Gazelle change log

Pat01

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, good new then

If you got the mistral version multicrew is there too

Multicrew is still WIP and currently we are working at improving copilot controls

Some of the latest parts in the change log may not be part of this update, i'll check and update the change log.

Wow, good new then

If you got the mistral version multicrew is there too

Multicrew is still WIP and currently we are working at improving copilot controls

Some of the latest parts in the change log may not be part of this update, i'll check and update the change log.

Can the Mistral not be mounted on the regular Gazelle variants? And if no, will it ever be able to?

Possible in real life but it would require a major overhaul of components and systems not just externally but also in the cockpit, even the difference between a civilian cockpit and the militarised versions in mental. that being said it is easier to have separate models because if not they would somehow have to enable different "layers" when different "loadouts" are selected. It's a lot of coding.

• 2 weeks later...

342M Multiplayer

Wow, good new then

..................Multicrew is still WIP and currently we are working at improving copilot controls........................Some of the latest parts in the change log may not be part of this update, i'll check and update the change log.

Really enjoying flying this helo multiplayer and both my (human) Weapons Officer and I are looking forward to the HOT-3/TV Synch fix so he can reliably hit targets. We've been flying on the 104th a bit lately multi... and it's great... just a bit disheartening for him when he doesn't hit after we work hard together to get in close enough.. ID and target... and fly HOT3's at 'em. We've been waiting for this capability for decades.. and are VERY glad your making the leap and taking deliberate actions to deliver it.

Thanks and Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just wondering if headway has been made with multicrew, in particular with syncing the Vivane between the pilot and copilot and allowing the Slave button to maintain the selected heading.

Or is this an issue that requires ED to do something with the netcode?

Were working with ED on it. Since multicrew in heli's is new to DCS World...it's all groundbreaking work. Just takes time.

I'm just wondering if headway has been made with multicrew, in particular with syncing the Vivane between the pilot and copilot and allowing the Slave button to maintain the selected heading.

Or is this an issue that requires ED to do something with the netcode?

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've been away from the Gazelle for a while and I'm surprised with the behavior of its FM now. Has it been significantly altered?? I'm so sorry if this was addressed in some change log but I can't find the answer as to why it's quite different now.

I noticed how the Gazelle now happily cruises at 100 km/hr with just 40% torque (unloaded). Is this normal? Also the amount of right anti-torque pedal required appears to have reduced significantly, and it's more unstable now in a hover in slightly windy conditions than before. So strange... :huh: I guess I have to get used to the changes.

Edited by Ilyushka00

Hey guys, I've been away from the Gazelle for a while and I'm surprised with the behavior of its FM now. Has it been significantly altered?? I'm so sorry if this was addressed in some change log but I can't find the answer as to why it's quite different now.

I noticed how the Gazelle now happily cruises at 100 km/hr with just 40% torque (unloaded). Is this normal? Also the amount of right anti-torque pedal required appears to have reduced significantly, and it's more unstable now in a hover in slightly windy conditions than before. So strange... :huh: I guess I have to get used to the changes.

Significantly would be exaggerated, but there were changes quite a while ago. Still, the FM is not finished, as you can read up in various FM-focused threads (Early Access, Beta and stuff, you know, apart from helicopters not being particularly easy to simulate). It may be safe to expect more FM-changes you will have to get used to until it is finished ;)

Significantly would be exaggerated, but there were changes quite a while ago. Still, the FM is not finished, as you can read up in various FM-focused threads (Early Access, Beta and stuff, you know, apart from helicopters not being particularly easy to simulate). It may be safe to expect more FM-changes you will have to get used to until it is finished ;)

Yeah I guess you're right significant may be an overstatement, I've just refined my flying techniques so much that I was taken aback by the new changes from the moment I raised that collective, and experienced some "significant" unwanted results :D I think it had something to do with the wind as well on the VA server.

• 3 weeks later...