AT Soldier Mod

• 5 months later...

Anyone still trying to use this mod? I've managed to update the mod using some of the fixes listed in here. All the units show up and work to an extent. Two of the units require switching their alarm state to red for them to fire but the rest are fine. Hoping more experienced coders could look into that and figure out that bug.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Open up the Infantry AT mod folder. In the top of the directory is a folder named "Entry" which contains the lua files that describe each unit in the mod. Open the lua files (any text editor will work) and look for lines that have "life = 0.1"... or something like that, can't remember what the original value is... but its less than 1. Change the life values so they are greater than 1 and it should work. Remember, you'll have to do this for each one that doesn't show up on the map.

Included some pictures for clarification. Hope this helps!

Capture_1.JPG

Capture_2.JPG

Capture_3.JPG

Capture_4.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

We had a great one that worked well up until an update broke it entirely. 

It appears ED changed how infantry works such that they can no longer rotate (e.g. a turret)

These made the Huey and Mi-8 absolutely lethal, as they could set ambushes up for armor columns where the TOW teams would smoke-check the armor as soon as they came over a hill.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

23 hours ago, fargo007 said:

We had a great one that worked well up until an update broke it entirely. 

It appears ED changed how infantry works such that they can no longer rotate (e.g. a turret)

These made the Huey and Mi-8 absolutely lethal, as they could set ambushes up for armor columns where the TOW teams would smoke-check the armor as soon as they came over a hill.

Not sure what your suggesting. This mod still works.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fargo007 said:

Can you link please to the one you have that still works?  The one we were using most certainly doesn't anymore.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjzni56twox1iye/D-30 2A18M.rar?dl=0

this should still work. YOu need to make  sure the alarm state of the tow is red and change the life setting to at least 1.01. See above

Edited by gunterlund

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to add this Mod to CTLD but I can't seem to get the unit name correct.  I've used Soldier bgm-71, soldier bgm-71, soldier_bgm-71, bgm-71, and many varieties of 9k115 and 9k135.  Does anyone know the precise procedure for CTLD and these units?

if _countOrTemplate.at then
    ctld.logTrace(string.format("_countOrTemplate.at=%s", ctld.p(_countOrTemplate.at)))
    if _side == 2 then
        _troops = ctld.insertIntoTroopsArray("soldier BGM-71",_countOrTemplate.at,_troops)
    else    
        _troops = ctld.insertIntoTroopsArray("soldier 9k135",_countOrTemplate.at,_troops)
    end    
    _weight = _weight + getSoldiersWeight(_countOrTemplate.at, ctld.RPG_WEIGHT)
    ctld.logTrace(string.format("_weight=%s", ctld.p(_weight)))
end

I have gotten a mod to work, using this code as a base, and they hold a Javelin.

But the code declares a diff weapon, so even though it fires, the missile is NOT a Javelin.

But I hear rumors about someone who has been successful in making missile mods that work in DCS

I have not seen them myself. I can make modded bombs, and rockets. Un Guided.

The guided weapons are the difficult part.

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 5:15 PM, Morkva_55 said:

342dcec9471e.jpg

Mod updated.03.January.2018

- 2A18M 122mm D-30A howitzer with 3OF56 HE and 3BK6 HEAT shells added to stationary artillery in ME (DCS have no towed artillery at that moment).

- 3OF56 HE and 3BK6 HEAT have near the same "cannonball" ballistic due the same low initial speed and high mass, so do not expect high accuracy for individual targets.

- BGM-71 TOW soldier on closed position armor (GT.chassis.life) decreased.

- BGM-71 TOW missile distanceMax decreased to 3750 meters in order to fit real data.

- AT-7 Saxhorn missile distanceMax decreased to 2500 meters in order to fit real data.

- AT-14 Spriggan missile distanceMax increased to 5500 meters in order to fit real data.

Hey there, the link seems to be dead. Is there yet a chance to download your mod or are you no longer supporting it anymore?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...