Announcing Tu-22M3 Troika by Black Cat Simulations

Cockpits, main and nose gear. We did some with the Kh-20 racks, I don't remember if they were successful or not. The bomb bay was gutted, so we will use other references.

Yes the missile rack was a succes from the front to center, after that scanner got to hot due to tempratures :)

Rear Landing gear was really nice, rear cockpit has been nice aswell.

if you need help to give life to your bear in dcs then send a pm to me ;)

PM sent

Edited by 3DArtistExtreme

-=3DArtistExtreme=-

Modeling/UV mapping/Lighting/Shading/Texturing

3D Portfolio http://www.oleg-kovalev.com

FlyingIron Simulations

I would love to help with this project, all I can really do with any proficiency is Photoshop (I own CS6). I am not a photoshop wizard, I have tried making a livery but I was very confused, if you need anything in photoshop give me a shout and I'll see what I can do. I might be able to offer up some help

PC Specs: i7 4790 (non K), MSI GTX 980, 1TB Seagate HDD, 32GB Crucial DDR3-1600MHz RAM, 3 Samsung 1920x1080 monitors, EVGA 850W G2 PSU

• 2 weeks later...
how is everything going?

We`ve been abit on hold, due to the scan data process, Brian had to order extra ram to process scans, I`ve prepaired file, but my machine with 48GB of ram couldn`t handle the fushion process. Aside of that I had a shoot for a short movie. There has been some holdups, but now worries you`ll get to see more soon :)

-=3DArtistExtreme=-

Modeling/UV mapping/Lighting/Shading/Texturing

3D Portfolio http://www.oleg-kovalev.com

FlyingIron Simulations

• 2 weeks later...

We're at the stage in the project where there is lots to do, and not much time to talk about it. Rest assured, we are still alive and kicking. We are waiting for some expensive computer memory to arrive for photogrammetry and CFD purposes to arrive. I'm working on a thorough cockpit design document.

Brian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any pictures to share. I consider that Oleg and Dimitry's turf but I can post some facts and updates. We now have a fourth person, Ed Wilson, to help with systems programming. Ed did all the systems and gauge programming for the Eaglesoft Citation X. I've known Ed for a few years, but I had no idea had done any programming for FSX until a few weeks ago. He programs professional simulators by day, and I knew him as that.

I want to roll back some things I have said.

I had said that I wanted to strike a balance between the extreme detail of modules like Black Shark 2, A-10C, and the faster development time of FC3 aircraft, while still retaining a detailed external flight model. For the first release, we will be balancing detail and speed of development. But I have been advised by those who have gone before us that it is unwise to tell the customer "what he is going to get", rather than "you will get what you want". There are many that want an extremely high level of detail, similar to the A-10C and BS2, and to them I would now say, you will get that, but give us some time after the first release to get there. 'Core experience' stuff comes first.

I now take a similar position about the AI. I had said that given the nature of the aircraft and how it is used in combat, the AI would be a bit primitive, and the user(s) would be expected to do much of the work. Now I would say the goal is to make the AI so competent that uncrewed by any user(s), it will be a thoughtful, creative opponent to those on the ground, in the air, or at sea. AI is hard to get right, period. We've all seen that in DCS. So. The AI will be much more advanced, and count on having a good way, in the form of some kind of HUD, or keeping track of the positions you do not presently occupy, and be able to direct them to some degree.

My intention is to continually improve the aircraft after release, and any reasonable requests WILL be added to the to do list. Realistically, we will do this through paid upgrades for the bigger improvements that are labor intensive. Regular bug fixes and improvements will be free.

As always, this is all dependent on obtaining the Third Party license. It's taking us a while, but we are putting together a demo package of the things they asked for that is so good, it will be an offer they can't refuse. This IS about money (we have to eat), but it's also a labor of love. I will argue (and win) that this is the greatest, most practical and useful bomber ever created by mankind, and trust me, it will convert some fighter guys. Throw down!

Brian

My intention is to continually improve the aircraft after release, and any reasonable requests WILL be added to the to do list. Realistically, we will do this through paid upgrades for the bigger improvements that are labor intensive. Regular bug fixes and improvements will be free.

Not saying it's not possible, but VEAO tried that with offering both an SFM Hawk and EFM versions at different price points.

Disregarding all their time issues with delivering the EFM version, they have since discontinued the SFM and split products, and now just have the single EFM version.

Food for thought.

Why not offer a smaller price for the whole package and release an fc3 variant first then free upgrade to the full fidelity model. Would avoid the whole two products scenarios and would leave you room to improve whilst not setting the bar too high on price or for your team.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.