hit the ground or overhead wires or something else

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/jul/17/helicopter-crashes-into-pub-abbeyshire-ireland-video

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5