Gazelle change log

Pat01

Hi all,

Do we know if the minigunner will be part of the multipcrew package?

I.e. will we firstly be able to control the minigun in a similar way to how we can in the UH-1H? And secondly will we be able to have a human pilot and a human minigunner in the same chopper at the same time?

thanks,

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a long list...great to see stuff is fine tuned in all corners! Can't wait to test it out myself. Btw;

''- Restored behavior at ground, the helicopter will begin to roll or pitch around 45% torque''

Was that behaviour thrown out of the module in some earlier patch and now that code is re-imported? Or are we talking about a new flight model adjustement due to new RL pilot feedback?

No, it was "broken" in the previous update, it has been repared now.

''- Restored behavior at ground, the helicopter will begin to roll or pitch around 45% torque''

Was that behaviour thrown out of the module in some earlier patch and now that code is re-imported? Or are we talking about a new flight model adjustement due to new RL pilot feedback?

Not mentioned in the changelog is some multicrew specific fixes, such as the ADF frequency not syncing between players, and audio/graphical jittering (rotor, Viviane). Have you fixed them too?

Thanks for the update and your continued efforts.

It's real nice to see so much work done, and a relief after such a long radio silence on the forum. If you can man the minigun in multicrew, this will be a first in DCS and a new whole fun with the gazelle.

Having the NADIR transferred to the copilot is a nice move. The Gazelle will become the preferred platform for FAC(A).

Bravo Polychop! You should be an example to a few other 3rd party publishers (also french aircraft) ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

In order to prevent conflicts between the main joystick and a possible second joystick when targeting with the camera, a new option has been added in Options/Special/SA342 named "SECOND JOYSTICK FOR CAMERA", it has to be unchecked if you don't use a second joystick for the Camera (Viviane or else) and it has to be checked if you use a second joystick.

I don't understand exactly the problem. I thought that you can set the correct analog input for each joystick or other analog stick (like the analog stick on Warthog throttle).

Can you explain ? FFB problem perhaps?

I don't understand exactly the problem. I thought that you can set the correct analog input for each joystick or other analog stick (like the analog stick on Warthog throttle).

Can you explain ? FFB problem perhaps?

This new option lets you prevent the game from using your cyclic as the TV joystick when in autohover. It's for us who use a separate controller for the TV in solo flight to keep the two sticks from fighting each other.

This new option lets you prevent the game from using your cyclic as the TV joystick when in autohover. It's for us who use a separate controller for the TV in solo flight to keep the two sticks from fighting each other.

Why should these 2 joysticks fight against each other?

How problems could appear if I bind the flight axes to the first stick and the TV axes to another?

Autohover or not, I bound my analog controller (not the joystick but the TM Warthog Throttle stick) for moving camera and I never have any problem... cyclic axis and cam axis are different to bind.

So I still don't understand the interest of that option...

... cyclic axis and cam axis are different to bind.

When in autohover/command, the cyclic currently doubles as a camera slew joystick and works along side the keyboard inputs, etc.

So I still don't understand the interest of that option...

If you have a spring centred joystick (cyclic), hands free, it remains centred, so doesn't cause the camera to drift.

With a force feedback or spring-less joystick (cyclic), hands free it is easy for the joystick (cyclic) to sit off-centre and cause the camera to drift.

I use the keyboard to control the camera and there is nothing worse than the camera developing 'a mind of it's own' because the cyclic has moved a little bit 'off centre'.

The ability to disable the default cyclic 'dualism' in the Gazelle's 'special options' is a welcome addition. YMMV

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

But there is hardly no glare, flare or reflections from the canopy or instruments?

WTF? Why? :cry:

Still flies okay,. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

From DCS/Mods/aircraft/SA342/Doc/DCS SA342Minigun Addendum_en.txt

-------------

Minigun usage

-------------

- 115V AC bus must be powered

- Master Armament switched to ON ("M" position)

- The minigun can be moved using Track-IR or the mouse

Using the mouse, click the mouse center wheel twice, and then once to allow the mouse to move the minigun.

- Shooting can be made two ways

Joystick or keyboard, a button or a key must be first assigned to the "Pilot Stick/Fire Gun or Rocket" command.

Mouse, Shooting is triggered by the left mouse button.

I should add : If you use track-IR or oculus, the gun moves automatically with head movements, no need of the mouse to move.

Edited by Pat01