Gazelle Hot3 Missile - Extending the Range

SUNTSAG

It is steerable upto 4300-4450m there might be 150m error .

How i measured. I shot missile to the target at 6km . Jumped F6 view of missile and made constant left and right movements with aiming crosshair joystick. And when missile suddendly stopped made these left and right corrections i smashed pause key. Then i just measured with map tool F10 range from helo to missile and got 2.40nm . Neat.

Hi

How it's done at the moment

The missile will try to follow the camera axis

The wire lenght is 4300 m

As soon as the wire cuts, the missile will go on its path until its motor runs out and then ballistic.

It will explode after some time flying ballistic.

Hi

How it's done at the moment

The missile will try to follow the camera axis

The wire lenght is 4300 m

As soon as the wire cuts, the missile will go on its path until its motor runs out and then ballistic.

It will explode after some time flying ballistic.

Thank you for the clarification and this superb module. :thumbup:

But shouldn't the speed of missile start to decrease when rocket burns out. And due to decreasing speed missile should start to fall, like a ballistic. Right now it travels second ballistic speed and keeps orbit up to 8.8km.

When that is fixed i am happy.

Edited by Lanius

In reality, the HOT3 is equipped with a safety, if the wire breaks (which is the case when you reach max range, 4250m) the HOT can not explode any more. It becomes inert. This is to protect friendliy troops in case of a wire breaks during an overhead shot.

But this can not be simulated in DCS unfortunately.

Edited by Shughart

In reality, the HOT3 is equipped with a safety, if the wire breaks (which is the case when you reach max range, 4250m) the HOT can not explode any more. It becomes inert. This is to protect friendliy troops in case of a wire breaks during an overhead shot.

But this can not be simulated in DCS unfortunately.

Would be nice if they could add that. Not sure why it would not be possible in DCS?

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

What, You can fire vikhrs without them having to explode, if you jettison them. o.0

If that is correct it should be patched ! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Unfortunately it's impossible in DCS. The missile has to detonate.

What about the AA missiles that just impact ground if they can't reach their target?

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

As modelled AAMs explode on impact, regardless of what they hit. Or did you mean that we _shouldn't_ just accept collateral damage as par for the course? ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.