Announcing Tu-22M3 Troika by Black Cat Simulations

I found out about this project only a couple of weeks ago, and I made a forum account to say this (I know I'm very late): This project is probably one of the most interesting ones I have seen in development and has really grabbed my attention. Not just the aircraft itself but also the effort and ambition of Black Cat simulations. So thank you to all the team members for your hard work thus far and what I hope will be into the future too.

I'm really excited to see the future updates for this and I wish you the best of luck in your journey to build the Backfire! We're counting on you :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to seeing the video update, any documentation you could link me in regards to the EFM. Trying to build our own and require a very different sort of engine as well ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

I found out about this project only a couple of weeks ago, and I made a forum account to say this (I know I'm very late): This project is probably one of the most interesting ones I have seen in development and has really grabbed my attention. Not just the aircraft itself but also the effort and ambition of Black Cat simulations. So thank you to all the team members for your hard work thus far and what I hope will be into the future too.

I'm really excited to see the future updates for this and I wish you the best of luck in your journey to build the Backfire! We're counting on you :smilewink:

That's a fine compliment! Thank you!

The wouldn't be able to prosecute the sim makers anyway. They wouldn't even care.

In different countries etc has own laws, but international laws about design, copyright etc requires that you will do all in your power to defend your trademark, copyright etc. Otherwise you will lose them.

This is a problem example with the Linux, as it is a trademark owned by Linus Torvalds (the OS project original creator) and there are lots of abuses etc, and he feels personally bad that he needs to approve nasty legal actions against hobbyists and fans because if he wouldn't, he would lose the trademark.

This is the problem that even when you are copyright/trademark owner, you can't just turn a blind eye on something illegal. As if you do so, then when someone bigger does the same thing, they can defend in court that you allowed it to happen and they will win.

So as a owner for designs, trademarks, copyrights etc, you need to contact the abuser (even if it is just a fansite etc) once it comes to your attention. And you can make a deal with them for a some reasonable way. So you can show in the court that you have defended and maintained your rights.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys, whats up.. any progress on this module? I know u cant update every week.. though sum screenshots or announcements would be appreciated.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

hey guys, whats up.. any progress on this module? I know u cant update every week.. though sum screenshots or announcements would be appreciated.

Yo Guys :)

I`m back.

I`ve been away to Russia, to visit my old grandparents.

Here are some updates:

Few days ago I`ve got my hands on this awesome kit (unfortunately I won`t be able to assemble it in a way it should be) :)

00uJNfj.jpg

Here is some progress on 3D model:

4n3tSTP.jpg

igYymJW.jpg

EyNBkp9.jpg

SK7NEVO.jpg

AXwkuxe.jpg

UiRy9K5.jpg

Greetings,

Oleg

• Like 1

-=3DArtistExtreme=-

Modeling/UV mapping/Lighting/Shading/Texturing

3D Portfolio http://www.oleg-kovalev.com

FlyingIron Simulations

are you laser Scanning Model Parts?

Nope, just touching and measuring them, then compare them to blueprints and photographs and model.

But the sense of touch is really important to me, especially when you can rotate small part look at it from all directions.

Edited by 3DArtistExtreme

-=3DArtistExtreme=-

FlyingIron Simulations

Just letting you know that I can build that model for you on commission if you'd like. Visit Instagram or Facebook ZMSC Modell Works

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Just letting you know that I can build that model for you on commission if you'd like. Visit Instagram or Facebook ZMSC Modell Works

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

If you get around to doing this model, i would love to see it completed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE!

Yo guys :)

Here is an update.

Past days I`ve been in a battle with a tail, to get it matched with all the reference material.

Anyway, I`m still tweaking and getting closer & closer towards the cannon...

Here are results:

ntVnLnX.jpg

WkEW3vy.jpg

lkCkiHB.jpg

eCpBwUn.jpg

uSAMk2s.jpg

Vu8c1gb.jpg

Cya,

Oleg

• Like 1

-=3DArtistExtreme=-

FlyingIron Simulations

Thanks for the update, and looking great!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

UPDATE

Update on today`s work.

I`ve been busy tweaking surfaces of the base "Tail" mesh, took me a while to get to get them perfectly, so that light plays on them as on the reference material.

Finally I`m at the point that allows me to add smaller object, details and cuts to the main mesh :)

F99ms4B.jpg

GR8tipO.jpg

E4FLYc6.jpg

9b54Vpu.jpg

Greetings,

Oleg

-=3DArtistExtreme=-

FlyingIron Simulations

• 3 weeks later...

I spotted a difference here that I circled in red.

Also in a more subtle manner, at the tip of the tail, there are tiny horizontal fins in place of the bulge we can see on the 3D model.

Maybe just due to the fact the model isn't finished and you'll want to say thanks captain obvious but I still wanted to point these out just in case.

Vu8c1gb.thumb.jpg.7ec2e1c831d9fdefd9481935c558d618.jpg

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]