** Enhancement Thread **

Mt5_Roie

I second Rowan and gospadin: I'd love to see a rudder trim option a la the Ka-50 and Huey, and for that matter, a central position trim option, too. Big help for those of us with spring-loaded controls.

+1,000,000

Very much support this. Central position mode is a must. The control spike after trimming is a killer in a machine as sensitive as this.

Not only do I want the central position mode, but I suggest to do it like in the Huey: if central position mode is ticket, the pilot must return the stick to neutral before any more control inputs are accepted, or if it is not ticked (and no FFB), then the pilot is given a certain amount of time to center the stick (maybe 1s) before new control inputs are accepted by the sim. The latter mode (my preferred mode) has the advantage that the controls don't freeze if the pilot doesn't return the stick to exact center.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I would like to see some more input possibilities. E.g. all rotating knobs should habe a entry for 'rotating right' and 'rotating left'. Thus I can use my encoders...

Nevertheless, great work with supporting the toggle switches out of the box!

Not only do I want the central position mode, but I suggest to do it like in the Huey: if central position mode is ticket, the pilot must return the stick to neutral before any more control inputs are accepted, or if it is not ticked (and no FFB), then the pilot is given a certain amount of time to center the stick (maybe 1s) before new control inputs are accepted by the sim. The latter mode (my preferred mode) has the advantage that the controls don't freeze if the pilot doesn't return the stick to exact center.

+1 I'd like DCS Huey method trim for the Magnetic brake trimmer for non-FFB joysticks.

Would be very helpful for flight.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Can we have a clean windows, I flew in the British Army Gazelle,(I was RAF) and the groundcrews spent a LOT of time making the screens spotless. We -The RAF, may slag off Teeny weeny airways, but they were VERY professional, and the brit craft are highly polished in that department, Thank you...I just spent 10 mins trying to follow a faint trail in the desert...to find its a stain on the screeen lol

I'd like to add myself to the list of people asking for a Huey-like (and Mi-8 and Ka-50 in FD mode) trim method, which is by far the best method for non-FFB sticks. Also, it would make trim handling consistent with other choppers, which can only be good for DCS as a whole.

My humble rig: Windows 10 pro 64bit; i7-6700k on Gigabyte Z170X G7; 32GB; MSI 980ti Twin Frozr; 512GB Samsung 950 Pro (NVMe/PCIe x4); 1TB Samsung 850 Pro; Komplete Audio 6; TrackIR 5 Pro;

DCS 2.5 with almost all modules; favourites: Shark, Mi-8, Harrier, Viggen, Mirage, Hornet

you can already do that in dcs

Sad to say, but it's not possible without a farp. Maybe some day the ed guys could fix that. Would be awesome to have missions where you could do that.

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

NADIR fills up all empty waypoints storage places.

Please remove this feature, just leave empty storage places empty. I can't see any benefit of this feature. It rather makes working with waypoints during flight more difficult. For example, you have to double check the coordinates if you want to use a new waypoint for something - so that you don't accidentally change an existing waypoint you intend to keep as it is.

Was initially planned by Polychop, then abandoned along with the target recon function in ME. Apparently too difficult to implement. Look, we are still unable to refuel/rearm on a ship, even from an aircraft carrier. It's been like this for the last 10 years.

Which is all a bit sad but no offence to polychop. I think (but i'm no programmer) that it must be possible to find a workaround for this problem. Something like a hidden farp where you still can place vehicles to refuel and rearm. Still hoping...someday...:smilewink:

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

Sad to say, but it's not possible without a farp. Maybe some day the ed guys could fix that. Would be awesome to have missions where you could do that.

Doesn't seem like it would be hard to make a FARP where the model was replaced with a couple trucks and some troops.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

[ATTACH]139986[/ATTACH]

Perhaps change the visor reflection image to fit more with Nevada?

How does the visor work in the first place? I looked in the controls, but couldn't find anything...?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

NADIR fills up all empty waypoints storage places.

Please remove this feature, just leave empty storage places empty. I can't see any benefit of this feature. It rather makes working with waypoints during flight more difficult. For example, you have to double check the coordinates if you want to use a new waypoint for something - so that you don't accidentally change an existing waypoint you intend to keep as it is.

+1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The frequency selector rotaries of the VHF FM and especially of the ADF are a bit hard to use. It is difficult to hit the correct spot with the mouse (and keep it all steady during turning/scrolling them!), especially with all the shaking.

Maybe you could widen the hot-spot areas a bit? Or separate them so that they are not circular, overlaying each other. For example one hot-spot left of the rotary stack for the outer ring, one right for the middle ring and for the topmost rotary, just keep it as it is.

The frequency selector rotaries of the VHF FM and especially of the ADF are a bit hard to use. It is difficult to hit the correct spot with the mouse (and keep it all steady during turning/scrolling them!), especially with all the shaking.

Maybe you could widen the hot-spot areas a bit? Or separate them so that they are not circular, overlaying each other. For example one hot-spot left of the rotary stack for the outer ring, one right for the middle ring and for the topmost rotary, just keep it as it is.

I wanted to report just this. Im flying the campaign and i have hard time switching the correct frequency or even turn the radio on. The buttons are tiny and it's so hard to hit the correct small spot

Controls Setup: many, but not all, functions are prefixed with "SA342" - which is redundant and serves no purpose. Could be removed, no?

edit:

oh, I think, I get it now - for debugging purposes? To distinguish between SA342 specific functions and DCS stock ones, right?

Edited by Flagrum

key commands for nadir mode and selector switches.

Just wanted to say, i love the gazelle! Great fun.

Excellent job!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."