Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará

Teeter

Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará

• Yes, I would (please reply to this thread to explain why)
    • No, I wouldn't (please reply to this thread to explain why)

I will say I do like the poll very much. It's a good way to get a feel from your audience here. If there are other feelers you are looking for don't hesitate to post them either. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Voted YES

1) Twin engine prop

2) Ground Attack + Nice payload

Greetings

Core i7 6700k, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1, 32GB Ram, VPC T-50CM (30cm ext), CH Pro Throttle, MFG Crosswind, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar (2), TrackIR5 & Xbox 360 Controller

No,

All the reasons already posted... +for me uninteresting plane. If you want something that looks like that try Henschel 129 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henschel_Hs_129 , at least you would enter WW2 arena with it.

But I would prefer to try to do some significant other plane from Korea/Vietnam.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Sadly no as well, rather get more jets or ww2 planes (axis western front or pacfic pls) or resources towards a map

Honestly at this point only future aircraft id be interested in, besides f-14, is 40s and 50s era fighters or axis fighters ( cough cough japan cough cough)

Oh f-4e too but i guess manufacturer says no

Edited by zantron

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

I didn't vote because I wouldn't mind either way, although I would prefer efforts to be spent on more interesting aircraft. For just pure interest as a study sim, if someone were to do a ground attack prop aircraft, I'd rather see a skyraider.

I am not sure, but voted NO. I had great fun flying the OV-10 in FSX, but here I strongly prefer to see the Sea Harrier or Mirage III first. And since developer time and my own for flying all those planes is limited...

I voted Yes

Its a relative unknown Aircraft and would be one of my first choices for COIN Operations because its a Twin engined Aircraft which increases survivability.

Also i like that its NOT the newest Airframe which will make flying it in DCS a little more challanging i quess.

My personal interest comparsion to OV-10 or Tucano.

Pucara / Tucano: 100 / 0

Pucara / OV10: 50 / 50

Also i like the look of it.

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Loud and clear, guys. However, for the love of god, it's not a trainer. Don't call it a bad word just because you don't want us to make it ;)

You're on the ED forums, you can't expect people to actually read a post before replying to it ;).

No, but a soft no.

I'm not against it per se, but it's another COIN aircraft and you're already doing a prop based one with the Tucano, plus there's plenty of more interesting and/or iconic aircraft I'd like to see first coming into DCS.

I also stood next to one a few weeks ago, and she's an ugly bird.

Maybe in 3 or 4 years once there's a few more big name items out of the way and all the other major roles have stuff out or in the works.

- Ney!

-Become rich and famous by working on attack/cargo helicopters. Apache,Hind,Cobra/CH 53, Black Hawk, etc.

edit: or WW2 bombers. ; )

Edited by Thunderchiff

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

I'm very much into COIN. I'd love the IA-58 (probably even more than the OV-10).

Honestly, given the number of trainers, and light helicopters we're seeing built the DCS engine should evolve to support COIN.

Sure, it is nice to have fast jets, carriers, or bombers - but we can have both - and the IA-58 is one of the great CAS aircraft of the century, and provides a nice intermediate level aircraft capable of fighting both the Su-25 and helicopters.

In general all planes could be interesting, if they were made well BUT:

There is something going wrong in DCS.

1. Sometimes the focus is on irrelevant and unimportant planes. We have a Hawk but no F-16, we have a C-101 but no Tornado, we have a Mi-8 but no Mi24 and the list of "sidekick planes" (and choppers) in the road map is long. I know a lot is classified but it doesnt help anyway. DCS is much too great, to let it sink in triviality.

2. Another thing is the question, how should a credible mission look like with such planes? What has an argentinian plane to do in caucasus, Nevada, Strait of Hormuz or Normandy (in WW2)? An example to make clear, what I mean: Meanwhile we have three WW2 planes but still no map or enemy fighters (except the planes itselfs, yeah!) or ground units for them and the Mig21 has still no good opponent. So we have a little bit WW2, a little bit cold war and so on. Would another plane like the IA 58 Pucará raise the missing coherency. I guess not.

Of course, I know, its not your fault, RAZBAM, but with a good choice for planes you can pave the way for DCS.

I really think, its time to fill the existing szenarios with more content to make them more reliable, before starting a new one. How about a F-4 Phantom as opponent to the mig-21 instead? Or any other plane which fits better into the flash points, we have.

And now you all can lynch me ;)

Edited by PicksKing
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

I voted "yes" because she is completely different of other aircraft and because of that, I like her!!

On the other hand, I agree with the above post of "Picksking" and therefore, it is also important that the development doesn't get at the cost of more modern aircraft.

Best regards, Willem

yes.

"jet thunder" is dead... bring on the falklands

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL