Announcing Tu-22M3 Troika by Black Cat Simulations

This is absolutely fantastic work BlackCat Sim! We desperately need a flyable bomber in DCS World. If I have any recommendations, is to keep up with the ultra high quality level of work, so in the future if opportunity presents itself, you can discuss licensing with ED and related parties.

Fiscally conservative A-10c ace.

Prefers GAU-8 in every situation.

Saving taxpayer dollars, millions at a time.

VF-6666 =NP= Squadron CAS Flight Lead

Hello Black Cat Simulations,

I don't know why this project has been under my radar for such a long time, but I sure as rain will follow the progress on the Tu22M3 from now on!

Flying a bomber is truly something, who wouldn't want to fly such an imposing aircraft as the Tupolev and go after carrier groups or concentrated ground targets?. I can't wait to cycle through the crew positions and take up the tasks of a bomber crew.

Nice to see new technologies being used to assist in the workload.

Keep up the good work,

Sven K.

I may have missed it but did you guys get a license from the manufacturer to create the Troika?

I'm asking because it will be a pity if you invest a lot of work into this project just to have your dreams crushed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, guys! I was told about this gorgeous project the other day. Being born in a town where these beautiful airplanes were based once upon a time, and having one of them in our museum at the airfield, I can't pass by this project. My grandfather worked a lot with TV/scope systems of this aircraft, helped with loading munition and other procedures. I can help with translating technical literature concerned and anything else I will be capable of in my circumstances. If you are interested in my help - send me a PM.

Respectfully yours and highly appreciating your job,

9e65cea96c98.jpg

Edited by I./KG40_Razor

Why on earth would you need that much elevator deflection in a bomber :huh:

Looks like it's relaxing after the hydraulic pressure subsided after a hard day at work. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

If you check the Russian Bombers Thread, you will find Brian Coopers Tu-23 mod available for download.

This is NOT the version from this thread.

It was released long ago and I fixed it to work in the newer DCS.

You will find a few others as well!

Happy bombing!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Update from notebook.

My PC is dead atm, for about a month ago my SR-2 mobo has burned, when I`ve been helping out a friend with his 3d project.

I`m still waiting for replacement from EVGA in a form of graphics card 1070 FTW Hydro, because they had no SR-2 in stock.

I had to sell all my parts and spend some money on top of it to build brand new system. It has been alot of headache, but I`ve got it running with a help of a friend.

It`s now ready, the only thing missing, is a graphics card.

Apology for not keeping you updated.

Edited by 3DArtistExtreme

-=3DArtistExtreme=-

Modeling/UV mapping/Lighting/Shading/Texturing

3D Portfolio http://www.oleg-kovalev.com

FlyingIron Simulations

Status update: development stopped for a few months, but it's not forgotten. For my part, I got burnt out trying to do too many things. I'm an engineer, but I'm also a business owner, a gunsmith, I'm upgrading my saltwater aquarium, I'm working on a simpit. I get to busy to make progress on any one thing. That's my fault. I'm trying to quit some hobbies, and finish some projects.

The Tu-22 project is not so easy to find little pieces of time. I get forgetful after a while. I need to be talking with friends in Poltava and Kiev to get still more data on the plane and it's engines...another friend who was an F-111 pilot is helping me decipher the radar and navigation systems of the era (there was much in common between US, British, Soviet systems at the time), and 'decode' the Tu-22M3's panel...there are actually many Soviet era documents about systems that the US military translated, and are publicly available now, so I read those...a friend, Ed Wilson, is also doing gauge programming, and I have to keep feeding him new gauges...and somewhere along the way I'm trying to find funding (stability), and work toward what ED wants for the third party license...there's a flight model somewhere in there too.

...my point being, it's a massive undertaking, and it's the kind of hobby that needs to always be in my head; when I'm working it, I'm trying to push everything along. A super-hobby. So, in a month or two, I get the fish tank done, get the simpit to where I quit tinkering, drop a lot of other things. There should start being more progress then.

• Like 1

Take your time - As Long the Tu22 will be finally available some day , there is no rush. But I hope it gets finished somewhen.

Once the Tomcat is out , this plane is THE SUPER DUPER Counterpart ..

Attack Group of Tu22s fast approaching western ship Group ? , Thats exactly what the F14 was created to intercept with its Long range Missiles..

So the game surplus with this Mod (especially after Tomcat realease ) would be intense !

Cheers and all the Best

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Maybe this will be helpful.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Once the Tomcat is out , this plane is THE SUPER DUPER Counterpart ..

Attack Group of Tu22s fast approaching western ship Group ? , Thats exactly what the F14 was created to intercept with its Long range Missiles..

For those who don't know, a successful mass Tu-22M attack on a US carrier is a major plot element of Tom Clancy's novel 'Red Storm Rising'. Some of the technical details are off, as it was written during the cold war when we didn't know as much as we do now, but the problems are minor. The tactical description of HOW they are used is pretty good. You get to see the Tu-22M doing it's design mission. You also get to see the F-14's performing their design mission as well.

Although the Tu-22M sequence in the movie 'Sum of All Fears' is kind of neat, it displays several tactical inaccuracies, plus I don't think that sequence is in that book. It's also the Tu-22M2.

If anybody knows of any Russian-language material with the Backfire in it, please let me know. I already know about the cow-poop movie...:smilewink:

Edited by brianacooper11