Komodo Simulations Huey Cyclic and Collective Review

I emailed them a few weeks ago to ask what the state of play was, and was told pretty much the same thing again, i.e. that they're looking at re-starting production.

My take on that is that we assume nothing until they genuinely start advertising again in a positive way.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Man all these companies are going under or stopping production. Ctek isn’t taking any new orders either and their website is all but empty. Not cool. Hopefully these guys still support existing customers that own their products.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys... what about Maxflightstick? Does anyone of you know these controls?

it says "affordable" but products start from 2k usd.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Man all these companies are going under or stopping production. Ctek isn’t taking any new orders either and their website is all but empty. Not cool. Hopefully these guys still support existing customers that own their products.

One simple reason. They are WAY overpriced. The reason, for example, why BRD succeeded is because Roman developed a very optimized and cost-concious lineup of devices and also offered them in kit forms.

So. Price is king. For a 4-digit number price - I would rather build a collective myself. Those "pro-flight-trainer" kits? They are just HORRIBLE. 1500 euros for this? A 10-year old can build a better looking and better performing kit. And it will set him back what, 200 euros?

Edited by The LT

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

being used, it's no wonder! A lot of this is aimed at the home cockpit building crowd

Cockpit building crowd knows how to work with their hands and build stuff. When you see a 1.5k price tag and the product is just a hastily put together mess of steel profile - no wonder those guys would have 3-4 orders and go under.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 3 months later...

A grand for a collective and base!! Admittedly though it does look very nice. But I’m more than happy with my RL £150 Westland Lynx collective and £50 Bodnar board. Might not be as accurate but it feels great, looks great and works ‘well enough’

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

The price tag is prohibitive, but the EC135 set is very tempting. But as spending so much money on sim controls could lead to war at the home front I have to wait for better times...

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I’m happy that you like your controls I went with the pft puma and agree it’s much easier to control the Huey with helo controls the one thing I wish the puma had was the Huey collective but then I would still need addition buttons for things like vr recenteror vr zoom, autostart, auto pilot etc I use the mode switch for different POV switches on is kneeboard related one is landing light and the last is search Light related. The puma was at my limit of expense and it includes all three controls cyclic, collective, and torque pedals. All tension adjustable. If you want to be more involved join an multiplayer squad they range from by the book Military to hair flying in the breeze freedom. I’m a member of two squads one is helo only the other is us navy carrier only so in the first they work on training in any of the four helicopters in dcs they even do missions for the ready level ones and some include the rl2s. The other has several squadrons each flying a specific aircraft like the harrier and the Huey with the hornet and tomcat to come once released.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Looks very nice, but that price tag … my word …

I thought about getting a proper heli cyclic, but at that price tag, I'm going to wait to see what Iris Dynamics can do with their FFB products.

Still thinking about the collective, but might rather go for the microheli one, not sure yet.

They may look expensive but certainly not outside of the price people are willing to pay. They're out of stock already!

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Couple years back I bought a Komodo UH-1 Collective. Received the product about 4 Months later.

While it looks cool, it feels cheap (everything is 3d Printed).

Took it apart since the friction control is very sticky, throttle grip was faulty after a month and saw that the whole mechanism is 3d printed as well. No wonder everthing flexes so much. Not even caring to reassemble the thing. Maybe I use some parts in a DIY project.

If you are happy to spend 800£ on a product that weight less than 2kg. Go ahead.

Customer Service was sometimes very fast and sometimes you waited a Month.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

I remember reading about the flimsy feel. I wonder whether there have been any improvements to komodo's products, justifying the price increase. £2500, this should be a high quality product and feel like it. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I remember substantially cheaper prices on the old website.

Edited by RabidRider

The controls feel light if you are used to a warthog. But not flimsy by any means. You get accustomed to the lightness in a few hours and then you appreciate it because it allows for less fatiguing Sim sessions. The controls are the smoothest I've used. (have not tried vkb or vpc) but compared to a warthog it feels like a big upgrade in smoothness, and allows for precision flying, without having to put in any effort.

I just wish he could find a way to bring the cost down to allow more people to experience these.

Edited by NineGzuz

I have been flying with the Komodo Sim Uh-1 cyclic and collective for the past 3+ years. I have recently bought the VKB MCG Gun fighter for fixed-wing flying and switch to the Komodo when I fly helicopters. The VKB can be a great stick for helicopters you can take out the centering springs and adjust the clutch to get a similar effect of what the Komodo offers. But the Komodo controls are by far the best controls for precise helicopter control. I like having the strong centering springs in my VKB gunfighter for Fixed-wing flying. The biggest downside for Komodo Simulation is the cost. It is prohibitively expensive for most.

Komodo Simulation is catering to a small niche market within the Flight-Sim community. So I would consider it a enthusiast grade investment for the most realistic helicopter experience. Having flown actual helicopters TH-67, UH-60, S- 300, Komodo will give you the best experience for the money without sending way more money for professional grade helicopter flight sim controls that have forcefeed back or Force trim. Yes some of the components are 3D printed and can feel light in the hands. But I’ve had plenty of people fly these controls with zero issues over the years. So my final thought is if you can afford it you can’t go wrong with these controls. And if you have issues reach out to Komodo for assistance.

And what about the new controlls? why are they so expensive and sold out?

some people should have bougth the preproduced new controls?

i have the old style collective. what is the difference?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk